Event Sweet F.A. Hall of Fame Induction - Fitzroybowiedog inducted!

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Evening All,

As one of the inaugural inductions into the Hall of Fame and one of the inaugural members elevated to Immortal status it is my great pleasure to induct fitzroybowiedog into the illustrious Sweet FA Hall of Fame.

fitzroybowiedog commenced in S16 and has played nearly 300 games for his beloved Roys FFC.

Career Statistics:

GMS296
HO75
K2219
M409
HB1971
T1000
FF517
FA258
G227
B170
D4190
DT17176
W-D-L140-2-154

Major Contributions to the League:

fitzroybowiedog is the all time leading match thread poster for the Roys FFC and is synonymous with the club, while also being the second longest serving captain in Sweet FA history (S19 – S27) and long term Committee member.

He is the creator of the Barrels Award, designed to encourage good posting and engagement from the opposition posting ranks.

fitzroybowiedog is responsible for developing the 'engagement style" of posting that is now the Roys brand while keeping the club alive through struggling periods as long term captain.

Has been a leading presence in State of Origin captaining the Allies

Major Awards:

fitzroybowiedog is a 3 time Broken Medallist (S18, 24, 25), Mobbs Medallist (S25), Deestroy Medallist (S25), 5 time All SFA player (S18, 22 – 25), 9 Season captain for the Roys, as well as a Life Member of the Roys FFC.

fitzroybowiedog also completed the "Greatest Ever Season" as Captain of the Roys in S25 - winning the Mobbs Medal, the Deestroy Medal, as well as the Premiership as Captain - all in a single season. He was Dusty before Dusty put it all together.....

Highest Roys representative Mobblow vote-getter in S17, S18, S22, S23, S24 & S25.

Won Roys FFC's best first player (PTizzle Award) in S16.

Won "Good Ole' Roys" award in S17, S19, S20, S21, S22, S23, S24 & S25.

In terms of Mobbs Medal votes:
  • During S25, fitzroybowiedog equalled the league record for consecutive games polling Mobbs medal votes (9),
  • Set the league record for votes in a single season (29 votes) during S25,
  • He is currently 4th on the All Time 3 Mobbs Medals Votes list (24 times receiving 3 votes) (data correct to end S29)
  • 2nd on the polling votes in consecutive seasons list (12 seasons in a row) (data correct to end S29)

fitzroybowiedog is currently 4th in the All Time Mobbs medal voting, with 153 votes, 21st overall in the All Time Beez voting with 3495 votes.

Did you know ?:

fitzroybowiedog is one of only three players to feature in the All Time All Sweet FA team that is not currently inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Of those three players, fitzroybowiedog has played the most games, been the longest serving captain and committee member and has the most Mobbs medal votes.

fitzroybowiedog has also been a selfless leader, opting to recline leisurely on the bench over the majority of the last 5 or 6 seasons - and does so without making a big fuss about it.

Will join the 300 games club R4 S33. In S32 passed 4000 disposals and 1000 tackles.

But putting his amazing statistical record aside he is also beloved by all his teammates.

FBD (then known as FBD) came to the Roys at about the same time I was in a bit of a hiatus so I didn't even know what was happening as a result of his input. When I returned, he was captain, he was posting 2000 posts per season, and he had led the Roys into the Season 25 finals series on the shoulders of a stellar season all his own doing.

It's history now that FBD had a very historic season in S25, but it's the legacy he's left at the Roys which still shines to this day. Everybody knows (or knew) him, and nobody had a bad word to say about him. This is still true to this day, and all eyes light up on both sides when he chooses to rock up to a match for a bit of a look around.

The league loves FBD, the Roys worship him. This is a truly well-deserved accolade.

Fitzroybowiedog is a rare breed, even within the Sweet FA...

Some people, when they join the league - try to adopt the style of the club they are at.
Some people, when they are in the league - stick to their style, regardless of where they are and what the discussion is about.
Some people just try to make the league all about them.
Some people though - can not just change the flow of a thread, restart it or alter it - but can change the way a club is perceived and posts - not just for a short time, but a long term change for the better. Some people leave a legacy that lasts....

Fitzroybowiedog is one of those people. He can be antagonistic, he can be off beat, he can be humorous or modest - but he's always entertaining, always at the centre of the action and always for the Roys. He can wade into a match thread, destroy the opposition and waltz out again, before anyone has figured out what the hell is going on.

On field, he is as good as they come, with the best ever individual season in S25, leading the Roys to Premiership glory. He's also modest, retreating to the comfort of the BJO recliner benches, allowing others to shine on field - while sitting back with a chudshake or two watching from the sidelines. He's won nearly everything there is to win, then stepped aside to let others have their time in the sun.

Fitzroybowiedog laid the foundations for lifting the Roys up, setting a standard for everyone to follow and is truly worthy of a spot in the league Hall of Fame....

Anybody can have a good resume if you play enough games. What sets FBD apart is how he influences Sweet. As a captain and leader, he laid the foundations and expectations for the Roys' culture which is one of the distinct and respected in the league. As a poster, when he enters a thread, Roys and opposition alike respond with that extra bounce. Grats on a well deserved entry to the HoF FBD and I look forward to another fantastic season with us making the finals and looking the goods before one bad quarter knocks us out.
And finally what does the great man have to say about the award?

It's an honour and one that makes me feel mildly uncomfortable. To be elevated up into this rarified air with players who I view as legends of the game is massively humbling. I've never viewed myself as someone on the same level as Hall of Famers, so to be here it's incredible.

This place has been a wonderful community to be a part of, and the Roy's the greatest team to enjoy it with.
I've spent the last couple of seasons on the outer catching up with RL but it hasn't diminished my love for this place and its people.

Looking back I can say I've been incredibly lucky, I've experienced almost everything this place has to offer Premierships, Wooden Spoons, arguments, royal rumbles, moments that have infuriated me, moments that have genuinely moved me tears. I've been to the lowest lows with the Roys and the highest highs and I wouldnt change a thing.

Finally I'd just like to take a moment to thank a couple of folks there are so many out there that have impacted me on my time here, old campaigners, new upstarts but these couple hold a special place in my Gorilla heart: Broken and Mobbs - they were about when I ran into the ground in season 16 and made me feel welcomed in my state of confusion. I see these two as the very best this place has to offer. TedDougChris for being not only a great leader of the Roy's in recent seasons but also someone who genuinely cares about those around him. And finally the late Fred, he always cut through all the bullshit to tell me what was what.

I'm hoping to return a bit more this season, so hopefully I'll be right in amongst it once again.

Thank you.

Congratulations FBD an honour well deserved!

This coming Sunday night we will induct a new member(s) into our illustrious Hall of Fame. I have no doubt it will be leaked before then but on the off chance it's not let the speculation begin.

It's about friggin' time!
I'm not sure I'm prepared ......should I act surprised ......Oh of course I'm ready, about time too

I'll be the most debonair Hall of Famer

WW award.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the only back to back captain in premiership seasons (ever) will be inducted
I won’t ruin any surprises.

But it’s not you. Everyone else is still in as a chance though

I heard a whisper it’s Pickitt
I Hate My Job Reaction GIF

Surely the only back to back captain in premiership seasons (ever) will be inducted
That's a fine point.

PHX the captain of the Season 10 and 11 Fighting Furies premiership teams, the only back to back premiership captain in league history, is long overdue for an induction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Sweet F.A. Hall of Fame Induction - Fitzroybowiedog inducted!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back