Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard tonight that cat geappen may have partially or fully torn his acl on the weekend? Big news if its true for north hobarts premiership chances! Hope its ot true 4 cats sake anyway!

Even your own Peter Clements would be guaranteed a game in their seniors!:D

He might add a bit of fire in their bellies with his attack on the ball!

Is that the Peter Clements that played a few magoos games for Dodges Ferry (i think) early days and i even think he might of been bench coach of the 2s as well.

You might as well get the cup engraved with Claremont already. I have no confidence at all about this match :(

This is the post i was replying to Thankyou. So dont get on here and say i was slaggin of ozguy, And sayin im poor for slaggin of someone in our own team base, when all i was sayin is have a bit of confidence in them. As that is what Chop has been askin for all year.

I wouldn't imagine it would have happened since maybe 2004, or even longer. Their underage have been strong since then, their 2's hae been allright (haven't made a GF but won a fair few games), and their 1's have been the benchmark of the comp, along with Cygnet. I heard they ahve a lot of players out injured at the moment, and are really struggling... Could be a Cygnet-Kermandie 2005 rematch on the cards this year, that would be great to see.

Yeah I was thinking 2003/2004. Not sure about the injuries but they are certainly making a lot more changes this year than last. The Regional league is so open at the moment anyone of 4 or 5 teams could still make it.

Yeah I was thinking 2003/2004. Not sure about the injuries but they are certainly making a lot more changes this year than last. The Regional league is so open at the moment anyone of 4 or 5 teams could still make it.

imo the only teams that can't win it are Triabunna (obviously), Channel (unfortunately for me), and maybe Liondisfarne and Sorell. I rate them in this order:

Kermandie (very good side)
Dodges (always come good)
Cygnet (starting to come good)
Central Hawks (some very good players, very hard team)
Claremont (very close-knit team, good running game)
Huonville (good team but won't win it imo)
Sorell (struggling a touch at the minute)
Lindisfarne (also good on their day, but too inconsistent)
Channel (ravaged by injuries and lack of commitment)
Triabunna (hopefully will stay winless for another couple of weeks).

Just noticed Stuart Probert has been cleared to Cygnet too, so he'd be another handy acquisition for them I would imagine.

Very interesting pickup!! Just another bit of experience there imo!

Also - assessing the sides mid season, and how the ....
Premier League Winners - North Hobart, they just seem to have a bit extra depth this year! As shown in Round 3 when they trounced Clarence by 12 goals, without Cat Geappen!

Runners Up - New Norfolk, they are just sneaking under the radar of teams.

The other Finals spots - Glenorchy (3rd), Clarence (4th), Hobart (5th)

Regional League Winners (always very hard to predict) - Kermandie, like last year, softly softly!

Runners Up - Central Hawks, Chopper Burdon might just get this side firing here, said that they would be a smokey at the start of the year

The Other Finals Spots - Claremont (3rd), Huonville (4th), Dodges Ferry (5th)

Big Disappointment - Sorell, especially after they were so close in 2006. Would have thought that they would have come out all guns blazing this season.

imo the only teams that can't win it are Triabunna (obviously), Channel (unfortunately for me), and maybe Liondisfarne and Sorell. I rate them in this order:

Kermandie (very good side)
Dodges (always come good)
Cygnet (starting to come good)
Central Hawks (some very good players, very hard team)
Claremont (very close-knit team, good running game)
Huonville (good team but won't win it imo)
Sorell (struggling a touch at the minute)
Lindisfarne (also good on their day, but too inconsistent)
Channel (ravaged by injuries and lack of commitment)
Triabunna (hopefully will stay winless for another couple of weeks).
YOU have Huonville missing the finals????? are you all there???? they are sitting a game clear second on the ladder win 8 wins and it looks as though they have to win 2 maybe 3 to be playin finals... wake up!!

