Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello ladies :)

all set for another year of irrelevant goss from Tasmania's most mediocre goal (and quite possibly soon-to-be field) umpire?

Hi there,
Long time reader, first time poster.
Just couldn't stand the dribble that comes from the keyboard of Tiger Fan!!
We put up with it last season and it looks as though we'll have to suffer through it again.
Dude, we know you're an umpire and we realise through your posts that you were one of those kids at school who had no friends and figured if you joined a group of outcasts, that you would no longer be one.
Guess what pal, that's not how the world works.
You are an A-grade di&*head!!!
And your posts are boring, irrelevent and uninsightful.
Get a new hobby .. stick to my space, where you can pretend to have all the friends you like.

Hi there,
Long time reader, first time poster.
Just couldn't stand the dribble that comes from the keyboard of Tiger Fan!!
We put up with it last season and it looks as though we'll have to suffer through it again.
Dude, we know you're an umpire and we realise through your posts that you were one of those kids at school who had no friends and figured if you joined a group of outcasts, that you would no longer be one.
Guess what pal, that's not how the world works.
You are an A-grade di&*head!!!
And your posts are boring, irrelevent and uninsightful.
Get a new hobby .. stick to my space, where you can pretend to have all the friends you like.
Takes all sorts BF God, the good part about this forum is the mixture of posters we have. If we agreed with everyone, couldn't have a go at anyone or everyone was completely sane it would be extremely boring. Tiger Fan has his place here along with everyone else.

heading down the highway for Central Hawks v Sorell this weekend - will be interested to see how Burdon's Hawks stack up against last year's grand finalists...

and speaking of the Regional League, I hear Michael Darcy's triumphant homecoming at Cygnet has netted him a cool $20,000. if I was him, and I was playing against some of the full backs in the Regional League, I'd have made the same 'cash for goals' agreement he had with Kingborough...

which sfl club is he aligned to?

that club should be getting a few games out of him, especiallyy at the start of the year

Am led to believe by someone who posted on here a few weeks ago that he has been aligned to Lauderdale.

Won't he be rapt with that in a few months if he's not getting a Devils game.

I recall the same happening to Alan Haw when he played Devils upon returning from Canberra - he was sent out to Brighton with the promise (from Footy Tas) that they were gonna be a competitive line up that season (2004).

I don't think a guy has ever been more misled and/or hated a season so much.

And monna, that's from a very, very good source!

If ya smell what the Rock is cookin'!

Can anyone tell me how Brody Johnson is going at the devils?
Struggled in the game against West Adelaide. He played in a practice match for Lauderdale and absolutley dominated so he will add some bite to their midfield. He seems happy enough down there from all accounts.

heading down the highway for Central Hawks v Sorell this weekend - will be interested to see how Burdon's Hawks stack up against last year's grand finalists...

and speaking of the Regional League, I hear Michael Darcy's triumphant homecoming at Cygnet has netted him a cool $20,000. if I was him, and I was playing against some of the full backs in the Regional League, I'd have made the same 'cash for goals' agreement he had with Kingborough...
He has struck a deal with a very substantial amount per goal I have heard, at least if he kicks 100 for the year it will be a fairly good bonus. Lets hope he kicks no where near 100.

Am led to believe by someone who posted on here a few weeks ago that he has been aligned to Lauderdale.

Won't he be rapt with that in a few months if he's not getting a Devils game.

I recall the same happening to Alan Haw when he played Devils upon returning from Canberra - he was sent out to Brighton with the promise (from Footy Tas) that they were gonna be a competitive line up that season (2004).

I don't think a guy has ever been more misled and/or hated a season so much.

And monna, that's from a very, very good source!

If ya smell what the Rock is cookin'!

Fair enough, can't correct you on this one. I was only playing my first couple of 1's games that year, and Alan didn't seem to fit in too well. The parting of ways probably did both parties some good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To WHOEVER is the person from AFL Tas who reads this forum for any topics that is detrimental for the Devils etc, can you please attempt or contact the person responsible to try and update the southernfootball.com.au website weekly and post the match previews and reviews, tribunal reports etc as it makes it a lot easier to keep in touch with what happens weekly etc for those unable to attend other games. Also Im sure it would be appreciated by a lot of this forums users. :thumbsu:
That website was a brilliant one a few years back with all that happening plus the blog section where people posted rumours and gossip etc. If you cant do this, then assign it to someone who is happy to do it.:) wishful thinking..............

Come on, Cadoras! Please be reasonable.

Those in positions of power at Argyle Street are far, FAR, too busy worrying about the Devils and the Devils alone to be the slightest bit interested in maintaining the supposed "official" Southern Football League website.

