Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benny_ said:
Got of as well i believe.
Yeah he got off and so did the Kingborough player who was up for striking Hobart Lion Trent Harvey also.

Actually I was surprised how little coverage there was of the matches from the Premier League on the weekend in the paper.
Apparently there was a large crowd at the Boyer game, Judbury_Jets how big do you estimate the crowd at the TCA game was?
The Governer of Tasmania, as number 1 ticket-holder of the Hobart Lions was a special guest at the game, and had a special area roped off with cushioned seating for him and his people in the Main Stand.

Kingpin said:
Yeah he got off and so did the Kingborough player who was up for striking Hobart Lion Trent Harvey also.

Actually I was surprised how little coverage there was of the matches from the Premier League on the weekend in the paper.
Apparently there was a large crowd at the Boyer game, Judbury_Jets how big do you estimate the crowd at the TCA game was?
The Governer of Tasmania, as number 1 ticket-holder of the Hobart Lions was a special guest at the game, and had a special area roped off with cushioned seating for him and his people in the Main Stand.

There were actually quite a few at the Hobart game, the PPP stand was pretty much full, ther were quite a few near the bar and also in the top pocket near the hall. I would say about 5 or 6 hundred or so, although i could be very wrong. It was a solid turnout, more than i expected, very tough getting a park near the ground.

Kingpin said:

incredible. the Burdon incident happened on the HFF right in front of me and my first impression was that he was gone for all money

judburyjets said:
Anyway, onto another topic. Will Kermandie give Sorell another touch up this week or will it be a better game? Considering it is down at Geeveston, you would imagine that the robins would win easily, but for some reason i think it will be a lot closer this time, and the robins wil get up by less than a kick.

Match is at North Hobart.

Ozguy said:
Match is at North Hobart.

then it should be a cracker then. I didn't know they were playing the pf at NH this year. Last year it was at Cygnet, why is it there this year?

Guessing it is because the ground was not being used. But then again I dont know how the League operated in previous seasons.

Last year it was Huonville vs Kermandie so i think they decided it was best to hold it in the huon, so they had it at Cygnet, a neutral venue. Considering this year it is a team from each of south and north of Hobart, they are holding it at NH. Good idea, no team gets advantage from it and should be a cracker of a game, will definitely be attending this game. I rekcon the losing side will go down punching.... Kermandie by 4 points.

Just saw the pics on the Hobart website, in my veiw I think that there was a pretty good crowd there. I was there in 2004 and against New Norflok when there was 1,200 at the TCA and this crowd is probably around 800-1,000 in my opinion but could be wrong.

WCL said:
Just saw the pics on the Hobart website, in my veiw I think that there was a pretty good crowd there. I was there in 2004 and against New Norflok when there was 1,200 at the TCA and this crowd is probably around 800-1,000 in my opinion but could be wrong.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was nudging 800 or so, it was a good turnout. Pity bout the game though, lacked a bit of ferocity.

Yeah fair guess i would say.

Not bad but still has room for improvment, hopefully they get a few out to watch the Eagles at Boyer this weekend.

AFL tas must surely have rocks in their heads if they don't promote the local comp. This could be a ground breaking finals series and set up a good financial windfall for them for next year as well.

Surely they know they have to make up for not getting 22,000 to the 2 devils finals that they would be allocated regardless of where they finish. They have to pull their finger out sooner or later.

Kingpin said:

I noticed in the SunTas today that Kingborough couldn't field a thirds team against Norfick' yesterday.
And they're due to play the Lions in a final next weekend, what's with that?
Apparently there is more to this than simply not having enough players. They were playing the top team, they were on the same points as North Hobart, but a slightly better %, it was the last week before finals, I'm sure you get what i am talking about. Also, seems they had plenty of players for the 2's side ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the u-17s brawl they have been discussing that this morning on ABC radio.

Scott Wade was on earlier and washed his hands of the matter by saying that he has zero control over the u-17 competition.

Just now the president of the STJFL has been on and he claims that there are three seperate bodies in Southern football. The STJFL has control up to and including u-15 level while the u-17s is controlled by.....what for it.....AFL Tasmania :eek:

Unwritten_Law said:

Scott Wade was on earlier and washed his hands of the matter by saying that he has zero control over the u-17 competition.

Just now the president of the STJFL has been on and he claims that there are three seperate bodies in Southern football. The STJFL has control up to and including u-15 level while the u-17s is controlled by.....what for it.....AFL Tasmania :eek:
It is great how a full-time (and well-remunerated i would think) administrator such as Wade palms off any problems like this to the president of the STJFL, which is a voluntary role, even though it is actually his responsibilty. Wade has all day to think about such things, now his beloved devils are finished for the season, yet he palms it off to a bloke that has other things to worry about (ie a real job). Another blight on Tasmanian football, something has to give. :thumbsdown:

Unwritten_Law said:

AFL Tas definitely control the U/17 comp (typical cop out - only takes credit for what is good about the game - not what goes wrong!). They took control off the STJFL who want it back and intend doing so from next year. How else would Wayne Povey (from AFL Tas) call the game off???

judburyjets said:
Apparently there is more to this than simply not having enough players. They were playing the top team, they were on the same points as North Hobart, but a slightly better %, it was the last week before finals, I'm sure you get what i am talking about. Also, seems they had plenty of players for the 2's side ;)

That is exactly what happened.. It's a very smart idea.. But very poor sportsmanship.. They should have been more confident anyway.. North Hobart were never a chance..

Anyone else hear about New Norfolk's training on Monday night. Smith ordered his players to a night of boxing. They belted the sh*t out of each other after there disappointing performance against Clarence. Just another brilliant smart coaching move from Smith.

Benny_ said:
Anyone else hear about New Norfolk's training on Monday night. Smith ordered his players to a night of boxing. They belted the sh*t out of each other after there disappointing performance against Clarence. Just another brilliant smart coaching move from Smith.

You're pathetic. All you seem to do is gather up dirt about New Norfolk and post it on here, who are you? A local New Norfolk boy who can't get a game? Who would bother posting something like your above shyte, and think anyone would be grateful reading it.

You definately are a Benny.:thumbsdown:

Macquarie Eagle said:
You're pathetic. All you seem to do is gather up dirt about New Norfolk and post it on here, who are you? A local New Norfolk boy who can't get a game? Who would bother posting something like your above shyte, and think anyone would be grateful reading it.

And Who are you? A New Norfolk supporter who hates hearing gossip about thier own club because they belive it has no faults whatsoever and is the best thing since sliced bread?????

Macquarie Eagle said:

so you're not denying the claims made? ;)

Benny_ said:
you better go to boxing to get same tips couse you will need them when smith gets hold of you ya ****er...

Macquarie Eagle said:

I would never live in that infested hole of a place. Smith's an idiot and if your too dumb and blind to figure that out then your definitely a New Norfolk supporter.

footyparent said:
you better go to boxing to get same tips couse you will need them when smith gets hold of you ya ****er...

I should go to New Norfolk training then if i want to learn how to box.

Benny_ said:
I would never live in that infested hole of a place. Smith's an idiot and if your too dumb and blind to figure that out then your definitely a New Norfolk supporter.

Obviously you have a personal agenda against him for some reason or another.....let me guess, he gave you a hiding one night? With the exception of little *** kempos Kingz, most people get on here to discuss local footy, not to hear you whine about your hatred of Mathew Smith. If you do have a problem with him be a man and face him about it, if not, shut your coward mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back