T20I T20 World Cup Game 4 Sri Lanka v South Africa, June 4 2400hrs @ Nassau County International Cricket Stadium New York

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sri Lanka from, Wanindu Hasaranga (c), Charith Asalanka, Kusal Mendis, Pathum Nissanka, Kamindu Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Dhananjaya De Silva, Maheesh Theekshana, Dunith Wellalage, Dushmantha Chameera, Nuwan Thushara, Matheesha Pathirana, Dilshan Madushanka. Travelling Reserves: Asitha Fernando, Vijayakanth Viyaskanth, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Janith Liyanage.
South Africa from, Aiden Markram (c), Ottniel Baartman, Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de Kock, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, David Miller, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Ryan Rickelton, Tabraiz Shamsi, Tristan Stubbs

Game 4 from New York:

Teams:

Sri Lanka
(Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Kamindu Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga(c), Maheesh Theekshana, Matheesha Pathirana, Nuwan Thushara

South Africa (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Reeza Hendricks, Aiden Markram(c), Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Ottneil Baartman

Sri Lanka won toss and elected to bat 1st

Good start for SA. Gotta feel for SL, how did they fall so far so quickly across all formats? I mean, I know how, but still its very sad :(

I'd say their bowling could redeem it but we're in NY and it's an Adelaide curated pitch so I doubt the spinners will be of value here.

Is Jomboy featuring more heavily on the Willow Stream? I happen to be in a non-televised/streamed country today so using the ICC stream, and they are using him like a Boundary Rider and he's provided zero value.

Maharaj on a hat trick, Sri Lanka struggling to handle spin as well as pace.

Is Jomboy featuring more heavily on the Willow Stream? I happen to be in a non-televised/streamed country today so using the ICC stream, and they are using him like a Boundary Rider and he's provided zero value.

He's featuring on the Amazon Prime stream that I'm watching and he doesn't offer much or seem to know much about cricket.

Curious question if you were a cricketer at this years world cup, would you rather be based in America or the Caribbean Islands for the group stage games?
Caribbean is probably closer to conditions for SEA - it's basically the dustiness without the Stewie Dew?

America is a wildcard but with New York, Adelaide Oval groundskeepers would probably help the teams that regularly play over here like SA/Pakistan.

With that wicket, gotta be looking at a sub-12 over win here for SA.

Sri Lanka slumping to 40/5 after 10 overs, hard to see them getting a competitive total from that position.

Curious question if you were a cricketer at this years world cup, would you rather be based in America or the Caribbean Islands for the group stage games?

I think I would rather be in the Caribbean, at least they have proper cricket grounds there and locals that care about cricket.

Sri Lanka slumping to 40/5 after 10 overs, hard to see them getting a competitive total from that position.

I think I would rather be in the Caribbean, at least they have proper cricket grounds there and locals that care about cricket.
AO Groundskeeper is the head of the NY team - I think it's unfair to say they don't care.

Caribbean is probably closer to conditions for SEA - it's basically the dustiness without the Stewie Dew?

America is a wildcard but with New York, Adelaide Oval groundskeepers would probably help the teams that regularly play over here like SA/Pakistan.

With that wicket, gotta be looking at a sub-12 over win here for SA.
I was thinking more which country would be better outside the cricketing perspective.

For me having been to New York before, Id rather that, than with all due respect to the Caribbean nations. Just think New York and travelling around America you would have more to keep you on mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I'm all for way more bowler friendly wickets in T20 but this is perhaps taking it slightly further than I meant...

Both extremes are awful to watch. 200 plus games are just as boring

Look I'm all for way more bowler friendly wickets in T20 but this is perhaps taking it slightly further than I meant...

It was always going to happen Windies wickets in all formats are extremely slow and hard to score on... Its why Australia legit have zero chance of doing anything in this tournament once they have to play the good sides.

It was always going to happen Windies wickets in all formats are extremely slow and hard to score on... Its why Australia legit have zero chance of doing anything in this tournament once they have to play the good sides.

Actually sort of why I am in favour of playing an Inglis type in that middle order as a safety blanket.

Warner will be lucky to average 7 with a strike rate of 70.

Weirdly more confident on Warner as he has played in the ipl and shown he can actually anchor in t20. Head will barely get a run if the pitches are that slow, and I don't like Stoinis/David's chances. Wonder if we have to play Green.

The other thing will be and I know this goes against the selectors, do we need a second front line spinner, does Agar come in?

Agreed, I would have picked Smith personally and opened with him.

Na can't agree, Smith was that bad internationally in t20 not sure I would have. Look it probably depends on conditions, but picking too many sloggers isn't going to end well this WC, it's why weirdly I feel watch a side like Pakistan do really well.

It's legit a week almost until we see the first two decent games Australia v England and India v Pakistan... not a fan of this tournament, too many minnow matchups.

Remove this Banner Ad

T20I T20 World Cup Game 4 Sri Lanka v South Africa, June 4 2400hrs @ Nassau County International Cricket Stadium New York

Back