Sydney Stack Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who was the fool that advised him to go home to WA with the iso requirement in force. What a joke that requirement is for anyone from VIC anyway, Covid free for how long? They are more than a few hours behind over there!
Nothing wrong to been allowed to go home for a family funeral. The worrying part does anyone really know Stack? His mum kicked him out when he was supposed to stay there. His mum must know something we don't eg his drinking his behavior whatever else lurks.
RFC doesn't owe him anything gave him a chance looked after him they accepted a big fine for him gave him another chance now people are saying give him another chance. If I can see the future and a change in him well I'll be all up for it but not be able to well he is just a big liability and unwanted attention to this football club which has come back from Hell.
Dimma was put on notice due to now we know why is Stack bigger than him? Look at Pickett he was given a chance and the guy grabbed it and don't tell me he had a better upbringing.

Nothing wrong to been allowed to go home for a family funeral. The worrying part does anyone really know Stack? His mum kicked him out when he was supposed to stay there. His mum must know something we don't eg his drinking his behavior whatever else lurks.
RFC doesn't owe him anything gave him a chance looked after him they accepted a big fine for him gave him another chance now people are saying give him another chance. If I can see the future and a change in him well I'll be all up for it but not be able to well he is just a big liability and unwanted attention to this football club which has come back from Hell.
Dimma was put on notice due to now we know why is Stack bigger than him? Look at Pickett he was given a chance and the guy grabbed it and don't tell me he had a better upbringing.
The family funeral was October 9th, maybe they are Greek Orthodox and have 40 days of mourning

So who was the fool that advised him to go home to WA with the iso requirement in force. What a joke that requirement is for anyone from VIC anyway, Covid free for how long? They are more than a few hours behind over there!
The stopover in Adelaide was the problem. Stack should've been on a direct flight home; not quarantining in WA; gets a slap on the wrist for the melee. Not 18 days. Does the club organise these flights? Or his management? Is this too much work for a player manager. For a client on $100k. Peos has Chris Lewis working for him. Might been able to assist somewhere.
I'm tertiary educated and I find it hard to keep on top of daily changes to state border crossing rules.

Last edited:
The stopover in Adelaide was the problem. Stack should've been on a direct flight home; not quarantining in WA; gets a slap on the wrist for the melee. Not 18 days. Does the club organise these flights? Or his management? Is this too much work for a player manager. For a client on $100k. Peos has Chris Lewis working for him. Might been able to assist somewhere.
I'm tertiary educated and I find it hard to keep on top of daily changes to state border crossing rules.

I may be wrong but with flight reductions and cancelled flights etc, Perth flights routinely stopped over at the moment?

he's not a kid. surely he doesn't need a wet nurse. if he wasn't a real talent the club would have shown him the door well before this

Without knowing the ins and outs can only assume since all states and territories operate individually they would only take into account incidents that had occurred in that particular state

Plus his qld breach was an AFL breach not a state one
Not sure about that but stand to be corrected but didnt the queensland government require him to remain in the hub and the penalty was for him to leave the state ? I seem to recall the Qlnd Premier on the news saying someting to that effect where stack & ccj must leave the state

The family funeral was October 9th, maybe they are Greek Orthodox and have 40 days of mourning

This is the part the has me intrigued
September 3 was when Kebab gate occured
October 9 funeral
Sydney Stack was in SA from what we know or was he in WA ?
Either way he had 3 months away from the club and the funeral could have or would have been attended and he had just got back

After the events of Kebab gate and being away from the club and team mates why the need to go back home, Specially when he turned up in such a terrible state to training.

I really get the feeling that Stack like to be an AFL player but doesnt want to do the hard work required to be one, Just wants to play the game on natural ability
This is what holds back so many natural footballers and separates the players that make it.

Hard Work & Discipline

The police weren’t out looking for him they attended the fight in the street that he was a part of

The footage was posted Earlier on in the thread and stack as very much front and centre of the altercation

OK. So he is an idiot. Full on moron for this.

