Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macquarie Eagle said:
Obviously you have a personal agenda against him for some reason or another.....let me guess, he gave you a hiding one night? With the exception of little *** kempos Kingz, most people get on here to discuss local footy, not to hear you whine about your hatred of Mathew Smith. If you do have a problem with him be a man and face him about it, if not, shut your coward mouth.

I just state the things that the New Norfolk club does. I comment on them and then you get that defensive its unreal. I have never met the man. But i have no time for a person that spits on umpires and has done some amazingly dumb things.

judburyjets said:
Apparently there is more to this than simply not having enough players. They were playing the top team, they were on the same points as North Hobart, but a slightly better %, it was the last week before finals, I'm sure you get what i am talking about. Also, seems they had plenty of players for the 2's side ;)
Yeah someone from Hobart told me the exact same thing the other night as well.
I'd also heard that they had players playing in the U/17's the following day and needed them more in that game.
Not sure which version is correct, but you shouldn't be allowed to do that in a proper comp really.

Wilbur35 said:
AFL Tas definitely control the U/17 comp (typical cop out - only takes credit for what is good about the game - not what goes wrong!). They took control off the STJFL who want it back and intend doing so from next year. How else would Wayne Povey (from AFL Tas) call the game off???
Must admit, I'm not overly sure just which umbrella it all falls under, because the Under 17's is basically the SFL Premier League Fourths, and is badged as the AFLST Youth League, and according to AFL Tasmania, they have no control over the doings of the AFLST.
You're spot on though, definately seperate from the Under 9's to Under 15's as I understand it, so they can't buckpass on this one.
I feel a bit sorry for the clubs really, because a lot of the fights and stuff aren't really anything to do with the clubs themselves, mostly to do with outside involvement from which colleges the boys attend and which social circles they hang out in etc.
It does need cleaning up though, some of the parents that attend these games (and the levels below) need a swift kick up the arse and be sent on their way from what I used to see at STJFL games in the past.

Benny_ said:
I just state the things that the New Norfolk club does. I comment on them and then you get that defensive its unreal. I have never met the man. But i have no time for a person that spits on umpires and has done some amazingly dumb things.

Why wouldn't I get defensive? The things you come out with are bulls**t. For example, there never was a boxing session Monday night, whoever gave you that info is a liar, and so what if we did. Boxing is a good way to get fit, why would you feel the need to comment negatively on that? Fair enough if you gave every a club a serve of your verbal diarrohea, but you insist on slagging New Norfolk everytime. Give me the name of your club and I'm sure I could dig up a dozen duds that have done stupid things, but then again I don't think the majority of people are going to care........unless you are kempos kingz, who seems to get a chuckle out of most of your comments on here.

examinerjs0.jpg

Hawks Embrace Tassie 'Home': Five Year Deal Tipped To Be Worth $16 Million To Hawks - September 1st

advocatetu2.jpg

Top Robin Breaks Down - September 1st
Saints Get With The Program To Surge - September 1st
Pair Face Test Of Fitness - September 1st
Teen Given Key Role - September 1st
Robin In Need Of Flight South - August 31st
Saints Heaven Sent? - August 31st
Richardson Roars Into Record Books - August 31st
Robin Wants Dream Battle - August 30th
Marshall In Form For Finals - August 30th
Saints Set Sights On Glory - August 29th
Robin's Prognosis Good - August 29th
Consistancy Key To Stephens' Win - August 29th
Nomination For Dedicated Doc - August 29th
Wynyard Cats Suffer Cash Crisis - August 28th
Birchall's Brilliance Shines - August 28th

logo.gif

Biggest Admirers, Toughest Critics - September 1st
Hawks: Fliers For Tassie - September 1st
Old Scholars: Stoush For Last Finals Chance - September 1st
Paul Hudson Into Devils Mix - September 1st
Clean-Up Of Coaches - September 1st
Under 17 Grand Final Disgrace - August 31st
Rivalry The Spur For Clarence Teenager - August 31st
Sports Lunch Sell-Out - August 29th

Kingpin said:
Yeah someone from Hobart told me the exact same thing the other night as well.
I'd also heard that they had players playing in the U/17's the following day and needed them more in that game.
Not sure which version is correct, but you shouldn't be allowed to do that in a proper comp really.

