AFLW Autopsy Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Friday 30th Aug Nth Sydney Oval @7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Well here we go everyone - thanks to our great crowds & last year's ladder position the Swans get the honour of playing opening game for the AFLW season.

The Pies will be without defender Lauren Butler and Davey their captain is still no certainty as she comes back from off season surgery.

For the Swans Privitelli has recovered from her injury and when I spoke to her on Thursday night was raring to go. If she can stay fit I'm expecting a big year from Montana Ham, now into her 3rd year its her time to shine.

The Magpies finished 11th last season and it will be interesting to see how they go with a new coach, but given we made finals & our injury list is low we should account for them easily.

Swans are going to have a much tougher fixture this year as we face 5 out of the 6 last years finalists. We need to take advantage of our home crowds noise and use them to win as many home games as possible.

Swans by 20

Training under lights at North Sydney Oval. Ready for the season opener. #CheerThis

Just some of the highlights the northside of the bridge has to offer this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some of the highlights the northside of the bridge has to offer this weekend

2. The New Metro Line
oops closed for repairs

From Sept 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to watching the new players.

But also keen to see how we go about our contested ball.
Please CHEER, CHEER for all of watching from home
Ditto for others going to the game tonight.
:heart: :heartssuit: :heart:

I'm very optimistic we will win and win well tonight. But this season is going to be very tough to make finals again - we have a brutal draw the back half of the season. I think we can do it but will depend on us improving significantly from last year (which hopefully we have).

A lot of interesting team selections! I did not expect Amy Mitchell to be selected ahead of Bella Smith - well done Amy!! Wonderful to see Collier and Bullas finally recovered from their injuries (ACLs in both cases?). I had thought that Paris McCarthy might make selection but the team is too strong! And Szigeti made it - well done Lauren! I was really impressed by Szigeti in our first season but she seemed a bit on the outer last year and so it's great to see her fight her way back into the team. Also Steane has not made the cut - a great sign of our improved depth. Vale had a great pre-season, especially in the VFLW, and that has seen her clamber in front of some of those others that missed.

I'm very optimistic we will win and win well tonight. But this season is going to be very tough to make finals again - we have a brutal draw the back half of the season. I think we can do it but will depend on us improving significantly from last year (which hopefully we have).

A lot of interesting team selections! I did not expect Amy Mitchell to be selected ahead of Bella Smith - well done Amy!! Wonderful to see Collier and Bullas finally recovered from their injuries (ACLs in both cases?). I had thought that Paris McCarthy might make selection but the team is too strong! And Szigeti made it - well done Lauren! I was really impressed by Szigeti in our first season but she seemed a bit on the outer last year and so it's great to see her fight her way back into the team. Also Steane has not made the cut - a great sign of our improved depth. Vale had a great pre-season, especially in the VFLW, and that has seen her clamber in front of some of those others that missed.
Julie O'Sullivan also missed out. She was great at times last year with quite good skills considering her background.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy Sydney Swans vs Collingwood Friday 30th Aug Nth Sydney Oval @7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back