Opinion Tanking. The elephant that isn't going away

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really sure where he cried.

What he said was spot on and applies to everyone.
He is traumatised that the mighty North Melbourne will have access to Harley Reid.

Until Hawthorn show him some $$$ in a few years when they start challenging again while North are in the bottom 4.

Good on Eagles for winning and not tanking.

Coming from a Blues supporter, tanking rots away your culture and takes years (sorry decades) to wash away that stain on clubs soul.

Absolutely no player is worth jeopardizing the culture of your club.

Tanking for a pick is a poison challis.

Thing is Harley Reid would’ve been a star at the Eagles.

At North he probably follows the same trajectory as Will Phillips.

North were always going to ruin some kids dream this year, it’s just a shame it’ll be the best kid.
How long before we should post a Harley Reid speculation thread on the D&T board?

I would imagine that Adam Simpson will now face disciplinary action for overseeing this disaster.

I am being facetious obviously, but seriously, what did they have to gain from winning this match?

The club has essentially given away a once in a generation type player (or someone they could have traded out for multiple first rounds picks) for nothing

Brisbane won the last game of the season in 1998 and cost themselves a priority pick and only managed to win three flags in the next five years. For some reason clubs still thought it was worth tanking throughout the '00s to great cost to themselves and the competition. Why anyone would expect us to do the same beggars belief.

These highly-touted players often don't even end up being the best player in the draft, let alone generational talents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for the Eagles and Adam Simpson. Seemed like the playing group was playing for his coaching job, which I thought was great to see. Gonna be harder to sack him now, which may be good or bad depending on your view. Was a good spirited win in an otherwise horrible season so was good to see. The Dogs on the other hand....

Tanking for picks is overrated anyway. How many teams have actually benefitted from doing it?

Good on Eagles for winning and not tanking.

Coming from a Blues supporter, tanking rots away your culture and takes years (sorry decades) to wash away that stain on clubs soul.

Absolutely no player is worth jeopardizing the culture of your club.

Tanking for a pick is a poison challis.

No it doesn't. Hawks did it, Eagles did, Collingwood did it and won flags post. Missing with the draft picks is what ruins you. If Melbourne had taken Martin instead of Scully or you had taken Cotchin, Pendlebury and Selwood, I doubt you'd be lamenting your choices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Tanking. The elephant that isn't going away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back