Remove this Banner Ad

Footylover1

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jan 12, 2007
Victoria: The Place To Be
AFL Club
Sydney
Should these two teams play in the rivalry round instead of Sydney playing the Brisbane Lions? Since 1996, both teams haven't had many blow-out games and have produced some classic games over the years with plenty of controversy. So what do you think? Sydney v Essendon, during rivalry round?

Let me see. What was the crowd up there tonight... 25 thou?

What sort of crowd numbers does Essendon and Pies, or Essendon and blues pull?

Sorry champ, the AFL will stick with where the money is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me see. What was the crowd up there tonight... 25 thou?

What sort of crowd numbers does Essendon and Pies, or Essendon and blues pull?

Sorry champ, the AFL will stick with where the money is.

You would also realise that the game was a sell out earlier in the week. Had it been at TS, which was unavailable, the crowd would have been significantly bigger..

Sorry champ.

Didnt you say close games doesn't necassarily make a close rivalry? God sake.
I did, and it's true. It's the finals that's made the Sydney and WC rivalry. Although I doubt it'll last. Remember when Collingwood and Brisbane was meant to be the next big thing?

But that isn't the same as saying you can't have close games against your rivals. Just that every close game doth not automatically = a rivaly game.

You would also realise that the game was a sell out earlier in the week. Had it been at TS, which was unavailable, the crowd would have been significantly bigger..

Sorry champ.

But still significantly smaller than a game between Essendon and one of the aforementioned C words, nu?

I didn't realise the SCG held so few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney v Essendon rivalry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back