Strategy TARYN THOMAS- ..would ya?

Taryn Thomas- would ya?

• Yes

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 68.4%
  • Would support a Club appraisal of his character.

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No No No GIF

Does he know Mansell well? He would be a year older, right? They both played for North Launceston and went to St Patrick's.
I think that they may be cousins

I’m not across every detail with what he was charged with and exactly how it all played out.
If someone can correct me.

Had history of getting into social media spats and having a go back at trolls saying dumb tough guy sh.t
He threatened his ex-girlfriend with distribution of nudes was fined by a magistrate and sanctioned by the club and warned not to do it again.
After that he then got into another social media fight with the same person and threatened her with violence.

?

Well with 70% of votes going no I guess it’s pretty clear after having the poll up for an hr and a half that he’s pretty polarising and that’d probably be the case in the playing group.
Might not be about culture of the environment for Thomas, might just need to go and show some maturity for however long like a Stengle did with a year in the SANFL to earn some respect.

The issue for Thomas is that he was accused of engaging in harmful behaviour towards women, so you’d have to get the both the male and female playing cohort and staff to be comfortable having him in the environment. As opposed to stengle who was caught with cocaine which is no big deal, given how the afl conducts the drug testing and his behaviour was only harmful to himself.

The police charges were dropped though so the only thing he is guilty of is breaching the AFL code of conduct, De Goey and others have been accused/charged with worse and remained in the AFL. Thomas is still a very good young player, I think he is worth the squeeze as long as he is willing to buy in to what Richmond expects.

Look if we wanted a troublemaker at our club we would have kept Sydney Stack who is a much better player than TT in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a history of getting some players with some question marks, Cousins, Pickett, Yarran & Stack. (As you see two of them will go down as fails)

You would want a good enquiry into his behavior & get full facts before anything you even considered him.

I know Geelong is apparently linked to him & maybe part of me wants us to steal Thomas from them.

But in all honesty, this is one we should let go to the keeper, at this stage of our list build he is too big of a risk in terms of not only having him around our club, but he will cost a lot in terms of salary obviously pick wise he cost nothing, but he is still going to want to be paid.

I would rather us go after & save the money for a key forward in the next couple & midfielder that has not queries.
We have bigger needs than a player like Thomas.

No worries Mackie: life of serial threatener of women and all round shit bloke has been "a little bumpy".

"At times if you want to be in the market for players that are really talented and have that skill set, often if they become available to you, it means that something has been a little bit bumpy for them along the way," Mackie said on SEN Radio.

what did he exactly do? up here in QLD we don't get news about much. I know it was grubby, but not the details

Of course Geelong would take him. They have a history of playing despicable human beings. Stevie J, Paul Chapman, Matthew Stokes, Jesse Stringer, Gaz Sr...

Just to be clear…my view is violence isn’t acceptable.
My OP is about what is happening and this forum is a place where people can rant, melt give their views etc.
It’s a topic for discussion.
For some it’s not necessary to have a discussion, the behaviour is beyond redeemable or forgivable and that is equally as valid as another who’s view is different.
I’m not trying to talk anyone around but I will say

It’s been reported in the press that This bloke has hospitalised a woman and threatened numerous women with violence.
Don’t want him anywhere near the place.
We have a player where it was reported in the press that he had threatened to stab a woman in the eye with chopsticks.
He needs to be in programs and education and commit to bettering himself without the AFL involvement.
The AFL gave him an 18 match suspension and was asked to complete a behaviour programme at his cost and then he would be eligible for selection to play in the AFL.
He could play in other leagues.
North tore up his contract.

Allegations have been made over the years but he has only ever been found guilty infront at a magistrate court for threatening to distribute nude photos, threatening text messages and driving while suspended.
He’s been fined $1000 and forced to undergo a behaviour program.

Anything and everything else is an allegation.
He most likely will be playing in the AFL again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy TARYN THOMAS- ..would ya?

Back