Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, and as I posted elsewhere, this mouthwatering match-up between two "NRL" states had the potential to do so much good for the expansion of the game, but I can't see too many NSW fence-sitters signing up as AFL fans after yet another GF collapse from us.

But, it probably won't surprise you to hear this, if you've got any suggestions for a solution, there's a hell of a lot of people that would like to hear them.
Might help their orange rivals though

Imagine a Swans Giants gf next year with the Giants winning and causing the Bloods 5th gf defeat in a row. That'll really add some feeling to the rivalry.
I'm not sure that is a scenario to be put to Swans supporters at this time........or any time in fact, their grief is sufficient as is. :(

Imagine a Swans Giants gf next year with the Giants winning and causing the Bloods 5th gf defeat in a row. That'll really add some feeling to the rivalry.
Never mind, thought this was on the Swans board. Carry on

At least when Geelong lost 89, 92, 94 and 95 we were the underdogs in each game. And gave '92 and '94 a decent crack before running out of legs.

Sydney were favourites in three of their disasters. Even their excuses are embarrassing. In 2016, they kicked 3.4 to 6.10 in the second half, and somehow blame the umpires for a 22 point loss.

It’s a bit rich to be critical of others teams given what happened mate
And I’m not allowed to defend the club? A bit rich…

And don’t call me mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that is a scenario to be put to Swans supporters at this time........or any time in fact, their grief is sufficient as is. :(
I can honestly say I can cope with losing grand finals. I have no issues with '06 and '16, great contests and we were right in both of them. I'd be fine losing to GWS. I can see the bigger picture too, of the boost to the game nationally.

Getting very sick of being thrashed in grand finals though.

I can honestly say I can cope with losing grand finals. I have no issues with '06 and '16, great contests and we were right in both of them. I'd be fine losing to GWS. I can see the bigger picture too, of the boost to the game nationally.

Thrashings are at least a slow burn. 2003 i cracked the shits by quarter time and went outside we're the dorks at the party were at. 2018 i flicked the channel over after Sheeds goal and pretended nothing happened. Did we win?

I know there's a tendency to hyper analyse at these times, but I found Dane Rampes comments interesting

"Im at peace with our preparation which makes this hollow, we don't know what went wrong"
Well in a way he's stating the bleeding obvious, because if the solution to the problem was very clear, someone - specially those who are paid top dollar to deal with such things - would have implemented it.

It's tough regardless of the nature of the contest for me, albeit for different reasons if it is close, somewhat close but well contested, or a thrashing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back