Just a quick one...
Why is everyone on the Claremont band wagon. They beat sorell by twenty points or so at Claremont when sorell were missing 5 players, beat the lions when they had 4 players out (also at home) and just got over lindisfarne who have 3 wins for the year. They are xceeding everyones expectations for sure but i think to be talking them up as a threat is going a bit far. I Still see sorell playing finals footy, with claremont to miss the 5, Cygnet also will struggle.

And my beloved Kingston,, get on them for 2009 ha ha

This is the post i was replying to Thankyou. So dont get on here and say i was slaggin of ozguy, And sayin im poor for slaggin of someone in our own team base, when all i was sayin is have a bit of confidence in them. As that is what Chop has been askin for all year.

Say whatever you like,

Re - read this, Ive highlighted some words to help you out.

Oz's last posts involving the Barge-Ozguy Cup was only hinting that he WASN'T that all CONFIDENT about the Hawks beating Claremont because the pygmies are in top form at the moment - How can that be construed as saying they WON'T win?

Now if you could arrange to have a couple of chaps called Atkin and a couple called Webster absent for the game, then I MIGHT be a bit happier ;) -

You MIGHT as well get the cup engraved with Claremont already. I have no CONFIDENCE at all about this match :(

Lets just agree to disagree.

as much as i hate to say it, i think you might have underestimated clarence. they were good on saturday,really hard at it. dee,s kicked 6 goals in 8 mins early in 3rd & the roos looked a bit stunned. A great game from ''moose'' muir, degooyer,richter & bielski , north looked pretty awesome in 2nd half, be hard to beat this year.

YOU have Huonville missing the finals????? are you all there???? they are sitting a game clear second on the ladder win 8 wins and it looks as though they have to win 2 maybe 3 to be playin finals... wake up!!
I think they will lose a few games form here on in. Maybe not miss the finals, as they already have 8 wins, but I don't see them challenging for the flag. As i stated cobba, it was my opinion, I am not claiming that it will come true, but from my perspective (and I have played against these sides for the last 3 years) I don't believe they will challenge for the p'ship.

And you think Cygnet will struggle? Trust me, they will be one of the form teams of the second half of the season.

Just a quick one...
Why is everyone on the Claremont band wagon. They beat sorell by twenty points or so at Claremont when sorell were missing 5 players, beat the lions when they had 4 players out (also at home) and just got over lindisfarne who have 3 wins for the year. They are xceeding everyones expectations for sure but i think to be talking them up as a threat is going a bit far. I Still see sorell playing finals footy, with claremont to miss the 5, Cygnet also will struggle.

And my beloved Kingston,, get on them for 2009 ha ha

They also beat Dodges Ferry by 6 goals and Dodges had a reasonable team in that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick one...
Cygnet also will struggle.

If they have recruited Probert as someone said before, along with the return of Matthew Brereton, Aaron Creek, Andrew Jurd and a couple of others with possibility of coach Bozicevic pulling his boots on again (unlikely considering his bad knees but a possibility), they certainly look a formidable side don't they?

He said won't win it IE: the premiership.
He didn't say they won't make the finals man - they'd have to have a major catastrophe to dip out of the five now given their position.

He said won't win it IE: the premiership.
He didn't say they won't make the finals man - they'd have to have a major catastrophe to dip out of the five now given their position.

Yeah you tell 'im mate!!
I rated them in the order of what I think their chances of winning the p'ship are, not their final ladder positions...

I know you barrack for a great team in the big league bomberboyz, and I will grant you some brownie points for that, but don't come onto this board and start trapping off to well-established members. You need to earn respect in here, just ask Barge, he's still trying to earn his first ounce...

Obviously you guys love Tassie footy. Here is a theory and I want your thoughts. The devils concept is floored. The alignment has not worked and the appointment of Cresswell has been diabolical. A mystery to me is why Bolton failed to get the job. A young bloke on the up against a shady character out of the A.F.L system. We can never compete against full time A.F.L professional footballers so lets bail out of the V.F.L. I thought Blair Brownless spoke sense but Wade would be against it because if Tasmanian football is restructured he would have to go back to being a bank worker. It is all political. If this theory is off the mark and you guys want someone to lead Tasmanian football out of the gloom then lets try and entice Chris Fagan back to Tassie- a deep thinker and smart football administrator. But I feel the best option is to exit the V.F.L and go with a Brownless type set up to best supplement Tassie football.

