Tarrant for Ottens

Remove this Banner Ad

Lonie_from_50 said:
OKAY,

Let's get this straight! guess_who has just come up with a trade IDEA, and you think it is a rumour. He never said that Ottens wants to leave, He never said that Tarrant wanted to leave.

And....

I am sick of this Collingwood board, We are all passionate Collingwood fans, yet I once again base a theory of some users. How many of you people bloody go to the football every week? How many people watch more than 1 match of AFL Football a week? Because when it somes down to when people who put their opinions down, the only ones that are worthy, are from people who actually answer yes to the following questions.

Chris Tarrant is a star, great overhead and contested mark, strong, quick, fit, perfect build for a footballer, finds the ball, kicks goals, needs to imrove his kicking, All-Australian, Club Leading Goalkicker for 4 consecutive years and still going. He is not for sale!!!

Brad Ottens, okay, This injured of late footballer is just as good as Chris Tarrant. Have any of you watched him play this year more than 5 games? I have watched every game he has played this season, so I think I am capable enough to tell you how good he is. He can play as a Key Position Forward, but when in Ruck he is dominant, and when he goes forward he is hard to match up on. He has commitment, courage and has leadership qualities at the Tigers and is loyal to the club. Was picked up at No.2 in the 1997 National Draft, so he has been quality since junior level, He was All-Australian in 2001 at the age of 21.

Thank you. A sensible post at last.

itsintheblood said:
You should. Just like you wanted didak ahead of nick stevens.
Actaully we wanted both, we stuff around and made a crap deal, and got nothng.

But, we aren't going to miss not having Ottens, you can keep him, but you could take McKee back....and also take Kinnear.

Tarrant's problem is that he leads 60m from the goals, and he's FULL FORWARD ffs! Leaving no-one to kick to. Anyway he wants to go to Sydney, Ottens (if fit) for Tarrant would be a decent trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Tarrant is a star, great overhead and contested mark, strong, quick, fit, perfect build for a footballer, finds the ball, kicks goals, needs to imrove his kicking, All-Australian, Club Leading Goalkicker for 4 consecutive years and still going.
Right, great, except that he leads out just a bit too far and has to kick from the hardest spots because there's no-one else to kick to at full forward.

Brad Ottens, okay, This injured of late footballer is just as good as Chris Tarrant. Have any of you watched him play this year more than 5 games? I have watched every game he has played this season, so I think I am capable enough to tell you how good he is. He can play as a Key Position Forward, but when in Ruck he is dominant, and when he goes forward he is hard to match up on. He has commitment, courage and has leadership qualities at the Tigers and is loyal to the club. Was picked up at No.2 in the 1997 National Draft, so he has been quality since junior level, He was All-Australian in 2001 at the age of 21.

Exactly.

Nuff zed.

Hot_Pies said:
Right, great, except that he leads out just a bit too far and has to kick from the hardest spots because there's no-one else to kick to at full forward.

and that is a reason to criticise the player? u dont think that may have more to do with the gameplan? or the fact that theres no options up the ground and tarrant leads up the ground to compensate.

He was doing the same last year, and got us to a grand final doing so... didnt see anyone complaining then????

funny how the tides turn after a bad season. True colours come out.

eddiesmith said:
Anyone who thinks Ottens is a fair trade for anyone has no clue. Picks 1 and 4 would be the minimum from tigers for Taz

So you think that an injury prone, mentally soft player who is a also a undisciplined ********** head is worth picks 1 and 4?

Or is this just one of your joke posts? (to be honest I can't work out what posts are serious on your board)

I think Ottens for Tarrant would be a fair trade (although just like you blokes wouldn't want Otten, I wouldn't really want Tarrant if he was going to be disruptive to the team)

Don't worry about Ottens.

We have to work out a trade for Rhyce Shaw! After all, their new coach said publicly on the radio last night that he wants him at B*tchmond next year. Ha! :D

Trade him for a six pack? What say you Tiger ferals?

NICK THE PIE MAN said:

We have to work out a trade for Rhyce Shaw! After all, their new coach said publicly on the radio last night that he wants him at B*tchmond next year. Ha! :D

Trade him for a six pack? What say you Tiger ferals?

I think we will wait until you delist Jason Cloke in a couple of years when his name finally stops earning him a spot in your side,

Shaw did a couple of ok tagging jobs and he has a bit of pace i guess, I wouldn't really want him but if we picked him up for not much it wouldn't upset me that much. It would be a shame to breakup another dud family group at collingwood though.

NaDeR, true mate, true. It is to do with gameplay, and Tarrant is a sensational player. Problem is, it might have worked last season, it didn't work this season, and things obviously have to change in some way. If Rocca wasn't out with an ankle injury there'd be someone to kick to, and the forward line suddenly becomes fantastic, but you can't rely on one big man staying at full foward while Tarrant leads out that's all. Tarrant is a gun, but I think big changes are going to be made.

True colours come out? I'm just trying to assess how Collingwood can deal with a disappointing season ffs. We didn't end in the bottom 5 due to bad luck on its own did we?
Part of being a club supporter is being able to recognise where you have faults, instead of brushing off a bad season as some random piece of bad luck, for which no-one is responsible.

Grinspoon, I AM a Pies fan, always have been and always will be,
ottens is steve mckee junior if you ask me.
Well nobody did, did they.

blaisee:
I know Shaw for Ottens
Mate, if Collingwood could trick Richmond into doing that, that would be brilliant ;)
Maybe it would be a bit of a tough ask, like offering some salesmen 30% of the retail price :p

NICK THE PIE MAN said:

True mate, we really do need to work out a trade for Shaw!!!

My word there are some one eyed pies people in here, the kinda people that give our club a bad reputation. Anyone that honestly thinks that Tazz is as good as Ottens is either ignorant as all hell or just one eyed, but in one word ridiculous. Ottens was never gonna come but he is one of the games absolute superstars, tazza is a gun but he isnt Ottens. Ottens is prob the leagues 3rd best ruckman, and a top 5 forward and not to mention an amazing leader.

brentoncowell said:
My word there are some one eyed pies people in here, the kinda people that give our club a bad reputation. Anyone that honestly thinks that Tazz is as good as Ottens is either ignorant as all hell or just one eyed, but in one word ridiculous. Ottens was never gonna come but he is one of the games absolute superstars, tazza is a gun but he isnt Ottens. Ottens is prob the leagues 3rd best ruckman, and a top 5 forward and not to mention an amazing leader.

ROFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant for Ottens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back