Talk Back Radio - where are the doggie supporters/members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading through the thread on Gia and the member who gave him a serve on Radio - makes me wonder why Bulldogs supporters members don't seem to ring up as much as the other club members?

An example, last year I was listening to SEN after Darcy announced his retirement - he came on and they asked WB supporters to ring in and speak to him - I was driving to work and was running late so didn't think I had time to ring and was sure others would. I was so disappointed that not one WB supporter rang in to say thanks to him for the fantastic career that he had with the WB. In the end I pulled over and rang as he was leaving the building - I passed on a message saying thank you and that I would never forget the fantastic game he played against Adelaide in 2005 when he kicked 5 goals - oh what could have been.:(

It concerns me for two reasons, first we appear apathetic and passionless, and secondly, potential sponsors would believe we don't exist.

What does everyone else think?

To say that supporters are passionless merely because they do not ring radio stations is a bit harsh. I can imagine that the process to ring the station would include a period of waiting on hold, which is time that many people would not have during the day. Bigger clubs are always going to have a greater presence on the radio, merely because it's more probable that a supporter would ring up.

To say that supporters are passionless merely because they do not ring radio stations is a bit harsh. I can imagine that the process to ring the station would include a period of waiting on hold, which is time that many people would not have during the day. Bigger clubs are always going to have a greater presence on the radio, merely because it's more probably that a supporter would ring up.

Good point, I for one refuse to call radio stations becuase of the wait, but this dose not make me less of a supporter/member than the next guy. I prefer to send a text msg and hope that they read it out.

Sad to here that about Darc in his final game, had he been on Triple MMM I certainly would have passed on a msg of thanks.

Not every body listens to SEN and we don't have a big supporter base like Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon do.

Yes it would have been disapointing for Darcy which brings me to my next point.

We are not as vocal and opinionated as other team supporters are :(

It's adding up. First we see that no-one who supports the dogs plays Supercoach and now we don't ring SEN. sounds small but it's beginning to sound like we just don't have the numbers

I used to be a regular caller to "The Good Sports" program on Sports 927.

It was a really fun show hosted by Sam Kekovich and Brian Taylor, back in the mid 90s.

I called myself Scragger and always spoke about anything "Bulldogs".

Won the odd prize as well; the good old Bertocchi smallgoods from memory.

Tried calling SEN a few times from Japan, but for some reason they did`nt believe I was in Japan. The guy said "so you reckon you`re in Japan do ya?"

Stuff `em they can speak to losers like Billy from Heidelberg.

I used to be a regular caller to "The Good Sports" program on Sports 927.

It was a really fun show hosted by Sam Kekovich and Brian Taylor, back in the mid 90s.

I called myself Scragger and always spoke about anything "Bulldogs".

Won the odd prize as well; the good old Bertocchi smallgoods from memory.

Tried calling SEN a few times from Japan, but for some reason they did`nt believe I was in Japan. The guy said "so you reckon you`re in Japan do ya?"

Stuff `em they can speak to losers like Billy from Heidelberg.

That's pretty slack on their part. They've got calls from a guy in England and i think i've heard someone in Asia somewhere call so it's not that unbelievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

got the good sense not to bother ringing talk back tripe on the footy stations. Blimey Billy from Heidelberg Ray from Werribee some bloke called Tiger time on sen got a common theme who those ____nuckles follow:eek:Anybody notice as soon as the big 4 win a game they all fall out of their trees and bombard sen:rolleyes:

I'm always walking back to the car and driving home from the game. Most callers talk crap or get cut off my commentators if they make too much sense anyway. Would rather post on forums where you can get your whole opinion across and get feedback (good or bad ) from people who care.

I'm always walking back to the car and driving home from the game. Most callers talk crap or get cut off my commentators if they make too much sense anyway. Would rather post on forums where you can get your whole opinion across and get feedback (good or bad ) from people who care.

Does that mean you don't hear the Barwon Bulldogs sing the song on 3AW? Its the only time I only listen to AW as I can't stand Rex Hunt.

Just check out the main board on this web site. The representation of Bulldog related threads and participation by Bulldog posters is small compared to the big four and major interstate teams. Same goes with talk back radio.

Doesn't mean we don't have as much passion as other supporters. I'd actually love to know the stats on what percentage of people who support or barrack for the Dogs sign up for memberships compared to other sides in the competition.

Just check out the main board on this web site. The representation of Bulldog related threads and participation by Bulldog posters is small compared to the big four and major interstate teams. Same goes with talk back radio.

Doesn't mean we don't have as much passion as other supporters. I'd actually love to know the stats on what percentage of people who support or barrack for the Dogs sign up for memberships compared to other sides in the competition.

There was a survey a year or so ago and I'm pretty sure we were top or near to it for memberships v barrackers.

Re the main board, just shows we prefer to hang out with classy people.
:p

Just check out the main board on this web site. The representation of Bulldog related threads and participation by Bulldog posters is small compared to the big four and major interstate teams.

However we have the 3rd highest number of posts of any team board.

The main board is basically 10 people arguing the same shit every week with idiots chiming in every now and again.

However we have the 3rd highest number of posts of any team board.

The main board is basically 10 people arguing the same shit every week with idiots chiming in every now and again.

Must admit I'm one of those idiots, but the standard really is ordinary on the main board. If I ever see another thread about Tambling v Franklin I'll spew up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk Back Radio - where are the doggie supporters/members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back