I heard it form one of the Kingborough U19 players, so i am pretty sure that is correct. They were playing in the prelim final in the u17 the next day so they prob use that as an excuse, but there are not many players that play both games at Kingborough, most of the u19 players that i know are 18 or 19. I think it is pretty ordinary, especially considering all the abuse Kingborough cop these days (mostly unwarranted in my opinion), they are just asking for a bad (worse) reputation by doing such things. It was obvious they were not going to have an impact on the finals, especially considering they didn't even want to play the top team on their own ground... Some of the things that have been happening down there (my former club) lately have been very disappointing. There arre a lot of decent blokes down there but things like this make me happy that i am no longer associated with the club.

:eek:
Benny_ said:
I just state the things that the New Norfolk club does. I comment on them and then you get that defensive its unreal. I have never met the man. But i have no time for a person that spits on umpires
and has done some amazingly dumb things.
no wonder you talk rubbish
according to your stats a man of 104years must have dementia

Take this crap elsewhere. 2nd time in a month this thread has been cluttered with garbage.

judburyjets said:
I heard it form one of the Kingborough U19 players, so i am pretty sure that is correct. They were playing in the prelim final in the u17 the next day so they prob use that as an excuse, but there are not many players that play both games at Kingborough, most of the u19 players that i know are 18 or 19. I think it is pretty ordinary, especially considering all the abuse Kingborough cop these days (mostly unwarranted in my opinion), they are just asking for a bad (worse) reputation by doing such things. It was obvious they were not going to have an impact on the finals, especially considering they didn't even want to play the top team on their own ground... Some of the things that have been happening down there (my former club) lately have been very disappointing. There arre a lot of decent blokes down there but things like this make me happy that i am no longer associated with the club.

I think you will find that there was only 12 players avaliable because of injury and sickness and the death of a players parent.

notice.jpg

As you would no doubt have noticed, Bigfooty had a very large crash sometime after 2am this morning, and as a result, a whole week's worth of posts on not only this thread, but on the whole site has been lost.

dodgesferrylogo_large.jpg
sorelllogo_large.jpg

Today is the 2006 SFL Regional League Grand Final between South Eastern rivals Dodges Ferry and Sorell.
In the driest winter to hit the state in 124 years, it's kind of ironic that on the big day, the heavens have opened and it has rained steadily at North Hobart on and off for the past 18 hours, but at present the sun is out, the sky although very nasty towards the mountain has cleared somewhat - hopefully the crowd won't be affected, but not a pleasant day for football it has to be said with the strong swirly winds.
At 1:15pm it is 10.2C at North Hobart with winds gusting to 30kmh SSE.

Seniors - 2:15pm
Dodges Ferry Sharks - Sorell Eagles

Reserves - 11:30am
Kermandie Robins - Sorell Eagles

Colts - 9:15am
Dodges Ferry Sharks - Sorell Eagles

AFLST Regional League
Senior Grand Final: Dodges Ferry 14.13 (97) - Sorell 13.9 (87)
Reserves Grand Final: Kermandie 17.8 (110) - Sorell 9.8 (62)
Colts Grand Final: Sorell 8.14 (62) - Dodges Ferry 7.11 (53)
Attendance: 3715 at North Hobart Oval.

AFLST Premier League
Senior Preliminary Final: Glenorchy 15.11 (101) - New Norfolk 11.12 (78)
Reserves Preliminary Final: Hobart Lions 12.10 (82) - Clarence 11.12 (78)
Colts Preliminary Final: Hobart Lions 15.13 (103) - New Norfolk 9.8 (62)
Attendance: 2500 at North Hobart Oval (Sunday)

NTFL
Senior 2nd Semi Final: Launceston 14.9 (93) - Devonport 9.20 (74)
Reserves 2nd Semi Final: Devonport 17.11 (113) - Smithton 8.5 (53)
Colts 2nd Semi Final: Devonport 13.11 (89) - Burnie Dockers 7.4 (46)
Attendance: 1502 at Devonport Oval.

Senior 1st Semi Final: North Launceston 20.8 (128) - Ulverstone 14.10 (94)
Reserves 1st Semi Final: North Launceston - Ulvestone
Colts 1st Semi Final: Wynyard - Launceston
Attendance: TBA at Ulverstone Recreation Ground.

NTFA - Division One
Senior 2nd Semi Final: George Town 13.10 (88) - Longford 8.10 (58)
Reserves 2nd Semi Final: Deloraine 8.7.55 - Longford 5.18 (48)
Colts 2nd Semi Final: Longford 20.11 (131) - Scottsdale Magpies 0.11 (11)
Attendance: 1200 at Youngtown Memorial Ground.

