Collie 36
Bunbury 30
Eaton 24
Harvey 24
HBL 22
Busselton 20
AMR 8
Donneybrook

Adam Hunter played for south Bunbury on the weekend, kicking 4 goals. Jaxon crabb to line up for them in a couple of weeks. Braun did not play for AMR. planned first game against eaton in round 15.

Adam Hunter played for south Bunbury on the weekend, kicking 4 goals. Jaxon crabb to line up for them in a couple of weeks. Braun did not play for AMR. planned first game against eaton in round 15.

Not bad for a guy who apparently cant lift his arms above his shoulders! :p

What does everyone think about the new points system the SWFL may bring into play to even out the competition. (like the WAFL system) I think it was 7 points for an ex AFL player, 5 for an ex WAFL player and 1 point for a local player.

Can anyone see this going ahead? And does this include all players at the club including those who are playing in the resys? Will some resy players be turned away due to this points system as a club aims to improve their league list with WAFL players?

I believe it's a ok idea but there are cracks in the system
Will be interesting to see if the SWFL goes with this system next year and I did state somewhere in this thread that the SWFL has become a dumping ground of ex AFL / WAFL players.

It has its pro and cons

PROs:
Better skill based competition
More media exposure
Higher attendance in games
Passing on knowledge to local players
Can help clubs raise money / local charities
Kid's running on the field for autographs after the game (I assume it happens)?

CONs:
Sucks out money out of clubs (have heard the big 4 dish out over 50k+ a season on player payments)
The better than average 19 - 22 year olds can struggle to get league games or warm the bench at best.
Potentially team chemisty damaging. (Players don't own up to it but it happens)

Can't really think of anymore CON's so I guess the SWFL won't bring it in. But I still feel some points system should be in place otherwise we might as well rename the SWFL the "WAFL reserves 2nds"

Legitiment discussion here, something that hasn't happened in a while. Voice your opinion

Will be interesting to see if the SWFL goes with this system next year and I did state somewhere in this thread that the SWFL has become a dumping ground of ex AFL / WAFL players.

It has its pro and cons

PROs:
Better skill based competition
More media exposure
Higher attendance in games
Passing on knowledge to local players
Can help clubs raise money / local charities
Kid's running on the field for autographs after the game (I assume it happens)?

CONs:
Sucks out money out of clubs (have heard the big 4 dish out over 50k+ a season on player payments)
The better than average 19 - 22 year olds can struggle to get league games or warm the bench at best.
Potentially team chemisty damaging. (Players don't own up to it but it happens)

Can't really think of anymore CON's so I guess the SWFL won't bring it in. But I still feel some points system should be in place otherwise we might as well rename the SWFL the "WAFL reserves 2nds"

Legitiment discussion here, something that hasn't happened in a while. Voice your opinion

I hope they don't classify a WAFL players as someone who has played WAFL reserves and no league games. Alot of points for someone who may be a good player at SWFL league level but not a dominate one as a WAFL league player should be.

Pacemaker - Alot of clubs spend alot more than 50K - South Bunno, HBL and CP i hear have spent over 100K in the last couple of seasons and by the looks of the players the harvey Bulls have i think they would be spending well over 50K on player payments.

I think the points system will bring the standard down of the league and i think the young players get a fair go if they are good enough. It may bring all the teams more on an even playing field but i dont think the standard will be as good.

As the WAFL season starts to wind down after the historic 1 point win to Swan Districts I am turning my attention to the SWFL.

They recently had their Hayward medal presentation (last week) which was won by former Swan districts and local Bunbury player Jesse Gribble. There were alot of former WAFL players who finished in the top 15 - 16 players in the count.

Gribble, Jesse Bunbury 24
Lewis, Daniel HBL 20
Virgo, Matt Carey Park 18
Hall, Brent Busselton 16
Harper, Dylan South Bunbury 16
Mackenzie, Ryan South Bunbury 14
Redfern, Ryan Harvey Bulls 14
Bebbington, Kane Collie Eagles 13
Graham, Daniel Collie Eagles 12
Robinson, Michael Harvey Bulls 12
Hayes, Caine Harvey Bulls 11
Cormack, Jace Bunbury 11
Dornan, Jesse AMR 10
Beal, Stephen Eaton Boomers 10

http://www.swfl.com.au/news.php?article=144

South Bunbury football club has made it into this years Grand Final again who will finally be looking to lift that premiership cup. I am sure Adam Hunter will still be lining up for South bunbury in the big one as he seems to have made a full recovery from his shoulder problems. Carey Park and HBL are fighting it out this week to join them in the grand final. Carey Park looking to go back to back as HBL who always finish highly in the finals will be looking to win their next flag since 3-4 years go. As much as I would like to see HBL win I feel Carey Park will be too strong and create a re-match of last years GF where Carey Park won.

