Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like the Swans have escaped scrutiny.. huge damage to the brand.
Remember for lots of people, especially in NSW, this is the only game people watch all year.
Broadcasters would be pissed off and set NSW fans footy back years.

Yes it is. I'm now reflecting on my continued involvement as supporter. At days end you simply must give max effort. Anything less is BS. Yes I get loss aversion but you must force yourself through it. To have a pressure rating in 150s in a GF is very poor. There has to be accountability..Roos is right.

They should trade Chad Warner imo this year with 1 year to go since, many clubs rumors are convinced he going next year and out of contract he will be worth less + next year's draft isn't as good, they should try get into this draft.

They should trade Chad Warner imo this year with 1 year to go since, many clubs rumors are convinced he going next year and out of contract he will be worth less + next year's draft isn't as good, they should try get into this draft.

Yes I agree. Talented when he is "on". But I've always had concerns that he lacks consistency and chooses his times all designed to be showy rather than do what was required. Id rather Rowbottom every day of the week. He will be never let you down. If we had 22 of him we win GF easily

What's disturbing I've read that they had a sports psychologist helping them leading in.....trying to make it just like any other game. That's just a terrible misfire. For a start sack them!!!

The problem is heaps of NSW NRL fans will tune in for the GF and see a one sided game and just confirm the bias it's a shit game.

I live in Vic and last year I watched the NRL grand final and it was close and exciting so it game me a more positive view of the code overall.

Swans really have screwed the pooch.

Do you think there is more performance anxiety for Sydney, because people in NSW only tune in for the grand final?
I think we just got found out. I was surprised we beat GWS in that first final.

Will be interesting to see how the Storm go on Sunday. Similar story. Finished on top and now head into a GF knowing it's probably the only NRL game most Melbourne people watch all year.

It’s not even a week later and the media are reverting to fluffing up Sydney and it’s players coaches

Heard tonight on SEN how Luke Parker’s leadership would be excellent for a club ‘in the window’

Puleeze has been a quality player but has been a leader in all Sydney’s fails

Maybe th attraction of north to Parker is no more finals to lose

It’s not even a week later and the media are reverting to fluffing up Sydney and it’s players coaches

Heard tonight on SEN how Luke Parker’s leadership would be excellent for a club ‘in the window’

Offered more than most of his team mates last weekend to be fair.

Only stands up when grand finals are finished, and I mean he played knowing he wanted out too

I think the media if they are letting up (I am trying not to follow it to be honest) Is a bad thing for the club, they need pressure on some of the failures

Just like Port of the early 2000s. In finals …mentally weak. My dad says as much and he is a Swans supporter. Why is this contentious?

All our losses this year were oppositions bringing high level pressure on that bs fox rating thing.
The grand final brings the ultimate pressure, they go to water before it starts, take nothing away from the Lions, who gave them 0 chance to settle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobbed up and kicked 3 goals late in the last quarter. What the **** game were you watching.
To be fair, he laid six tackles for the game (the most of any Swans player), keeping in mind he spent most of his time on the forward line. If others had offered that level of output, the game looks quite different (i.e. less embarrassing).

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back