Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Duff picked up one of your videos today of my young blokes game. Ive had to sit through it ten times the comentator said he kicked goal of the year ,now he is bigger than the game running around calling himself neon leon Great job very professional product.:) Any one on this thread been watching the Claremont games? just wondering how C Curtain goes my memory is that he used to be a bit of a hot head .Has he settled down a bit? .I notice he kicked a bag this week.

Clinton Curtain for mine this year has been one of the more under rated players going round.

I'm told took soome sensational grabs yesterday.

Tough as nails and has been very disciplined thus far to my knowledge.

Very difficult match up given the #1 defender usually goes to Ricky Martin.

Filmed Dodges v Sorell yesterday. Who the heck is number 2 (I think) for Sorell? I will check through the game tape to confirm his number but sometimes some players stand out more than others.He kicked a few and looked a class act. Haw from Dodges also another that could be playing Premier. Just looked the goods. Is Haw a sniper though? He gave some bloke a beauty at about the half way point in the game just in front of the past players do.

Also that young bloke with Dodges is a bit of a gun. Sort of hangs through the air for a mark. Good player.

Hey just on the Sorell ground. Its a great size for footy but a bloke at the bar reckons since it was built in 1998 its fallen away 4m to the Southern end. How does this happen? Any gardeners or landscapers out there?

Also the lights for training there are well, mmm a bit low in lux. How the heck do they train under such conditions? I remember the lights at Cambridge were better!

Gee I reckon that loss hurt Sorell.

NTFA Division Two had Tamar Cats return to the winners list in a big way at Beauty Point, sending St Pats packing by 92 points. Evandale won their battle of the cellar dwellers against OL's by 12 points at Morven Park. An undermanned Old Scotch defeated Perth in a thrilling 10 point win while Fingal cruised to a 42 point win over Uni.

Undermanned, they have been undermanned all year I have heard, players in and out every week.

Must have a bit of depth in their side then if that is the case, Perth are a good team and will definately be in the top 3 I am predicting.

How many are they currently missing?

Undermanned, they have been undermanned all year I have heard, players in and out every week.

Must have a bit of depth in their side then if that is the case, Perth are a good team and will definately be in the top 3 I am predicting.

How many are they currently missing?

They had about 20 players out in both the Seniors and Reserves combined from what I heard from Scotch sources.

Good game to watch, Perth missed two golden chances to pinch the game late in the match and could only kick 1.7 between the 15 minute mark in the first term to just after half time where Scotch got 8 goals 6 in the same period, that proved to be Perth's downfall.

Agreed on top 3 spot for Perth, Tamar and St Pats are too inconsistent to really threaten.

Had to laugh on Saturday when I was told by a SFL President that a email was sent to clubs saying certain extra players were required for SFL rep game and one PUD DARCY was named but knocked back by AFL TAS, what are these SFL rep coaches thinking,do they go to games or is there no one else prepared to do it

Had to laugh on Saturday when I was told by a SFL President that a email was sent to clubs saying certain extra players were required for SFL rep game and one PUD DARCY was named but knocked back by AFL TAS, what are these SFL rep coaches thinking,do they go to games or is there no one else prepared to do it

AFL Tas had nothing to do with it. The clubs voted unanimously before the season began that you play for the league you play in.

AFL Tas had nothing to do with it. The clubs voted unanimously before the season began that you play for the league you play in.
Missing the point ,why would they pick him anyway are there not enough forwards in the SFL comp or is he the best avaliable seems strange to me.

Young Howe from Dodges will be a gun for sure. Has all things needed to be a great player. Tall athletic skills. A similar player at the Central Hawks but his name escapes me. As with Curtain, has great hands and gets easy shots in front of goal. Wont lead wide to the boundries. And his marks. Took 2 great grabs with nice hang time with each

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Oz,

Looks like your favourite son has been in the wars again......:rolleyes: That makes a team and a half now that have had a crack at DK's noggin!:D

http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,23795396-13222,00.html

[FONT=&quot]Sounds like a bit of video surveillance might be in order. If anyone from the ODFA wants to contact me I have an abundance of keen capable cameramen and can accommodate.

We should also look at filming the Grand finals for that comp as they tend to miss out so perhaps we can get something going.

Mobile is 0413 139 599
Martin Duffy
Duff TV
[/FONT]

You just get the Claremont v Sorell footage from SIX WEEKS AGO up or you could end up the same way! :D

Seriously Duff, they're playing some good footy this year, when are you planning on filming them next?

Filmed Dodges v Sorell yesterday. Who the heck is number 2 (I think) for Sorell? I will check through the game tape to confirm his number but sometimes some players stand out more than others.He kicked a few and looked a class act. Haw from Dodges also another that could be playing Premier. Just looked the goods. Is Haw a sniper though? He gave some bloke a beauty at about the half way point in the game just in front of the past players do.

Also that young bloke with Dodges is a bit of a gun. Sort of hangs through the air for a mark. Good player.

Hey just on the Sorell ground. Its a great size for footy but a bloke at the bar reckons since it was built in 1998 its fallen away 4m to the Southern end. How does this happen? Any gardeners or landscapers out there?

Also the lights for training there are well, mmm a bit low in lux. How the heck do they train under such conditions? I remember the lights at Cambridge were better!

Gee I reckon that loss hurt Sorell.

No 2 for sorell is mark cowen... played for dodges last year. kicked 4 on the weekend but didnt make the distance with 30 to go. was pretty funny.

jeremy howe is a gun. faded out of the game a bit in the second half but man he can take a grab.
and jesse o neal should not be playing regoinal league footy.

Which one? Uni Mowbray have two of them (Cam and Alex). They are both fairly even IMO. And if the B&F was held tommorrow, Lenton would be about the top 10.

Cam controlled a game the other week, marked and kicked everything, so I guess he was the one I was referring to. Lenton looks a really classy player, has been first named almost every week when you look in the paper.

Cam controlled a game the other week, marked and kicked everything, so I guess he was the one I was referring to. Lenton looks a really classy player, has been first named almost every week when you look in the paper.
Only because he is the coaches 'favourite'..... One game he got an absolute bath, I heard the bloke he played on had 6 to half time, yet was still named as their best player. In saying that he is a good player in that competition. No doubt is on a bit of coin to play there?

Originally Posted by Benny_
Jeremy Howe. Absolute gun. 17 year old, who should get drafted. Will be playing Devils by the end of the year.

I dont know the kid and hope he goes well, but mate you aint going to get drafted to AFL when playing SFL REGIONAL, sorry but they are facts, couldnt see an AFL scout coming down to Tassie and watching a game at Kermandie or Cygnet or Dodges. Maybe they watch the Mariners or Devils!!

Creswell quits Devils top job
Article from:

JAMES BRESNEHAN
June 04, 2008 05:00pm

TASMANIAN Devils coach Daryn Cresswell has walked out on the club with less than half of the 2008 VFL season played.
The former Sydney Swans star informed AFL Tasmania at 2pm today that he would not be continuing in the job.
Cresswell said he had lost his desire to coach.
He has no other job waiting for him.
The resignation took AFL Tasmania by surprise.
"The timing is a surprise because we had a chat about his future a couple of weeks ago and we told him he had the full support of the management and board," said AFL Tasmania's general manager Scott Wade.
"When I woke up this morning, I fully expected Daryn Cresswell to be the coach of the Devils for the rest of the season."
The Devils will be coached by an assistant coach for their round nine clash with Port Melbourne at Bellerive on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back