Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think next year Cadoras and I need to address the Regional Boys on what it means to wear the ...... whatever coloured guernseys it is they wore.

However, as Oz and Setlikejelly can attest, Cadoras' words may be a bit hard to decipher if he has been on the "golden nectar!"

He may be a little hard to understand after a couple of refreshments. But the players would still find it extremely inspirational.

Kingpin said:
logo.gif

June 13th 2007: Tassie's Punt For Cash
By James Bresnehan - Link

Tasmania's loss to Queensland in Launceston on Saturday night could be the bargaining chip the state needs to receive extra funding.

Tasmania boasts Australia's highest football participation rate and by far the AFL's largest television audience per capita.
However, the state's first interstate match in eight years, which ended in an 11-point defeat against the Maroons, indicated the quality of Tasmanian football has slipped.
AFL Tasmania will use the result to ask the AFL to increase resources to help right the ship.
"The loss to Queensland verifies that we are losing ground in terms of the quality of Tasmanian football," AFL Tasmania general manager Scott Wade said yesterday.
"There's no doubt the quality needs to improve.
"To achieve that it's all about resources, and obviously resources require funding."
The AFL allocated a massive $100 million to Queensland and NSW to develop football. The development grants will be funded by the AFL's five-year $780 million television rights deal.
Over the same period, the AFL expects to earn an additional $1.4 billion in general revenue.
The AFL funds AFL Tasmania to the tune of $1.3 million annually, primarily money expected to be used to "grow the game".
"We don't begrudge the AFL's money to grow the game in the northern states," Wade said.
"Every state and territory is funded by the AFL to grow the game. In that area we have got it right.
"A total of 78 per cent of all Tasmanians watch AFL on television. That's the highest of any state by a mile.
"Since 1999 we've grown the rate of participation by 50 per cent - and that's a great result.
"But we are dropping behind in the quality of our football and that needs to be addressed."
Tasmania has the highest participation rate in the country among males between five and 39.
"I don't believe AFL Tasmania is given credit for what it has achieved in that area," Wade said.
"We have the highest participation rate of any state in the nation on a per capita basis.
"The challenge now is to turn that into quality."
He said the best model to achieve that would be to maintain the Tassie Devils in the long term.
"We have to commit to the Devils in the long term and make a commitment to the competition underpinning them," Wade said.
Many believe the ideal structure would be a revised statewide league.
"The future direction of Tasmanian football is definitely something we are discussing with the AFL," Wade said.
"We believe we are under-resourced.
"Since I've been in this job (November 1999), our main focus has been on participation growth.
"We are now at the point where we need to address the quality."

Wilbur35 said:
Well I'll be buggered! That has to be the biggest load of propaganda (aka cr*p) I have ever come across. Where is the evidence to back that up?
How is it that participation rates are up 50% but teams continue to struggle for numbers? Just keep patting yourself on the back and believing you are doing a good job when clearly there are fundamental problems with the way footy is headed in this State. Hail King Wade! :thumbsdown:
Yes I agree. They come up with all these stats to look important in the eyes of Demetriou, but how many can they back these up with conclusive proof?
If you take away the participatory numbers of little boys and little girls running around (even if only once) playing Auskick, one would have to wonder what the REAL participatory numbers are?
I could take my daughter to have a kick with Auskick if she wanted to, just once, and she would be a Tasmanian footballer!
It is a skewed statistic, because it lumps in the Auskick participants with club footballers (and there are certainly not anywhere near as many of those as their used to be) so I remain sceptical.
78% of Tasmanian's watch AFL on television?
Is that a survey of a number of people interviewed or worked out through the ratings?
Regardless, what else is there to watch on television? Not much!
Not only that, but it'd be interesting find out the percentage of Tasmanian householders with Austar given that 5 out of the 8 matches are now on Pay-TV each round in Tasmania.
I'm tipping it's not 78% ;)
All these blokes seem to have Peter Hodgman syndrome..... 'Football in Tasmaniaaaaa has never been better......"

Must be a very slow week if all that's come up is my so called drinking abililities.

Found an interesting bit of information tonight, got hold of a SFL annual report for 2006,

Had a quick look at the expenditures for the website hosting fees......

