Tac Cup 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the updates eaglesforpremiers.

thought about coming out for Eastern/Gippy this arvo myself, but wussed it so I could catch the Essendon game (yeah, that worked out well...)

Mighty effort by the Bushies yesterday to roll Gippy by a few points. I was told they had 5 1st game players and probably 13 of their best 18 not playing due to various commitments. Gippy was a down a few prime movers as well to be fair. Overall the kids cracked in pretty well and the game was entertaining.

As for the Falcons, heaven help any tagger in the U18 Champs who has to run with Lewis Taylor. The kid is the Everready bunny. Wind him up and off he goes. I'd love to see his GPS figures.

Both games at Windyburn were pretty good yesterday. Even the wind was subdued at times and the sun was out. Nice to see some of the lesser lights step up from the shadows of the better players who were absent.

How did Bourke go in his first game back?

he was pretty quite from what I saw, he had a few touches and kicked a goal, but didn't have much of an impact on the game imo.

a few of the other players

Lewis Taylor - was good through the midfield, has good footy smarts and is efficient with his ball use.

Darcy Gardiner - took a few strong marks and showed his versatility playing back and forward. He's got a bit of aggression, which is what you love to see in a KPP.

Merrick Buchanan - played in the forward pocket and kicked 3 second half goals.

Isaiah Miller - played across half back and also took the kick outs for Bendigo. He always seems to have a lot time and space when he has the ball, his composure, decision making and kicking skills are all very good, he also kicked great goal (a goal of the year contender).

Jacob Chisari and Sam Heavyside were also busy through the midfield.

Murray Bushrangers v Gippsland Power

Jake Sharp - won a lot of the ball across half back and through the midfield. Reads the play well, links up well around the ground and doesn't waste many of his possessions.

Bryden Squire - showed his versatility by playing through the midfield up forward and down back. He links up well around the ground, has neat skills and kicked 2 good goals.

Josh Scott - Was the focal point up forward for GP. He kicked 4 goals, 3 behinds and would of taken over 10 marks for the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tac Cup 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back