Remove this Banner Ad

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
A fantastic win. Every game needs a review - but reviews are much more pleasureable after a win.

Positives:
- We wanted the ball.
- We looked like we were going to fade early in the third, but we didn't. Showed ticker and desperation we'd never shown before Hardwick.
- I feel so safe when the ball is in the hands of Deledio or Newman.
- Reiwoldt didn't dominate the game by any means but he still kicked five. That pluck that set up Collins twenty out was insane.
- Dan Connors is showing this perfect mixture of composure and a want to take the game on. That sidestep that set up a goal in the second was fantastic.
- Our two big backs - Thursty and Moore. They were superb.
- Guys you were worried about before the season or even at different points this year - like Collins, Connors and Farmer. They were all fantastic today. Farmer works so hard and bleeds for the jumper so much that it goes close to making up for his height and pace deficiencies.

Negatives:
- We're still vulnerable when there's a monster forward in the 50 (i.e. Pyke's grabs)
- Guys lost their footing at really crucial moments.
- We were really Reiwoldt conscious early in the third - banging it long to two on ones - mix it up, make him lead for it as well.We started to get the hang of this as we came back.

Go nuts guys :thumbsu:

Positives - It looked over in the 3rd. We kept on giving it our all and evetually it clicked. We were rusty early on and looked off, but persistence paid off.

Griffiths still hasn't lost.

10 weeks ago they flogged the shit out of us.

Negatives - Tambling is badly out of form.

positives - fighting right to the death and winning a close one against quality opposition.
The young blokes just wanting to win more than Sydney did was great to watch

negative - Tambling and being 2 focused on Jr going i50 really need blokes like griff to present more

Postives:
- We showed heart, not only as a team in winning the game but also individual players who got hurt but got up and got back in the fight. The players will take a lot of belief out of today and I don't care what anyone says that can only be a good thing.
- The glass half full types are starting to erase the doubts, yes they still make the odd mistake, but as Hardwick says you'll wear them if they learn from them.
- The win today came against a side that had everything to play for, had the Swans won they would have all but secured their top 8 spot.
- Jack now has a 5 goal lead over Hall in the Coleman.
- 90 tackles for the game and out tackled the Swans, also beat them in the contested possessions & clearances as well.

Negatives:
- Starting to become too Riewoldtcentric, need to start spreading the load a little more. Even if it does cost Jack the Coleman we'll be better served by establishing other options.

I think people are being too paranoid over this "Riewoldtcentric" thing....it's still very early days and it's not as if we're not aware of it and not developing other options. When the defence focuses on him , it leaves others wide open (see Collins)...in the wash up, it's a good thing to have him up there and I doubt even we'll be so stupid as to make the same mistake we made for all those years with Richo(who was also way more demanding and selfish and for the majority of his career lacked the second efforts that Jack is putting in).
The hardest part is getting the team to get over it psychologically, and there were signs today that they could when they saw he was being taken out of the contest.

Negatives: Tambling is a piece of shit, and channel 7's coverage was crap with 3 ad's after every goal.

One of the best things about spending my holidays with the rents in Tas - games are live and there's no ads.

Makes missing the game a little easier to cope with.

Positives: A LOT, quite a few stood up under pressure to win it when it was there to be won, we didn't crumble when 5 goals down.

Negatives: Tambling, just don't know what to make of him, would love for him to make it as it's another option for us but I just can't see it happening anymore. Also, way too much football in todays coverage of advertisements by chanel 7.

For those guys that are saying that we need more leads form gusy int eh 50, not just Roo, i lost count of how many players we had free 35-40 meters out, as good as directly in front, but went long to JR8 anyway. White in the 3rd quarter was a classic example of this.

Positives:

Tackling was really good and good ball use out of the back 50 with no ridiculous decisions. In all honestly a lot of positives.

Negatives:

Cousins KICK THE ****ING THING stop handballing everything or it will start to piss me off more and more and I shouldn't have to get pissed of by something like that :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:
- Fighting back from 33 points down. The tigers of the first half of the year would have been blown away and lost by 70. Showed huge character and passion
- Tackling. Outstanding.
- Ben Griffiths first set shot goal at a crucial time. Slotted it with confidence.
-Andy Collins, proving to be very dangerous around the goals.
-JR
-Newman leading from the front.
- Lids showing real ticker after that nasty looking arm injury.