2004 came out at $6,163.64,
2005 came out at $6,290.91 ......and this is the cracker....
2006 fees for the website was a grand total of $220!

Yes you havent mis-read. A measly Two Hundred and Twenty Dollars.

They must have funneled the $6000 dollars into their weekly luncheons and dinner buffets.

How pathetic is that! The scrotes up AFL Tas can shove their precious website up their nether regions where the sun doesn't shine on.
I don't bother looking at it these days, like I used to in the faint hope that they might actually update it.

Another interesting point was nothing was printed on the expenditures for Staff wages. ie SFL Regional Manager etc, but I suspect it was because they probably come under AFL Tas which probably has a separate AGM, does anyone have a copy of their AGM from last year to have a look at the wages for the Fat Cats?

Another interesting point was nothing was printed on the expenditures for Staff wages. ie SFL Regional Manager etc, but I suspect it was because they probably come under AFL Tas which probably has a separate AGM, does anyone have a copy of their AGM from last year to have a look at the wages for the Fat Cats?
I'd like a look at that report. What I'd like to know is how much is actually spent to benefit anyone apart from the Devils and the AFL Tas fat cats. Any one know?

Must be a very slow week if all that's come up is my so called drinking abililities.

Found an interesting bit of information tonight, got hold of a SFL annual report for 2006,

Had a quick look at the expenditures for the website hosting fees......

2004 came out at 6,200 something,
2005 came out at 6,200 something and this is the cracker....
2006 fees for the website was a grand total of $220! Yes you havent mis-read. A measly Two Hundred and Twenty Dollars.
AFL Tasmania have never ever been very good at their online promotion of anything - Ever!
The dreadful old Devils website (the original one) was a joke, nightmare to navigate, had little or no relevant info and was unattractive.
Their second attempt wasn't much better and went the way of the first one.
The Football Tas site is not all that great, if they took the time to work on it properly it could be very, very informative and quite popular.
Trouble is, they can't be bothered!
Dan Garlick from OzVox Media - the ground announcer at Devils matches and the finals at North Hobart - used to run it and did a great job.
$220 bux is about all that site is worth now, about the only thing of any importance on there is the roster.

Cadoras said:
They must have funneled the $6000 dollars into their weekly luncheons and dinner buffets.
:thumbsu:

Cadoras said:
How pathetic is that! The scrotes up AFL Tas can shove their precious website up their nether regions where the sun doesn't shine on.
I don't bother looking at it these days, like I used to in the faint hope that they might actually update it.
It is very poor, looks all nice and professional but has no decent content and is not updated often enough.
Old fashioned, quaint thinking people in charge of the game still.

Cadoras said:
Wouldn't we all? ;)
You know as well as I do that figures would be neatly tailored to look all above board and neat and tidy - much like the Devils attendance figures really, oh and all these participant stats they keep raving on about :cool:

Might not be here on the weekend so here is the roster minus the NTFA and ODFA.
If anyone could provide those that would be good :thumbsu:
SFL Premier League - Round 10
Clarence - North Hobart at Bellerive Oval
Lauderdale - Glenorchy at Lauderdale Sports Ground
Hobart Lions - Brighton at TCA Ground
Kingborough - New Norfolk at Kingston Beach Oval

SFL Regional League - Round 10
Central Hawks - Sorell at Bothwell Oval
Kermandie - Triabunna at Geeveston Oval
Cygnet - Dodges Ferry at Cygnet Recreation Ground
Huonville - Channel at Huonville Recreation Ground
Lindisfarne - Claremont at Anzac Park

Old Scholars FA - Round 10
DOSA - University at Cadbury's Oval
St Virgil's - Richmond at New Town Oval
Hutchins - OHA at Queenborough Oval.

NTFL - Round 12
Devonport - Nth Launceston at Devonport Oval
Burnie Dockers - Ulverstone at West Park
Launceston - Smithton at Windsor Park
Latrobe - East Devonport at Latrobe Rec. Ground
Sth Launceston - Wynyard at Youngtown Memorial Ground.

