T20 World Cup Game 54 2nd Semi Final India v England June 28 2400hrs @ Providence Stadium Guyana

Who will win?

• India

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

India from, Rohit Sharma (c), Hardik Pandya, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Siraj. Reserves: Shubman Gill, Rinku Singh, Khaleel Ahmed, Avesh Khan
England from, Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonathan Bairstow, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Ben Duckett, Tom Hartley, Will Jacks, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, Mark Wood

I love watching India try and fail to win ICC events and I despise the push out of India for franchise cricket to rule the world.

My issues with England are to do with their test side and the hollier than thou hypocrites in charge of their test side.

So, I hope England win their semi final against India but that South Africa go on and win the tournament.

Last edited:

Apparently if India got through to the semis they were always going to play this one in Guyana to meet the Indian evening TV audience.

The other semi in Trinidad has a reserve day...this one doesn't.

It's rainy season in Guyana, 23 heavy days of rain in June on average, the forecast is bleak, if the day is a washout India go through.

How can one semi have a reserve day and the other not, especially when that one is the one likely to suffer rain.

This is the kind of rubbish that the ICC serve up.

Whoever wins this wins the whole thing you'd think.

South Africa need to get past Afghanistan obviously which I don’t they will but they haven’t lost a game and played on some rubbish pitches. Defended sub 115 twice and chased two low targets on crap pitches. You have to put them 2nd favourites behind India imo.

How can one semi have a reserve day and the other not, especially when that one is the one likely to suffer rain.
Apparently because there is no enough time between a possible reserve day and the final.
The Afg v Rsa game is played on a Wednesday, and Ind v Eng is played on a Thursday.
The reserve day for the Ind v Eng game would then be Friday with the final on Saturday.
Hence they have given more time on this game rather than adding a reserve day

Apparently because there is no enough time between a possible reserve day and the final.
The Afg v Rsa game is played on a Wednesday, and Ind v Eng is played on a Thursday.
The reserve day for the Ind v Eng game would then be Friday with the final on Saturday.
I think they have from 10:30am to around 7pm to complete the match with a minimum of 10 overs instead of 5 required.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I understand that but in the original planning they should have given time for a reserve day with both. Anyway looks like there's no issue now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10:05 Local Time, 14:05 GMT, 19:35 IST: More updates from Vijay Tagore. 'Groundsmen are coming out, covers may be coming off in a few minutes'. Dravid is out assessing the conditions and he has a few words with Paul Reiffel, the 4th umpire for the game. The groundstaff are out in numbers now, they could start to remove the covers

I wont lie, it would be funny if England are knocked out because there's no play today. Would hate it if it were us.

Well they did win a World Cup on a boundary count lol

10:30 Local Time, 14:30 GMT, 20:00 IST: The drizzle has stopped and groundsmen are coming out, informs Vijay Tagore. Covers are coming off and the sun is out too. Can see Virat Kohli sauntering out for warm-ups, looks very bright and sunny on TV

Was looking forward to this match but it's getting too late now

10:45 Local Time, 14:45 GMT, 20:15 IST: Rohit has come out to have a look at the pitch. The players have started their warm-ups and the bowlers have started marking their run-ups. It looks all positive at the moment with the inspection postponed to 11:15 am

Remove this Banner Ad

T20 World Cup Game 54 2nd Semi Final India v England June 28 2400hrs @ Providence Stadium Guyana

Back