Sydney vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah you were pathetic you're right there

We were, piss poor, only one winner on th ground, if a couple of others performed at all we would of won, but the pies played their best so we suffered

This thread was a great read.
Certainly interested to know how Red Roo goes in his anger management session tomorrow morning.
Our thoughts are with you Roo.....hahahahahahahahahahahaah!

Is there such a thing as a neutral viewer.

Some fans support more than one team. Some hate certain teams. Others may be biased by the tipping, SC/DT, the impact a win or loss will have on the ladder, betting, swayed by the support of family or friends, like particular players, root for the underdog and so on.

Sure the umpiring is bad, but the gameday threads are rarely neutral.

Just look at how many Fremantle fans flood WC gameday threads, hollering about everything from "cheating", to Worsfold.

Is has absolutely nothing to do with the fact West Coast games are always one of the few games in a round actually broadcast on FTA, naturally. The rare West Coast fan that will venture into a Freo gameday thread however will always show good grace and impartiality. :rolleyes:

You're right though in that no matter how neutral you claim to be throughout the course of the game various events (unsportsmanlike acts, umpiring, great play etc) will lead you to favour one side over the other, usually it's whoever is the underdog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is has absolutely nothing to do with the fact West Coast games are always one of the few games in a round actually broadcast on FTA, naturally. The rare West Coast fan that will venture into a Freo gameday thread however will always show good grace and impartiality. :rolleyes:
Nothing at all to do with it. It is so blatant, flagrant and overwhelming that to pretend otherwise would be silly.

Generally I find the opposite with most Freo gameday threads, the few WC supporters that are there seem happy that Freo are finally doing well. There is nothing wrong with your club, you just have shit fans.

We were, piss poor, only one winner on th ground, if a couple of others performed at all we would of won, but the pies played their best so we suffered

Best? No. Not yet.

I don't think Pies are going to get very far in finals this year but after playing 40 players on the list and record amount of debuts in a season, they're on the right track.

Certainly can draw some parallels between the Pies of 2013 and Geelong of 2012.

Nothing at all to do with it. It is so blatant, flagrant and overwhelming that to pretend otherwise would be silly.

Generally I find the opposite with most Freo gameday threads, the few WC supporters that are there seem happy that Freo are finally doing well. There is nothing wrong with your club, you just have shit fans.

Nah.

Simply the objective reality.

Didn't you question whether there is such a thing as the neutral fan in this thread? How can you then assert it as an objective reality?

The only reason why West Coast fans have stayed out of Fremantle threads this year is because you are all tied up with meltdowns on your own board.

Didn't you question whether there is such a thing as the neutral fan in this thread? How can you then assert it as an objective reality?

The only reason why West Coast fans have stayed out of Fremantle threads this year is because you are all tied up with meltdowns on your own board.
Nope.

The volume of Fremantle fans and the relentless negativity and proclivity of their posting cannot be denied. It is simple fact.

For instance, Lach probably posts more in WC gameday threads than threads on any other single topic. The motivations as to why this happens have been well covered before. However for a more blatant example, simply compare Dockerland to EaglesFlyingHigh. Both have WC as one of their most discussed topics but only one is a forum dedicated to that club.

Nope.

The volume of Fremantle fans and the relentless negativity and proclivity of their posting cannot be denied. It is simple fact.

For instance, Lach probably posts more in WC gameday threads than any other single topic. The motivations as to why this happens have been well covered before. Simply compare Dockerland to EaglesFlyingHigh, both have WC as one of their most posted about topics but only one is a forum dedicated to that club.

I would like to see a thorough statistical analysis before I believe you. Anecdotes aren't good enough or a person could cite Public Enemy No1.

Given most Fremantle fans have at one stage been banned from Dockerland, I'm not sure why that is a point of reference.

I would like to see a thorough statistical analysis before I believe you. Anecdotes aren't good enough or a person could cite Public Enemy No1.

Given most Fremantle fans have at one stage been banned from Dockerland, I'm not sure why that is a point of reference.
Consider Public Enemy an outlier.

My point is, that despite the two being club orientated forums, only one of the two has an unhealthy focus on their cross town rival.

Not all Fremantle fans are bad, but then not all Fremantle fans appear to be true Fremantle fans. There is still a massive old school contingent that are more accurately "not WCE supporters".

Consider Public Enemy an outlier.

What would you call the famous "Frank from Canningvale"?

Both supporter bases have knobends, but I am yet to witness any over the top negativity from Freo fans towards West Coast. Certainly not of the kind displayed today in these two threads here and here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back