Hmm, what do you ssy

I may be wrong but with flight reductions and cancelled flights etc, Perth flights routinely stopped over at the moment?
Jetstar has direct flights and stopovers in a range of places now. Cairns/Sydney/Adelaide. So, no excuse for not getting a direct flight. Maybe a different story earlier in December

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand that and the question remains the same, very poor advice.
And if he was (didn’t know prior) caught out not knowing the iso requirement then I don’t blame him at all, I would have given them the bird on that front as well. The only issue for me is him putting himself in a position where he is involved in a altercation, but this is far from a hanging offense and a slap on the wrist is all that’s required in my view.
In fact the price he is paying is way over the top for a stopover at the Adelaide airport.

I understand that and the question remains the same, very poor advice.
And if he was (didn’t know prior) caught out not knowing the iso requirement then I don’t blame him at all, I would have given them the bird on that front as well. The only issue for me is him putting himself in a position where he is involved in a altercation, but this is far from a hanging offense and a slap on the wrist is all that’s required in my view.
In fact the price he is paying is way over the top for a stopover at the Adelaide airport.

Why are you blaming advice from someone else for the SA stopover?

He’s not a disabled child, he asked to go home and probably booked the flight himself.

This is the part the has me intrigued
September 3 was when Kebab gate occured
October 9 funeral
Sydney Stack was in SA from what we know or was he in WA ?
Either way he had 3 months away from the club and the funeral could have or would have been attended and he had just got back

After the events of Kebab gate and being away from the club and team mates why the need to go back home, Specially when he turned up in such a terrible state to training.

I really get the feeling that Stack like to be an AFL player but doesnt want to do the hard work required to be one, Just wants to play the game on natural ability
This is what holds back so many natural footballers and separates the players that make it.

Hard Work & Discipline
After the funeral. Stack was p/training with Peos Video posted November. Looks in OK shape. His training sessions at Punt Road were behind close doors. I saw him at preseason training on G/coast start of 2020. He was in great nic. Not overmuscled.
Screenshot (37).png

Last edited:
So he didn attend the funeral then?
No, unless there was another funeral

Last edited:

He’s not a disabled child, he asked to go home and probably booked the flight himself.
His "disability might be literacy or mistake in reading the fine print where the stopover was. I use a huge desk top with big screen but 20 year olds doing this stuff on phone apps is problematic.
I hope the club & Stacks manager reviews its procedures for contact with players in holiday times. Peos can charge him an extra few % for organising flights & lawyers. But Christ almighty the career of a footballer/client is on the line. Good on Paul for getting Stack fit but a cluster f@@k of epic proportions has left Stack doing 18 days solitary.

His "disability might be literacy or mistake in reading the fine print where the stopover was. I use a huge desk top with big screen but 20 year olds doing this stuff on phone apps is problematic.
I hope the club & Stacks manager reviews its procedures for contact with players in holiday times. Peos can charge him an extra few % for organising flights & lawyers. But Christ almighty the career of a footballer/client is on the line. Good on Paul for getting Stack fit but a cluster f@@k of epic proportions has left Stack doing 18 days solitary.
How long before we blame the airline, it’s WA fault. The polices fault, the managers fault, airlines must be about due

Our top dog Sco Mo couldn't even get it right with the international aircrew.
Can't see any player manager getting it right.

Stack personally had to apply for the G2G exemption and quarantine pass. Its a simple process that clearly sets out the conditions.

He knew he broke the "law" even the Belmont address was fake. It was family but they denied he was staying there.

Why people are still trying to defend his actions is bewildering .

Fact- Stack broke the "srict" WA state quarantine laws and like others that have broke them are paying the price either in jail or under police guard in hotel quarantine.

No one else is responsible or to blame.

As did my daughter who ended up going through Sydney and having to quarantine and have a COVID test. Was the only flight she could get so don’t assume he went for the stopover flight by choice. He may or may not have had a choice at all.
Regardless, what’s done is done and we will either back him in or we won’t. I’m hoping we back him in as his talent is off the charts imo, and he’s young from a troubled past who will learn from his mistakes.
It’s up to Sydney to want to make it, pure and simple, and up to Balmey and Co to work out if he is indeed committed.
He should be as the alternative life for him ain’t so grand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back