Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barwick missed first couple for brighton but has since been in there best players every week and puiselli iam told is one of the best at glenorchy, He plays on ball or Back, and absolutely dominated against new norfolf last week if you think they have only played 8 games between them all, i would say you dont read the footy scores very well on sunday mornings.

On to the regional squad was told today by one of the boys picked for the hawks that Scott brazendale, was not picked for the team because the were looking for pace and youth, what a joke. They obviously have never seen scott play he is one of the best backman goin around and pace he has plenty. the way they went round even picking the squad let alone the team has been an absolute joke.

Barwick missed at least the first 5 weeks with a broken ankle! Surely would need someone abit more match fit, wouldnt be too hard making nrightons best. Puiselli was suspended for the first 6 rounds.... so may be very good in last couple but has missed birtually the whole season to date. Bolts has played 3-4 games and has been suspect all year with injuries. Hardly compelling reasons for selection. Quality players but for years this side has been picked on reputation not form and is a main reason why the ledger is 7zip in Ntfl's favour

Barwick missed at least the first 5 weeks with a broken ankle! Surely would need someone abit more match fit, wouldnt be too hard making nrightons best. Puiselli was suspended for the first 6 rounds.... so may be very good in last couple but has missed birtually the whole season to date. Bolts has played 3-4 games and has been suspect all year with injuries. Hardly compelling reasons for selection. Quality players but for years this side has been picked on reputation not form and is a main reason why the ledger is 7zip in Ntfl's favour

Totally agree with u with the team being picked on rep and not form that is the reason why some of the hawks boys didnt get picked. But you cant really tell me u dont believe piuselli and barwick dont belong there, they are both fantastic players.

Totally agree with u with the team being picked on rep and not form that is the reason why some of the hawks boys didnt get picked. But you cant really tell me u dont believe piuselli and barwick dont belong there, they are both fantastic players.

Yeh they are good players not questioning that but questioning their preapration and match practice this season... Always good to have a devils advocate

WRONG!

Joker Played his first game for this year in Brighton's round 4 win over Kingborough. He also wasn't even included in the original SFL squad. After his first couple of weeks back being very solid performances, he was then added to the squad. EASILY one of the top 5 footballers in the SFL premier league. Played opposite Cat Gaeppen on the weekend and had the better of him in a 100 point loss!!!

WRONG!

Joker Played his first game for this year in Brighton's round 4 win over Kingborough. He also wasn't even included in the original SFL squad. After his first couple of weeks back being very solid performances, he was then added to the squad. EASILY one of the top 5 footballers in the SFL premier league. Played opposite Cat Gaeppen on the weekend and had the better of him in a 100 point loss!!!

Good call, Monna:thumbsu:

Fitze in the rep side. Disgraceful to say the least, there would have to be 15 better players at most clubs. Who is Muir???, Bolton, Barwick and Piuselli have probably played 8 games between them... and Degoyer captain, must be a good leader to walk out on a club he was skipper of and leave them to virtually fold... NTFL to smash them.
Who picks the squad members originally is it Winter and Brownless or club coaches?

You are f&#king kidding yourself! Fitze is one of the major reasons why Lauderdale have one 3 more games at this stage of the year than they won for all of last year. Check the best player results. And credence to the selectors, they picked him, and Mitch Robinson (he is a wingman) on form.
Deadset typical response!!!
Whaddaya say evvo, have you seen Lauderdale play this year????????????

Fitze in the rep side. Disgraceful to say the least, there would have to be 15 better players at most clubs. Who is Muir???, Bolton, Barwick and Piuselli have probably played 8 games between them... and Degoyer captain, must be a good leader to walk out on a club he was skipper of and leave them to virtually fold... NTFL to smash them.
Who picks the squad members originally is it Winter and Brownless or club coaches?
muir a bit lucky, only played 3 or 4 games this season. reckon degoyer has been picked on what he,s done this year not for leaving kingborough. don,t know if you,ve seen him play this season, easily demons best performed recruit this year.

Teams for tomorrow
Tasmania 5.20 pm
B: Street, Collier, Careless
HB: Cox, Gilmour, Koulouriotis
C: Atkin, Hall, Wager
HF: Wish-Wilson, Westfield, Thurley
F: Carins, Derbyshire, Ryan
Foll: O'Donogohue, B. Geappen, M. Geappen
Inter: Setchell, Walker, Brown, Stephens, Sharman, Johnson, Bartlett(Hanging up the boots after tomorrow)

My faultless sources tell me that an in form player who has missed out for Bartlett is absolutely ropable!

fair dinkum how you can name those blokes and not say andrew lemm to be in the side makes me vomit, mitch robinson has only just turned 18 and he has absolutely dominated this year, joker is one of the best players in the comp by far the two i agree with are maybe bolton and definately muir

How is the superstar Di Iennio not in the side?