NTFA - Division Two
Senior Preliminary Final: University-Mowbray 20.11 (131) - St Patrick's 11.7 (73)
Reserves Preliminary Final: Old Launcestonians 22.12 (144) - University-Mowbray 5.9 (39)
Attendance: NFP at Rocherlea Oval

Old Scholars FA
Senior 1st Semi Final: University 8.9 (57) - OHA 5.11 (41)
Senior 2nd Semi Final: Hutchins 28.14 (182) - DOSA 6.15 (51)

Reserves 1st Semi Final: DOSA 11.6 (72) - Richmond 10.5 (65)
Reserves 2nd Semi Final: Hutchins 18.15 (123) - University 4.5 (29)
Attendance: FNP at Richmond Oval.

North Eastern FU
Senior Preliminary Final: Branxholm 15.7 (97) - Lilydale 9.12 (66)
Reserves Preliminary Final: Branxholm 10.11 (71) - Scottsdale Crows 9.6 (60)
Under 16's Preliminary Final: St Helens 11.1 (67) - Scottsdale Crows 8.14 (62)

North West FA
Senior Preliminary Final: East Ulverstone 14.13 (97) - Forth 12.13 (85)
Reserves Preliminary Final: Motton-Preston 14.21 (105) - East Ulverstone 9.8 (62)
Attendance: 900 at Maidstone Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingpin said:
AFLST Regional League
Senior Grand Final: Dodges Ferry 14.13 (97) - Sorell 13.9 (87)
Reserves Grand Final: Kermandie 17.8 (110) - Sorell 9.8 (62)
Colts Grand Final: Sorell 8.14 (62) - Dodges Ferry 7.11 (53)
Attendance: 3500 at North Hobart Oval.

AFLST Premier League
Senior Preliminary Final: Glenorchy - New Norfolk
Reserves Preliminary Final: Clarence - Hobart Lions
Colts Preliminary Final: New Norfolk - Hobart Lions
Attendance: TBA at North Hobart Oval (Sunday)

NTFL
Senior 2nd Semi Final: Launceston 14.9 (93) - Devonport 9.20 (74)
Reserves 2nd Semi Final: Devonport - Smithton
Colts 2nd Semi Final: Devonport - Burnie Dockers
Attendance: TBA at Devonport Oval.

NTFA - Division One
Senior 2nd Semi Final: George Town 13.10 (88) - Longford 8.10 (58)
Reserves 2nd Semi Final: Deloraine 8.7.55 - Longford 5.18 (48)
Colts 2nd Semi Final: Longford 20.11 (131) - Scottsdale Magpies 0.11 (11)

NTFA - Division Two
Senior Preliminary Final: University-Mowbray 20.11 (131) - St Patrick's 11.7 (73)
Reserves Preliminary Final: Old Launcestonians 22.12 (144) - University-Mowbray 5.9 (39)

An excellent game at North Hobart, Dodges had to fight tooth and nail to earn the win. Sorell got to within a goal on about 3/4 occasions in the last term, but Dodges steadied, and won the match 2 minutes from time.

Reserves - Was all square at 3/4 time, but Sorell only managed 2 points in the last term, as Kermandie romped in with an 8 goal rout in the last.

Colts - Not a pretty match, but Dodges could have won if they made the most of their opportunites, they kicked 1.7 in the last.

NTFA - George Town off to another GF, again!!

Deloraine off to the GF in the Reserves, YOU BEAUTY!!! Looks like I'm heading to Aurora Stadium on the 23rd of September :D

NTFA Colts - :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (I think that's all I want to say on that colts game)

and absolutely freezing :eek:

two blokes walked past me at the SuperRules game at Lindisfarne, and they were talking about BigFooty - if you're reading this, I wanna know who you are!

TigerFan said:
and absolutely freezing :eek:

two blokes walked past me at the SuperRules game at Lindisfarne, and they were talking about BigFooty - if you're reading this, I wanna know who you are!

Got better past 12pm yesterday, at least where I live.

Who was playing at Lindisfarne? Are there any more superrules games planned there? I used to enjoy the SOO ones I went to there and at Brighton in the past.

The Majestic said:
Got better past 12pm yesterday, at least where I live.

well I was at the ground, and it was bloody horrible all day :p

the footy was really good all day (apart from the last quarter of the reserves game), and the crowd was a decent size considering the weather, but the whole day didn't really feel like a grand final to be honest

I enjoyed it, but it simply didn't have that 'magic' you expect to feel on grand final day

Who was playing at Lindisfarne? Are there any more superrules games planned there? I used to enjoy the SOO ones I went to there and at Brighton in the past.

Lauderdale v Kingborough today. Kingborough didn't kick a goal after half time and went down by 7 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back