Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

The tri-panel is a strong design but I'd be leaning more towards a Paris Saint Germain vibe. Ie. Thinner tertiary colour between the panels. Clash has to be yellow or white. The shade of red is far too dark for a clash if the home jumper is green.

The tri-panel is a strong design but I'd be leaning more towards a Paris Saint Germain vibe. Ie. Thinner tertiary colour between the panels. Clash has to be yellow or white. The shade of red is far too dark for a clash if the home jumper is green.

Yep Paris have a great design I'd love to see that used for an AFL team.

A few points.

1: Traditional designs really make sense for a new team because vertical stripes, tri-panels, vees and sashes etc look sooo good when they're chopped up by sponsors.

2: I really like the Tasmanian state jumper. It's very appropriate for a league that is supposed to be separate from State of Origin. Problem is that map and big T combo is not literal enough. I need something that spells out it's a Tassie team...

tasjumper2.png

3: Seriously now, there has to be middle ground between same-old-boring-designs and the big ol' logo/mascot on the front.

tasjumper3b.png

A few points.

1: Traditional designs really make sense for a new team because vertical stripes, tri-panels, vees and sashes etc look sooo good when they're chopped up by sponsors.

2: I really like the Tasmanian state jumper. It's very appropriate for a league that is supposed to be separate from State of Origin. Problem is that map and big T combo is not literal enough. I need something that spells out it's a Tassie team...

View attachment 1682991

3: Seriously now, there has to be middle ground between same-old-boring-designs and the big ol' logo/mascot on the front.

View attachment 1682990
Don't mind #2 but I'd probably fill the white as green. Love the thought behind #3 though I'd use yellow personally (I understand why you'd use the red). Nice work with the sponsor ;)

Apologies for the potato quality (and blue lines...) but I'm using Paint for this one (I miss Illustrator :cry: )

I've taken a different direction to the concepts above by going down a more traditional footy jumper route. When looking at images of Tasmanian devils I noticed most of them had a distinctive white marking on the chest, similar to a chevron. The design below is effectively the 1992-1996 Brisbane Bears jumper in Tasmania colours but this design would be unique in today's AFL while taking inspiration from the animal the team takes their name from. A yellow clash is obvious but I think a white jumper with a green chevron would be a smart option that avoids yellow on yellow against West Coast, Hawthorn and Richmond (the green of Tasmania wouldn't clash with West Coast or Richmond but it wouldn't be an effective contrast either).

1683632861986.png

US24MOUM2NFY5HC6GFF7H2HUZY.JPG

It doesn't matter about the land size as it does the population?

Tasmania is bigger than Sydney in land mass? But Sydney does dwarf Tasmania in population 5.5mil to 600000!

Hobart homes over half the Tasmanian population and deserves to have the first club named after a city with such history and it gives people world wide a location where the club is based? Launceston is 200k away? They're not going to support a Hobart based club, don't think that they will. lol!

I live on the Gold Coast! 10 minutes from Carrara Stadium, 10 years ago the Gold Coast was granted the 17th AFL licence! And I lived through this so I know what I'm talking about!

AFL supporters didn't stop barracking for their original AFL clubs? And haven't embraced the Gold Coast club as their own. There's no incentive to do so? We ignore the Suns if anything? I couldn't tell you who their captain is or who their best players are! But I can recall every detail of the Essendon Football Clubs history.

Every game is shown on television so you still support your AFL club and go to Gold Coast stadium when your AFL club is playing there. You consider travelling, and this is only a consideration because it's shown on television anyway, going to Brisbane, which is only 40 minutes aways? Some Melbourne suburbs are further away from the MCG and Docklands than the Gold Coast is from Brisbane! Launceston is 2 hours away from Hobart? If people from the Gold Coast don't travel to Brisbane then no one will be prepared to travel further every second week? haha!

You need the support of the Hobart locals! Tap into their footballing community! I cannot stress this point enough! I've seen first hand am expansion club come to live and fail because they don't know what they're doing, from club colours to theme song, to jumper design to access to the stadium.

Hobart locals will make up the base supporters group. Your members. They will turn up every week because it's their team! You overlook this and you risk isolating the club to irrelevance? 300000 population and you need close to 30000 supporters to turn up every second week. You'll get that if you call the first Tasmanian club Hobart,

Plus no other club is named after a state?

York Park in Launceston could hold 18000 and if they could increase their stadium capacity to 28000 they would become a viable AFL commodity. To get a Tasmanian rivalry would increase the footballing talent from Tasmania and spark interest in the league much like every other state. You'll notice that they all have 2 clubs playing out of them!

There's no reason that Tasmania won't eventually have 2 clubs as well!
Your use of question marks is questionable

Surely this is as obvious as the nickname will be. Tassie Devils, with a big T and sporting a primary colour of green with perhaps white/beige secondary. It’s traditional, simple but effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope they steer clear of chevrons or yokes.
We already have 4 teams use them for their home jumper and another as a clash.
I'm right behind the single red and yellow vertical stripe, either centered or off centre

Dear AFL,

Please get in touch with some of the people in this thread in regard to designing the Tasmania teams kits. Some of the work on here is ridiculously good. Pick the best of the best and let the Tasmanian public vote on the final design.

Thank you in advance.

They look good, but can people please update the T, it's looks like 1980s times new roman font. Gotta have a much cooler looking T surely.

Dear AFL,

Please get in touch with some of the people in this thread in regard to designing the Tasmania teams kits. Some of the work on here is ridiculously good. Pick the best of the best and let the Tasmanian public vote on the final design.

Thank you in advance.
Please send this to AFL and have everyone here sign it

Like to see them have green, red, yellow, white, black jumpers… you name it. Really lean into a wide range of colours and rotate them over a few years. As soon as they get the fixture they’ll know who they’re away too, so can plan to wear a range of away jumpers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

Back