Reserves: HBL are a powerhouse in the reserve competition and will be going for 3 flags in a row. They smashed their nearest rival in South Bunbury by 100 points in the 2nd semi to see them progress into the GF. South Bunbury and Eaton Boomers will fight it out for a place in the GF and I would not be surprised at all if the youthful Boomers got up.

Colts: Always put on a great match and is always a match which sees players progress into the WAFL ranks. Carey Park have made it into this years grand final where as Eaton boomers will contest with Busselton for a place in this years colts GF. I expect the Boomers to get up in which have had a strong colts side in the past 3-4 years which should create another epic Carey park and Eaton Boomers GF from a couple of years back.

Seeing the Mighty Red & Whites beat the Goats:D to go through to the Grand Final was terrific.But I also enjoyed watching young Kirk Ugle of Carey Park.Unfortantly(Or fortunatly from Souths piont of view) he got hurt but this kid can play.He is quick and one of the most skifull players I"ve seen in the SWFL for along time.I heard Collingwood had a scout at the game having a look at him. Go Tigers

Yeah I remember him as I did a season of umpiring juniors. Did have that talking back attribute back then which I hope he has taken out of his game. Should be rookie listed this year.

GRAND FINAL

Colts: Carey Park vs Eaton @ 9:30am

Reserves: Harvey-Brunswick vs South Bunbury @ 11:50am

League: South Bunbury vs Harvey-Brunswick @ 2:30pm

MOTR will be in the colts in my opinion. I would think Harvey-Brunswick would be too strong for South Bunbury in the reserves however, South Bunbury should win the league but hoping for a close contest.

GRAND FINAL

Colts: Carey Park vs Eaton @ 9:30am

Reserves: Harvey-Brunswick vs South Bunbury @ 11:50am

League: South Bunbury vs Harvey-Brunswick @ 2:30pm

MOTR will be in the colts in my opinion. I would think Harvey-Brunswick would be too strong for South Bunbury in the reserves however, South Bunbury should win the league but hoping for a close contest.

The colts game should be a beauty and I think Carey Park may win in a close one. Both teams have some exciting young players and would be more than worth getting along early to watch this one. I'd agree with HBL beating souths in the reserves. I wouldn't discount HBL in the league game, obviously souths will go in as red hot favourites and deservedly so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The colts game should be a beauty and I think Carey Park may win in a close one. Both teams have some exciting young players and would be more than worth getting along early to watch this one. I'd agree with HBL beating souths in the reserves. I wouldn't discount HBL in the league game, obviously souths will go in as red hot favourites and deservedly so.

Does Kirk Ugle qualify for the Carey Park colts side? If so this should be the advantage which gets them over the line.

No he doesn't. Kirk hasn't played a colts game this year. If the league team had made it to the grand final this would make him eligible to also play colts along with Cameron Bennell and Chris Rintoul otherwise I think they have to play a minimum of 6 colts games to qualify.

No he doesn't. Kirk hasn't played a colts game this year. If the league team had made it to the grand final this would make him eligible to also play colts along with Cameron Bennell and Chris Rintoul otherwise I think they have to play a minimum of 6 colts games to qualify.

Yeah that sounds about right. Use to be 5 games in juniors competition. I am still sure he will celebrate with his age group mates if they win though.

Any Idea what the gate entry is these days for a Grand Final?
I am assuming $12 adults, $8 concession, Children 12 - 16 years $5, Under 12 free? With parking in the ground perhaps $3?

Adults $10.00
Child 1 - 6 $1.00 (weird)
Consession $7.00
Vehicles $2.00
Budget $4.00

Agreed with you here corndapark and Kris. Under 6 should clearly be free. Expect those with young ones as young as 1 -3 to let the gates man know about what they think of this. Sort of feel sorry for him as there will be a spray or two.