NEFU - Round 10
St Helens - Lilydale at St Helens Rec. Ground
Bridport - Ringarooma at Bridport Oval.
Branxholm - Winnaleah at Branxholm Rec. Ground

NWFA - Round 9
Forth - Turners Beach at Forth Recreation Ground
Motton Preston - Wesley Vale at North Motton Rec. Ground
Sheffield - Spreyton at Sheffield Recreation Ground
West Ulverstone - East Ulverstone at West Ulverstone Rec. Ground

Darwin FA - Round 8
Cuprona - Ridgley at Heybridge Rec. Ground
Yeoman - Queenstown at Les Clarke Oval
Natone - Somerset at Natone Rec. Ground
South Burnie - Yolla at Wivenhoe Sports Ground

Leven FA - Round 9
Railton - Latrobe Saints at Sprent Rec. Ground (12:00 hrs)
Castra - Mole Creek at Sprent Rec. Ground (14:00 hrs)

Might not be here on the weekend so here is the roster minus the NTFA and ODFA.
If anyone could provide those that would be good :thumbsu:

I can help with NTFA, as I have a roster nearby me
Wouldn't know what the ODFA is doing this weekend, as the roster is still at home and the computer is still f******

NTFA Division 1 - Round 9
Deloraine v Longford
Scottsdale v Hillwood
Bridgenorth v Bracknell
Rocherlea v George Town

NTFA Division 2 - Round 10
Campbell Town v Uni Mowbray
Old Scotch v Perth
Tamar Cats v OL's
Fingal v St Pats
Bye - Evandale

Thought I might stick my neck out with my tips for the weekend (SFL, NTFL and NTFA)
Your thoughts gentlemen??

SFL Premier League - Round 10
Clarence - North Hobart at Bellerive Oval (North Hobart by 22)
Lauderdale - Glenorchy at Lauderdale Sports Ground (Glenorchy by 95)
Hobart Lions - Brighton at TCA Ground (Hobart by 71)
Kingborough - New Norfolk at Kingston Beach Oval (New Norfolk by 120+)

SFL Regional League - Round 10
Central Hawks - Sorell at Bothwell Oval (Hawks by 15)
Kermandie - Triabunna at Geeveston Oval (Kermandie by 150+)
Cygnet - Dodges Ferry at Cygnet Recreation Ground (Dodges by 8)
Huonville - Channel at Huonville Recreation Ground (Huonville by 85)
Lindisfarne - Claremont at Anzac Park (Claremont by 27)

NTFL - Round 12
Devonport - Nth Launceston at Devonport Oval (Devonport by 35)
Burnie Dockers - Ulverstone at West Park (Ulverstone by 27)
Launceston - Smithton at Windsor Park (Launceston by 56)
Latrobe - East Devonport at Latrobe Rec. Ground (Latrobe by 120+)
Sth Launceston - Wynyard at Youngtown Memorial Ground. (South by 76)

NTFA Division 1 - Round 9
Deloraine v Longford (Deloraine by 2)
Scottsdale v Hillwood (Scottsdale by 19)
Bridgenorth v Bracknell (Bridgenorth by 1)
Rocherlea v George Town (George Town by 120+)

NTFA Division 2 - Round 10
Campbell Town v Uni Mowbray (Uni Mowbray by 75)
Old Scotch v Perth (Old Scotch by 33)
Tamar Cats v OL's (OL's by 18)
Fingal v St Pats (Fingal by 10)
Bye - Evandale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word from the underground is that this saturdays U/19's clash between Hobart and Brighton will be officiated by Scott Wade, Wayne Povey and Michael Brown to try and reach out to the community on the short numbers of Umpires.

Good luck to em!:rolleyes:

Word from the underground is that this saturdays U/19's clash between Hobart and Brighton will be officiated by Scott Wade, Wayne Povey and Michael Brown to try and reach out to the community on the short numbers of Umpires.

Good luck to em!:rolleyes:

Better start hoarding all these rotten tomatoes and eggs and have a field day pelting them when they come near the boundary. Now that would be a good days entertainment. :D

Wasn't it good to see the 2 part huge article by Brett Stubbs with AFL TAS Chairman Dominic Baker on how he was going to fix footy in the state !!!!

Did the article tell us anything ??

What a wast of paper, the greenies should protest about wasting paper outside the Mercury on that 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back