Swfl 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

what was the crowd? bit of a fairytale for HBL coming from 5th. Just shows the season starts again come finals time

Thats what I like about our game. Its not like this in english soccer where you win if you finish on top, except for the promotion opportunities in lower leagues.

I heard the crowd was 5500 not comfirmed but, the crowd was over 4000+ thats for sure. Not bad for a regional grand final at all, but a few former AFL / WAFL players do play in the competition.

I hear that was Mark Bayliss' last year at Souths. I wonder if he will try to find another club to coach in the South west.I'm not sure a club will take him on after his last four years coacing in the swfl, he has managed to take his team to the GF and lose, this year would have been his best chance, as souths went all out with up to 11 recruits.

I hear that was Mark Bayliss' last year at Souths. I wonder if he will try to find another club to coach in the South west.I'm not sure a club will take him on after his last four years coacing in the swfl, he has managed to take his team to the GF and lose, this year would have been his best chance, as souths went all out with up to 11 recruits.

I heard he is retiring and that is it but I find this hard to believe. May give it up for 2 - 3 years but maybe be back after this period.

And finished on top this year as well. I am pretty sure it is only three years though, HBL one year and Souths back to back.

In the PFL in 2000 and 01 he did the same thing. Very unlucky man.

I heard he is retiring and that is it but I find this hard to believe. May give it up for 2 - 3 years but maybe be back after this period.

And finished on top this year as well. I am pretty sure it is only three years though, HBL one year and Souths back to back.

If it is his last year at Souths and he wanted to coach on I'm not sure anyone will want to take him on with that record.

Heath Black made some comments about Adam Hunter in yesterday's west that Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett wasn't too happy about.

I think Souths are reviewing the footage and looking at making a complainant about the way Hunter was treated mainly by Rob Hillier. I didn't see too much of what happened..... bit hard from the beer tent!

Yeah some people are complaining a bit about how Hunter was treated but what do you expect being a premiership player in the AFL and someone as dangerous as he was to play in defence for 3 quarters then play forward in the last and kick 3 goals and win a match (I am talking about his AFL days of course).

He was never going ro recieve a normal game and someone of his experiences should raise above this.

Yeah some people are complaining a bit about how Hunter was treated but what do you expect being a premiership player in the AFL and someone as dangerous as he was to play in defence for 3 quarters then play forward in the last and kick 3 goals and win a match (I am talking about his AFL days of course).

He was never going ro recieve a normal game and someone of his experiences should raise above this.

A Deliberate Elbow to the head when he is on the ground is a bit over the top,The HBL player should have been carded for that.

A Deliberate Elbow to the head when he is on the ground is a bit over the top,The HBL player should have been carded for that.
Yeah I agree, but the player involved if the umpires saw it WILL miss 2 - 3 weeks for it next season. I think there is video footage of it anyway so he will miss some weeks for it.

A tactic that worked. Heath Black has copped a bit of flak over how his side went about it but I dont think they could have won if they had gone head to head with souths, who have alot of players that are very dangerous when allowed to roam free.

Souths had their chances.

Yeah I agree, but the player involved if the umpires saw it WILL miss 2 - 3 weeks for it next season. I think there is video footage of it anyway so he will miss some weeks for it.

If he was Carded,he would have been sent of for atleast 15 minutes.

A tactic that worked. Heath Black has copped a bit of flak over how his side went about it but I dont think they could have won if they had gone head to head with souths, who have alot of players that are very dangerous when allowed to roam free.

Souths had their chances.

Yes, very good post. People got their moneys worth as after HBL beat Carey Park in the preliminary, over half of the SWFL followers (myself included) would have said before the match THAT SOUTHS SHOULD WIN BUT LETS HOPE FOR A GOOD CONTEST. Got more than this got a good contest with the underdog from 5th getting up.

If he was Carded,he would have been sent of for atleast 15 minutes.

If anything the umpires would be slightly come under fire for not taking control of a grand final like the umpires usually would. They really did let the play continue and didn't on stamp their authority on the match which in it's self can be a good thing but not in this case.

But the tactics used from HBL were still fair game.

He had a year off in 07 when HBL beat Souths, coached a losing GF in 06 Coaching HBL against Carey Park, and lost that one by less than a Kick. I'd be giving up if i were him. So apart from the year off, four grand final losses to Bayliss, i'm surprised he's not bald, i'd be pulling my hair out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a year off in 07 when HBL beat Souths, coached a losing GF in 06 Coaching HBL against Carey Park, and lost that one by less than a Kick. I'd be giving up if i were him. So apart from the year off, four grand final losses to Bayliss, i'm surprised he's not bald, i'd be pulling my hair out.
That would have been even worse considering the FF for HBL kicked 1 goal 8 and 2 out of bounds on the full that day when they lost by a kick.

That would have been even worse considering the FF for HBL kicked 1 goal 8 and 2 out of bounds on the full that day when they lost by a kick.
Williams was his name?

Had a shocker, thought it was only 1 goal, 6 behinds though from memory with those out abound on the fulls as well.

can't buy luck !

Chris Atthowe won Eaton's from Shaun Crane.
Nick Kane won South Bunbury's from Tom Harper (local boys).
Dave Butler won Bunbury's from Sam Miles, Jesse Gribble finished 3rd after winning the Hayward!
Dom Foster pipped Viv Blurton for the Parks
Shane Cristialdi won Donnybrook's, Daniel Houghton won HBL's and Alex Tweedie won Collie's.

Chris Atthowe won Eaton's from Shaun Crane.
Nick Kane won South Bunbury's from Tom Harper (local boys).
Dave Butler won Bunbury's from Sam Miles, Jesse Gribble finished 3rd after winning the Hayward!
Dom Foster pipped Viv Blurton for the Parks
Shane Cristialdi won Donnybrook's, Daniel Houghton won HBL's and Alex Tweedie won Collie's.

Great to see some local young boys take out the Eatons awards but in saying this they don't recruit many if any stars from the WAFL.

Dave Butler use to play peel / former HBL player? Good player but a bit shocked Gribble got 3rd in the count.

Again good to see a young local take out the count at Donnybrook as well.

So many names which could play WAFL here which I still feel there should be a push for a south west WAFL side to create a 10 club team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swfl 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back