Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

I listen to the Rush Hour everyday and generally find it very entertaining, but I cringe everytime JB brings up Brad Scott and how he always has a million excuses lined up for him. It's pathetic how he keeps buying himself time and saying he has some mystery plan to fix everything when hardly any players have shown improvement since he took over.

I was genuinely shocked at how easily the Dons rolled over against us, I fully expected to win but as soon as the game got difficult they folded. It might not be all his fault, but it seems he's at the perfect club that's going to buy him a few more years because they are completely broken mentally.
JB is doing gods work now, the more people who can talk up Brad as being the saviour, the better.
The longer this goes on, the funnier it gets, have a look how many debutants he’s had in the last two years..

Last edited:
I listen to the Rush Hour everyday and generally find it very entertaining, but I cringe everytime JB brings up Brad Scott and how he always has a million excuses lined up for him. It's pathetic how he keeps buying himself time and saying he has some mystery plan to fix everything when hardly any players have shown improvement since he took over.

I was genuinely shocked at how easily the Dons rolled over against us, I fully expected to win but as soon as the game got difficult they folded. It might not be all his fault, but it seems he's at the perfect club that's going to buy him a few more years because they are completely broken mentally.
JB can’t admit he awash sucked in and BS is the most disappointing aspect of his tenure as president. Too much golfing and not enough oversight

How long goldy contracted for? They are literally in the middle of fu*ing no where. I can see Brad doubling down at seasons end with pressure mounting. Recruit a couple of C grade battlers in an attempt to win a final 😂
I've heard he has sounded out Sam Reid and Andrew Gaff

$850k is still a hell of a lot for a full back that can’t dispose of the ball.
He was always a great mark but can’t do anything afterwards. Turnover merchant in the worst part of the ground. He’s what 26 now? He ain’t going to improve, he’s gonna cost you a hell of a lot more games.

My guess you’ll get a new coach at the end of next year and McKay will be one of the first traded out for picks in a full rebuild.

I'm not disputing we overpaid for McKay, merely pointing out he isn't on 1.2m a year.

Go look at his draft thread on this board and you'll see me generally against the deal.

Essendon has for more holes than our supporter base dares to admit.

JB fickd us over by believing in that snake oil salesman.

I'm not disputing we overpaid for McKay, merely pointing out he isn't on 1.2m a year.

Go look at his draft thread on this board and you'll see me generally against the deal.

Essendon has for more holes than our supporter base dares to admit.
The bombres certainly have some holes, who do you think you should target for that fullback role?
can’t tell me anyone apart from Brad is going to persist with the madness, the guy will cost you finals in the long run.

The bombres certainly have some holes, who do you think you should target for that fullback role?
can’t tell me anyone apart from Brad is going to persist with the madness, the guy will cost you finals in the long run.

Our issue is our Fwdline.

Has been sicne Lloyd left.

Zero hardball gets in a quarter, against a team below you, reeks of more issues than just the forward line.

i agree with that, but i would rank our fwdline efficiency as worse.

We are still getting inside 50's - just doing **** all with them.

Was evident ever since we barely beat WCE in round 8. We completely dominated contested possession, clearances etc but simply can't score from it. Happened multiple times this year.

Our % tells the real story, and we stink.

Our issue is our Fwdline.

Has been sicne Lloyd left.

Woah woah hang on

you mean to say none of these guys solved it??

Jake Carlisle
Scott Gumbleton
Cale Hooker
Michael Hurley
Michael Still
Tayte Pears
Jay Neagle
Josh Jenkins
Stewart Crameri
Sean Gregory
Patty Ambrose
Shaun Edwards
Shaun McKernan
Kyle Langford
James Stewart
Mitch Brown
Aaron Francis
Jake Stringer
Noah Gown

Woah woah hang on

Jake Carlisle
Scott Gumbleton
Cale Hooker
Michael Hurley
Michael Still
Tayte Pears
Jay Neagle
Josh Jenkins
Stewart Crameri
Sean Gregory
Patty Ambrose
Shaun Edwards
Shaun McKernan
Kyle Langford
James Stewart
Mitch Brown
Aaron Francis
Jake Stringer
Noah Gown
you left out Bard, THE problem solver :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woah woah hang on

Jake Carlisle
Scott Gumbleton
Cale Hooker
Michael Hurley
Michael Still
Tayte Pears
Jay Neagle
Josh Jenkins
Stewart Crameri
Sean Gregory
Patty Ambrose
Shaun Edwards
Shaun McKernan
Kyle Langford
James Stewart
Mitch Brown
Aaron Francis
Jake Stringer
Noah Gown
You are right.

Woah woah hang on

Jake Carlisle
Scott Gumbleton
Cale Hooker
Michael Hurley
Michael Still
Tayte Pears
Jay Neagle
Josh Jenkins
Stewart Crameri
Sean Gregory
Patty Ambrose
Shaun Edwards
Shaun McKernan
Kyle Langford
James Stewart
Mitch Brown
Aaron Francis
Jake Stringer
Noah Gown

SAM WIEDEMAN !

Their issues are “mediocrity” and hanging around the middle of the ladder and not being able to recruit A grade talent.

The reason they cant recruit A grade talent is for multiple reasons, one massive issue is they are located at the airport, arguably the biggest shit hole in melbourne.

Their second current issue is they have a coach who has no ****ing idea, in for the long haul.

And this goes for anyone on the locate North to the northern suburbs. **** that shit hole. No thanks

LOL YA FORWARD LINE? Your clubs issues are the backline and no half decent competitive midfielders.

Your club is missing 2 x midfield players and 2x KPD’s.

This guy aint it.. hahaha

yeah but you finished bottom 2 5 x in a row :)

not even we can accomplish that!

yeah but you finished bottom 2 5 x in a row :)

not even we can accomplish that!
If ya not first, ya last. It dont matter. You slurp up that mediocrity. You come here talking smack and being a righteous clown.. now you come here trying to save face, you’re a **** wit and your club is shit. No finals for you after sitting second and the afl media talking up a big 4 finals series. You would have lapped that up, wouldn’t you?

I was having a pretty rough day today. A lot of shit happened that wouldn't if more people cared about others. HOWEVER, I randomly decided to check the ladder and saw that Essendon are six points out of the 8 when I thought they were only four. It gave me a similar feeling to the one you get when you unexpectedly find a $50 note in your pocket and it made me smile. Thanks Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - 4 Sept 2024 marks 20 years since *Essendon have won a final; Coached by the anti “RESULTIST”, RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back