Ha ha, I actually thought about putting that in, but ZippyBunny might have got his knickers in a twist again. :D

The selectors have rolled the dice:eek:, we will find out at the end of the day if they made the right call or not:rolleyes:.

But I guess no matter which players are picked there will always be criticism levelled out at the selectors, its all part of the parcel of being a footy follower.

Oz - Three Central Hawk players picked in the regional side - Headlam, Brazendale and Burrill.
Headlam seems to have improved in bounds from his days in the ODFA when he was playing for Oatlands and having a run of bad injuries - good on the big fella:thumbsu:.

Ha ha, I actually thought about putting that in, but ZippyBunny might have got his knickers in a twist again. :D

The selectors have rolled the dice:eek:, we will find out at the end of the day if they made the right call or not:rolleyes:.

But I guess no matter which players are picked there will always be criticism levelled out at the selectors, its all part of the parcel of being a footy follower.

Oz - Three Central Hawk players picked in the regional side - Headlam, Brazendale and Burrill.
Headlam seems to have improved in bounds from his days in the ODFA when he was playing for Oatlands and having a run of bad injuries - good on the big fella:thumbsu:.

the three for the hawks were actually headlam, burill and whitford, braz didnt make it

My faultless sources tell me that an in form player who has missed out for Bartlett is absolutely ropable!
This the guy or is there more than one?

Good enough to almost make the State side, can't quite cut it in the NTFL team though.
That is the dilemma of Zane Littlejohn.

He was stoked to be named in the Tasmanian squad, and even happier when he made the cut to the final 24.
Unfortunately coach Daryn Cresswell told him on Wednesday night he wouldn't be in the team to take on Queensland today.
Littlejohn and Cresswell thought he would play with the NTFL side against the SFL today instead, and he trained with the NTFL team on Thursday night.
Unfortunately, the NTFL side was not in need of a midfielder.
Coach Justin Plapp was spoilt for choice in that department and opted for more tall goal- kicking forwards instead and said the team needed more height.
He said it was difficult to plan when he did not know until Wednesday night Littlejohn would be available.
"He was stiffed, unlucky," Plapp said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This the guy or is there more than one?

Good enough to almost make the State side, can't quite cut it in the NTFL team though.
That is the dilemma of Zane Littlejohn.

Looks like there's more than one then.

Littlejohn is not the guy I am referring to.

Seriously, on form how can they possibly select Bartlett in the State Side?

He's done nothing for Glenorchy bar kick 5 v Kingston, who let's face it, Wilbur35 could kick 5 against!

As far as SFL v NTFL/NTFA is concerned, with bragging rights at stake wouldn't they be better off holding these games on a different week to the State games so as to enable the best players of each comp to participate, eg M.Geappen, Walker, Setchell, Atkin?

Roorat, can you please pass on my apologies for not being at the big game today?

Can I rely on you to conduct the presentation of the Barge-Roorat Cup on your own?!

Cheers

Looks like there's more than one then.

Littlejohn is not the guy I am referring to.

Seriously, on form how can they possibly select Bartlett in the State Side?

He's done nothing for Glenorchy bar kick 5 v Kingston, who let's face it, Wilbur35 could kick 5 against!
While Trent is a top bloke and a good player in his prime I don't think sentimentality should come into selecting a State squad.
As far as SFL v NTFL/NTFA is concerned, with bragging rights at stake wouldn't they be better off holding these games on a different week to the State games so as to enable the best players of each comp to participate, eg M.Geappen, Walker, Setchell, Atkin?
Totally agree with you here, though Devils comitments would take away talent as well
Roorat, can you please pass on my apologies for not being at the big game today?

Can I rely on you to conduct the presentation of the Barge-Roorat Cup on your own?!

Cheers
Barge, I would consider it an honour and I will make sure the NTFA safeguard it until next time.:)

Intra-State Representative Matches
Perfect sunny day in Launceston and 13° for today's matches.

{Full Time} NTFA 17.15 (117) - SFL Regional 8.11 (59)
{Qtr 2: 26-mins} NTFL 8.3 (51) - SFL Premier 5.4 (34)

Estimated attendance at present: 800-1000...

{Full Time} SFL Premier 13.13 (91) - NTFL 10.8 (68)
SFL finally breaks the 8-game losing streak against the NTFL booting eight goals to two in the second half.

Earlier on:
{Full Time} NTFA 17.15 (117) - SFL Regional 8.11 (59)

Both Tasmania and Queensland on the field, organisers extremely disappointed with the crowd, currently not much more than 1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back