Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Footywire has this one wrong, on the wireless it was stated he wants to get another 12 month deal.
Then look at moving into coaching.

This would be the second thing that that website has led me astray on in as many weeks.

Will need to stop using it as a source.
He signed a 2 year deal in 2023.

Onya Dani 😂

sheep bucket GIF by Qvisten Animation

AFL Integrity warns Essendon over Nick Hind and Jake Stringer’s associates​

AFL Integrity has warned Essendon to be vigilant over who it allows into its change rooms after concerns were raised about players’ associates.

September 18, 2024 - 4:12PM
5e90f85ed2ea3ac61d1fa177d4715a32

AFL
AFL Integrity has warned Essendon to be vigilant over who it allows into its change rooms after concerns were raised about players’ associates.

It’s believed the Bombers were warned to be aware of associates of recently delisted Bomber Nick Hind, who is known to have a shared friendship group with teammate Jake Stringer.
It’s believed the associates regularly attend Essendon matches and were seen in the Bombers’ rooms more than once this season.
The AFL confirmed to the Herald Sun it had advised a club that friends of a player were not welcome in the club’s inner-sanctum, but would not confirm the club or the player.
The Bombers were warned about associates of [PLAYERCARD]Nick Hind[/PLAYERCARD] and [PLAYERCARD]Jake Stringer[/PLAYERCARD]. Picture: James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images

The Bombers were warned about associates of Nick Hind and Jake Stringer. Picture: James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty
The league did not disclose the reason the warning was issued.
The Bombers have been contacted for comment.
Stringer, 30, is reported to be in a stand-off with the Bombers and despite being contracted for another season, he is exploring a possible trade.
The Herald Sun understands that rival clubs are aware of the situation with Stringer, his friends and AFL Integrity.
After being linked to Collingwood in a possible trade, reports emerged that the Pies have cooled their interest in the dynamic forward.

Stringer’s future at Essendon is in doubt. Picture: Chadwick/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Stringer’s future at Essendon is in doubt.
Sydney is reported to the frontrunner if a Stringer trade plays out.
In an interview with the Herald Sun in May, Stringer said he began exploring Islam when he met a Muslim man at a sponsor’s barbecue in December last year.
The man invited Stringer to attend a mosque in Sunshine.
“I talk to him every day and see him most days since then,” Stringer said of the relationship.
“The guys there have been massive for me this year, just helping me to find a very good balance. Their brotherhood is amazing and it’s something I’ve loved from the moment I met them.’’
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/a767f7ad7595f28b78c77ac4ea304aef
The AFL stepping in to ban an associate of a player is rare. In 2013, Richmond’s Jake King was advised to not bring bikie underworld figure Toby Mitchell into the rooms after Mitchell was seen in the inner sanctum after the club’s round 20 win against the Brisbane Lions.
It prompted the Tigers to tell King the association was unacceptable.
Then-AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said King’s decision to invite Mitchell into the club’s rooms was “pretty stupid” and, separately, raised concerns about undesirable people
potentially “infiltrating” the code.
King tested Richmond’s patience when he was seen twice in public with the former bikie enforcer in the ensuing months.
Outgoing Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale conceded the club could not specifically ban King from associating with Mitchell.
“We’ve brought it to Jake’s attention that he should think long and hard about those sorts of friendships and connections and associations,’’ Gale said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was an awesome tweet by Dani.

Also as a side note interesting how Dani doesn't have any feelings for Wet Toast either considering a good chunk of her life was spent there

Saw Dani at the ground when we beat WCE last year. Seemed to have enjoyed the north win.

AFL Integrity warns Essendon over Nick Hind and Jake Stringer’s associates​

September 18, 2024 - 4:12PM
5e90f85ed2ea3ac61d1fa177d4715a32

AFL

It’s believed the Bombers were warned to be aware of associates of recently delisted Bomber Nick Hind, who is known to have a shared friendship group with teammate Jake Stringer.
It’s believed the associates regularly attend Essendon matches and were seen in the Bombers’ rooms more than once this season.
The AFL confirmed to the Herald Sun it had advised a club that friends of a player were not welcome in the club’s inner-sanctum, but would not confirm the club or the player.
The Bombers were warned about associates of Nick Hind and Jake Stringer. Picture: James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty Images

The Bombers were warned about associates of Nick Hind and Jake Stringer. Picture: James Elsby/AFL Photos via Getty
The league did not disclose the reason the warning was issued.
The Bombers have been contacted for comment.
Stringer, 30, is reported to be in a stand-off with the Bombers and despite being contracted for another season, he is exploring a possible trade.
The Herald Sun understands that rival clubs are aware of the situation with Stringer, his friends and AFL Integrity.
After being linked to Collingwood in a possible trade, reports emerged that the Pies have cooled their interest in the dynamic forward.

Stringer’s future at Essendon is in doubt. Picture: Chadwick/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Stringer’s future at Essendon is in doubt.
Sydney is reported to the frontrunner if a Stringer trade plays out.
In an interview with the Herald Sun in May, Stringer said he began exploring Islam when he met a Muslim man at a sponsor’s barbecue in December last year.
The man invited Stringer to attend a mosque in Sunshine.
“I talk to him every day and see him most days since then,” Stringer said of the relationship.
“The guys there have been massive for me this year, just helping me to find a very good balance. Their brotherhood is amazing and it’s something I’ve loved from the moment I met them.’’
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/a767f7ad7595f28b78c77ac4ea304aef
The AFL stepping in to ban an associate of a player is rare. In 2013, Richmond’s Jake King was advised to not bring bikie underworld figure Toby Mitchell into the rooms after Mitchell was seen in the inner sanctum after the club’s round 20 win against the Brisbane Lions.
It prompted the Tigers to tell King the association was unacceptable.
Then-AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said King’s decision to invite Mitchell into the club’s rooms was “pretty stupid” and, separately, raised concerns about undesirable people
potentially “infiltrating” the code.
King tested Richmond’s patience when he was seen twice in public with the former bikie enforcer in the ensuing months.
Outgoing Tigers chief executive Brendon Gale conceded the club could not specifically ban King from associating with Mitchell.
“We’ve brought it to Jake’s attention that he should think long and hard about those sorts of friendships and connections and associations,’’ Gale said.
Stringer and Hind grew up together in Maryborough. Bit of a rough, battler town but not really known as a biker stronghold.
Interesting

Also fwiw I know a relative of Hind and Nick wasn't a fan of Bard at all. To the point of genuine personal dislike

Stringer and Hind grew up together in Maryborough. Bit of a rough, battler town but not really known as a biker stronghold.
Interesting

Also fwiw I know a relative of Hind and Nick wasn't a fan of Bard at all. To the point of genuine personal dislike
Dunno.

Hind did spend some time growing up in Clunes where the bikies turned up in 1979 during the shooting of the Mad Max film.

Could that be the connection?

Dunno.

Hind did spend some time growing up in Clunes where the bikies turned up in 1979 during the shooting of the Mad Max film.

Could that be the connection?
His family used to run the pub in Clunes and they stepped back in temporarily, after the current owner's daughter was murdered.

He and Stringer don't really fit the look and temperament of those who normally hang out with bikies. More of a Dusty/Jake King thing.
It's interesting

Where did the biker thing come from?

The article refers to them hanging out with Muslims and going to a mosque in Sunshine. The implication is they're jihadis. But the reality is * has had good Muslim players and they moved on quickly to become guns at other clubs.

Maybe they needs Sheeds to discover Muhammad and make it all okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back