Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep coming back to the idea of a simple upside-down triangle to represent the shape of the island. Was playing around with ideas to add some yellow, including a T in the middle of the triangle, but couldn't beat this simple idea.

1683251955096.png

lake81.

I copied your portfolio and pasted it on Paint and deleted all except the top logo.

Then I cropped it to try and make both sides equal and non overbearing.

How is it?

1683260378055.png

Why are we naming this club Tasmania? Sydney didn't name themselves New South Wales? They need to name the club after the city they play out of which is Hobart, the most populated city in Tasmania. Plus, it's possible that northern Tasmania could get a club at some stage and Hawthorn will continue to play out of Launceston therefore will still have support from the locals and it's best to build up the rivalry!

Tassie is a unique state in terms of size, it's only 68k square kilometres. Vic is the smallest mainland state and Tassie is 1/3 of the size. You compare it to NSW, Tassie is less than 1/10th of the size. The club will naturally draw people from all around the state as it's not a long trip to get to Hobart, and they will most likely play a few games in Launceston too.

That's not going to be the case in any other state in Australia. So they are Tasmania, they represent the whole state. The want and need all of the support.

Concept below.

Again, credit to Zoops and Bunk Moreland for both guernsey and logo designs that have been combined below:

View attachment 1677374
I like this, but it is very Central Districts in the 1970-80s

Screenshot_20230505-152340.png

I would really love to see someone take that green, maroon and gold that has some photo shop skill and see what this would look like? Actually embedding a T for Tasmania into the design would give the design some relevance.
Screenshot_20230505-152209.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the designs on this board legends. My concept below was to turn the Tasmania map into a sporting shield / emblem.

View attachment 1679465
See, the best part about the shield is it could double as a thylacine head.

Not sure it works in the top left as a shield with such a realistic devil logo, but standalone it could work as a Wolverhampton-style logo. Just needs eyes.

I really think calling them the 'Islanders' but incorporating a Devil in the logo could be best of both worlds, and would work really well.regardless of the whole Warner Bros dilemma ( even though it's just a media beat up)

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

Back