Negatives:
- Seemed to bomb and hope at times when entering forward 50. Often kicking to 1 on 2s.
- Tambling. Im sure he would have heard those bronx cheers!

Positives - never gave up, everyone busted a gut.

Negatives - umpiring. F$%k me we get a raw deal. It was just ridiculous at times. Jake King is a marked man with the whistle blowers. Poor decisions were lucky not to cost us the win.

Negatives - Tambling
Positives - 21 players

GOt to disagree with this dude. Yeah he was treading water for alot of the game, but when it got to the business end, had an impact ar telling moments of play. I am one of his staunchest baggers, but there were positives from Bling today. All be it small ones.;)

Positives:
Fought back (5 goals down)
Our tackling
Our fitness (to run out the game, from 5 goals down)
We WON

Negatives
Our club song wasnt played loud enough after we won

Positives: Collins-really stood up when it counted, not only that he provided all day.

Farmer-those who know me know about my doubts with him. i can see him as a roaming forward flank and kicking goals from further out. he is more effective there than in defence, in my opinion. will also provide forward line pressure which worked extremely well with king today.

King- forward line pressure was sensational.

Newman- all class, smooth effective footy. i started a thread about avenues for more goals early in the year and mentioned him running on the ball and booting from 50-60m out and proved me right today

JR- provided as usual, and unselfish with goal assist. awesome.

MOST OF ALL - team effort and passion , never giving up till the final sirens gone, won the game. every player lifted and did things right as a team. perfect.

Negatives: im too happy to find anything negative.

Connors did an effective 360* out of trouble.
Collins and lids coming back from injury and playing well.
Farmers goal, Griffiths long kick goal assist. Griffiths goal.
Newmans 2nd half.
Jacks game.
Cotchin fighting his was through Kirks game. 7 clearances from 17 possessions. Kirk was so worried about him getting it he gave away that free late in the last.

Could go on. Great day.

Positives: Collins-really stood up when it counted, not only that he provided all day.

Farmer-those who know me know about my doubts with him. i can see him as a roaming forward flank and kicking goals from further out. he is more effective there than in defence, in my opinion. will also provide forward line pressure which worked extremely well with king today.

King- forward line pressure was sensational.

Newman- all class, smooth effective footy. i started a thread about avenues for more goals early in the year and mentioned him running on the ball and booting from 50-60m out and proved me right today

JR- provided as usual, and unselfish with goal assist. awesome.

MOST OF ALL - team effort and passion , never giving up till the final sirens gone, won the game. every player lifted and did things right as a team. perfect.

Negatives: im too happy to find anything negative.

V Good summary. I reckon the negatives are part of the positives (?) What I mean is that we're now at a new level and can win against quality opposition while still playing some very ordinary patches. Bombing in to 2 on 1s, slack marking of opponents, dumb turnovers, dumb kick out (Newie) and yet we still get up and win. That's the mark of a good side. As others have said (and I thought during the 3rd), we were going to get blown away by 50-60pts. But the new Tiger emerged today against a quality opponent. Big step! Get excited.

I totally agree with that.

As soon as he got that ball the feeling i got was that everyone already knew it was a certain goal. He is a gun at those kicks. Lids and Farmer too (although Farmer missed one today). And Dusty can kick them off one step on his left or right!

Negatives: Tambling is a piece of shit, and channel 7's coverage was crap with 3 ad's after every goal.
a few times when game coverage came back on after ad break, the ball was actually in play, which means that 7/Prime TV (I'm in NE Vic) were shaving action from their coverage to fit in all their bloody ads while still ensuring the game finished right on 6pm. Disgraceful coverage

Biggest positives from the game were that when the game was on the line, Newman, Cotch and Cousins got involved in the crucial plays. Cuz & Cotch in particular pulled rabbits out of the hat in a mass of arms and legs to get the ball to THE RIGHT OPTION. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Sydney Game: Positives and Negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back