Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it is an outside of the top 4 thing. I think it is Longmire's lack of interest in clearances that is the problem.
Horse's finals record is strong in SCG/ANZ home games though.

The bigger issue is being pathetic away finals performers. Since their 2012 premiership, Sydney are 2 wins and 10 losses in finals played outside of Sydney. Including finals on neutral venues or against sides not playing on their primary home ground. Many of those losses were embarrassing thumpings.

Learning to perform anywhere when it matters is the main thing to address. It's a mental issue.

Sydney is a lot like Geelong in some ways

Over perform every year to a huge home ground advantage which puts them higher on the ladder than they deserve

Have poor final records as a result

Just 45 tackles today. Didn't turn up at all.

Wilted under the pressure.

Lions brought the heat early in the game as did the Hawks in 2014. Similar blowout.
I’m genuinely shocked at how they wilted.

Gulden was absolutely terrible especially. He got pushed aside in every contest. Lions were intense but when your best players are as weak and soft as Sydney’s were, there is only one outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse's finals record is strong in SCG/ANZ home games though.

The bigger issue is being pathetic away finals performers. Since their 2012 premiership, Sydney are 2 wins and 10 losses in finals played outside of Sydney. Including finals on neutral venues or against sides not playing on their primary home ground. Many of those losses were embarrassing thumpings.

Learning to perform anywhere when it matters is the main thing to address. It's a mental issue.
Astute post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back