I assume consession is 7 - 17 / +65 (student / senior card / special needs card). Hopefully I can use my University card? But looking at that child pricing I predict they will say no:(.

Happy with the Adult price, felt it would be higher and the GF budget seems fair as I can remember paying up to $4.50 for one once.

If you park your car on the outside do you still have to pay a fee? I know you will have to get in early (8:30am)

Harvey Brunswick create history

BY: Pacey

It was a historical day today for the SWFL and the Harvey Brunswick Lions as they came from the final spot in the finals 5th to beat the minor premiers South Bunbury. The match was a fiery encounter at Hands Oval in South Bunbury however Mick Sherry settled early from Harvey Brunswick and managed to get the first goal in which started a landslide of goals for the Lions in the first quarter which saw the score of 5.1 to 0.2 in favour of the Lions. The Lions continued their physical presences and dominance on the game in the 2nd quarter to lead the game by 31 points at the main break. However South Bunbury came out of the rooms switched on during the third quarter and it appeared the Harvey Brunswick lions were starting to run out of gas as they kicked 4 goals to 1 in the 3rd quarter to cut the Lions lead back to 13 points at the final change. Harvey Brunswick coach Heath Black stated at the final break that for thirty minutes the players needed to hook on to a man and this would ensure they come away happy boys after the game.

The final quarter was played at an intense pace as South Bunbury continue to charge in the first couple of minutes. However Harvey Brunswick's defence stood firm. An amazing mark 15 metres out with five minutes remaining to Daniel Lewis of Harvey Brunswick in their forward line managed to produce a huge roar from the Harvey Brunswick fans. Once he converted this put the game in doubt for South Bunbury as the Lions lead by 16 points with only minutes remaining. Harvey Brunswick ended up winning the match by 18 points, 9.11.65 to South Bunbury's 6.11.47. For the Lions the main goal scorers were Andrew Siegert with three as Daniel Lewis managed to kick two. For South Bunbury Adam Harper kicked two as star recruit Adam Hunter only managed one as he couldn't cope with the physical tactics coach Heath Black gave to his players to niggle him at every opportunity. Harvey Brunswick's and former Peel Thunder Player Daniel Houghton managed to take out this year's Pike medal (BOG) for his dominate display in the midfield. Daniel stated after being interviewed by radiowest "we knew we had a bit of a chance but to pull it off was amazing". Heath Black also being interviewed by radiowest after the game stated that the win "was a credit to the club ... we played a tough inside game of footy ... and to come from 7th (being 7th at the mid-way point of the season) is a credit to the club". During the week Black said to his players that "we all know South Bunbury are a superior team" and "we needed to challenge them to find their breaking point" as reported from radiowest. Health Black also went on to say that "you don't win a grand final unless you have some real contributors" and that it was a "team effort". Harvey Brunswick who won their last nine of their past ten games to make the grand final also managed to become the first side in the SWFL to come from 5th place to win the premiership.

In the reserves grand final Harvey Brunswick also beat South Bunbury 96 to 29 and in the colts which was a cracker of a match Carey Park came from behind at three quarter time to defeat Eaton by six points 64 to 58. Carey Park managed to kick three goals to nil in the final quarter to give them the premiership as Eaton failed to kick any goals in the final half of football.

swfl2010.png

Editted from http://southwest.thewest.com.au/Regionals.aspx?MenuID=278&ContentId=167892

Here are the expert articles:thumbsu:.

Harvey-Brunswick-Leschenault became the first team to win a South West Football League grand final from fifth position when they surprised raging flag favourites South Bunbury with an 18-point win at Hands Oval.

http://southwest.thewest.com.au/regionals.aspx?MenuID=278&ContentID=167930

premiersq.jpg

Harvey-Brunswick celebrate their 2010 premiership win

IN an absorbing contest Harvey Brunswick Leschenault has defeated South Bunbury in the South West Football League grand final.

The Lions triumphed against the much fancied Tigers by 18 points in a tight contest at Hands Oval yesterday.

http://www.bunburymail.com.au/news/...ons-prevail-in-absorbing-contest/1959222.aspx
cupt.jpg

Coach Heath Black and the HBL co-captains raise the premiership cup.
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1217/cupt.jpg

Well done to HBL for their wins in the reserves and league. Congrats to Carey Park in the colts, another awesome game of footy with the Boomers.
Really good crowd on a day that was perfect for footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swfl 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back