You need to earn respect in here, just ask Barge, he's still trying to earn his first ounce...

Stirring the pot are we?:thumbsu:.....the Bargemeister will be plotting away now;).....might even round up his local 'Mont hoodlums to pay you a visit.
Or worse still....rocks on your roof at 2am in the morning combined with a empty metho bottle smashed against your front door:D

Obviously you guys love Tassie footy. Here is a theory and I want your thoughts. The devils concept is floored. The alignment has not worked and the appointment of Cresswell has been diabolical. A mystery to me is why Bolton failed to get the job. A young bloke on the up against a shady character out of the A.F.L system. We can never compete against full time A.F.L professional footballers so lets bail out of the V.F.L. I thought Blair Brownless spoke sense but Wade would be against it because if Tasmanian football is restructured he would have to go back to being a bank worker. It is all political. If this theory is off the mark and you guys want someone to lead Tasmanian football out of the gloom then lets try and entice Chris Fagan back to Tassie- a deep thinker and smart football administrator. But I feel the best option is to exit the V.F.L and go with a Brownless type set up to best supplement Tassie football.

I can see why AFL Tas went in the Cresswell direction. I'd heard his character called into question a few times over the past few years, but in a state where football is struggling, AFL Tas really needed somebody to be the face of the Devils as much as they needed a coach.

Armstrong used to play the PR game so well in the early days, but the more jaded he became, the more negative the press seemed to be towards the Devils. in theory, by appointing a well-known AFL figure as the coach of the Devils, AFL Tas would have restored a bit of credibility to the position and generated some positive press as a result.

hell, the theory almost applies, cos a guy like Cresswell sounds like a sure winner on paper. prominent AFL star, assistant coach at two successful AFL clubs, local born... problem is, Cresswell's such a shit bloke that none of it matters

we don't need a coach, we needed a saviour. but just when Tassie footy needed a Ron Barassi, we got a Robert Walls instead :thumbsdown:

Someone, preferably a pest exterminator - does anyone know a good one? - needs to go into the AFL Tas Building and disinfect from top to bottom all these fleas and dust mites (living on the fat cats) that infest that place and replace them with clean linen.
Appoint a hard nosed proven adminstrator - (Don't care if its a no name person) with his hand picked team, that will get the job done with minimal fuss. Then the rebuilding of the structure of football in Tasmania can begin.
Until then it is a foregone conclusion where the state of football in Tasmania is headed with Wade and co still in charge....down the gurgler.

Someone, preferably a pest exterminator - does anyone know a good one? - needs to go into the AFL Tas Building and disinfect from top to bottom all these fleas and dust mites (living on the fat cats) that infest that place and replace them with clean linen.
Appoint a hard nosed proven adminstrator - (Don't care if its a no name person) with his hand picked team, that will get the job done with minimal fuss. Then the rebuilding of the structure of football in Tasmania can begin.
Until then it is a foregone conclusion where the state of football in Tasmania is headed with Wade and co still in charge....down the gurgler.
One of the major downfalls is having the same body in charge of all football in the State. We need a governing body to look out for the interests of football as a whole, without favouring any particular group. The Devils, Mariners and each regional comp should have their own governing body answerable to the State governing body.
What I also hate is the concept that we are nothing but a "pathway" to the AFL. Sure it is the dream of anyone to play AFL but in reality the majority aren't going to make it, which shouldn't mean that the majority should accept second class treatment for the betterment of a few.

OK I'll do it. I'll go in as head of footy in the state and clean it up ;)
Fair enough
Fat Cat at Argyle Street Headquarters....Ozguy
Deputy....Kingpin
SFL....Barge
Deputy....Zippybunny
SFL Regional....
NTFA....Roorat
NTFL....
Devils....
Mariners....
Any takers for the other positions?

Status