Like anyone in their right mind would want to waste their time with a website that covers such a lowly standard of football.

Not gonna get to rub shoulders with people from the AFL and AFL clubs in the Premier and Regional Leagues now are we?!

All that website is nowadays anyway is copies of SFL related stories that are in the Mercury, which we can read here anyway, compliments of that diehard Hobart Lions supporter, the King of the Pins!

Like I said Barge ....wishful thinking ..... Maybe our esteemed colleague Kingpin might be interested in taking over southernfootball.com.au ?

Like I said Barge ....wishful thinking ..... Maybe our esteemed colleague Kingpin might be interested in taking over southernfootball.com.au ?

I'd update the lot for them if they paid me a proper salary to do it.
Someone needs to, the whole trouble with it at the moment is, that when Dan Garlick owned it, it was his website and he was passionate and committed enough to work on it, keep improving it and he did a great job.
But now since AFL Tasmania have to do it, "Nnnyeah, might fill it in when I gitta chance..."
That's why it's sh*t.

I'd update the lot for them if they paid me a proper salary to do it.
Someone needs to, the whole trouble with it at the moment is, that when Dan Garlick owned it, it was his website and he was passionate and committed enough to work on it, keep improving it and he did a great job.
But now since AFL Tasmania have to do it, "Nnnyeah, might fill it in when I gitta chance..."
That's why it's sh*t.

If Garlick owned it, how come AFL Tas took it off him (I know you mentioned before that it was relinquished so that AFL Tas could control everything related to AFL Tas), they couldnt just take it off him if it was owned by Garlick and he wanted to keep it. (unless they paid him compensation)?

Is that the same Garlick thats involved in the Hobart FC website design? Not a good website that one, pretty hard on the eyes, all those bright colours!

If Garlick owned it, how come AFL Tas took it off him (I know you mentioned before that it was relinquished so that AFL Tas could control everything related to AFL Tas), they couldnt just take it off him if it was owned by Garlick and he wanted to keep it. (unless they paid him compensation)?
AFL decision allegedly, in that the AFL decreed that the official websites with AFL brandnames on them (NTAFL, AFLQ, ACTAFL etc) had to be operated by the governing bodies of the league/sport.
More than likely they (or the AFL) may have purchased it off him, or something in that regard, he may not have had the time to keep updating it on their behalf with OzVox becoming more busy too.

Cadoras said:
Is that the same Garlick thats involved in the Hobart FC website design? Not a good website that one, pretty hard on the eyes, all those bright colours!
No that one's owned and operated by Paul Hudson (not the footballer) who has been a Hobart supporter for about 40 years and he does it on a voluntary basis.
His son was at Hobart last year, but has mainly always been at Lauderdale.

It's been around since 1999, it used to be quite an excellent site and was the first club website in football down this way, maybe even the state.
Despite the fact that I haven't visited the site in several months, the colour arrangements were horrid, too busy in that it had way too many graphics and photos on the front page, too slow obviously to load up.
And to be quite frank, that guestbook on there is disgraceful and embarrassing to all concerned.

I warned him many years ago that it would cause trouble, especially after the kerfuffle caused by a poster on there naming the Tasmanian Police Commissioner Richard McCreadie's grand daughter in a very disparaging way, in which the site was nearly closed down as a result, but he has consistantly refused to remove it, and it continues to be a problem.

The quality of posters on that site, the literacy level is less than that of your average Grade 1 student, so I haven't bothered with the site in a long, long time.
I showed a mate who is a professional web-designer that site last year and he burst out laughing at it and claimed it to be one of the worst sites he'd ever clapped eyes on unfortunately.
I think I may have been banned for abusing Phillip Baker on there (with my real name mind you) about 2 years back in any case.

Shame really, because it used to be very good, visually easy on the eye and contained quality info, ran smoothly and very welcoming.
I'm quite surprised he's let it fall to the point of what it's like nowdays because he's a much better web designer than that site credits him.

Cadoras,
Just on the theme of websites, came across a site that can find old, no longer in use websites and retrieve them.
The old SFL site was on the old SFL Footy Show website, that was originally known as the Huon Footy Show which originated back in 1993, became the SFL Footy Show in 1998 and had its own website called Footy Radio which had the SFL guestbook on it.
They actually broadcast SFL matches back in 2000 and 2001 but ran out of money to continue and eventually drifted away.
Here's some thumbnails of parts of old SFL websites.

And finally, here's one you'll love - the first Devils website - biggest bunch of user-unfriendly crap that was ever invented.
Some thing's never change!

Cadoras,
Just on the theme of websites, came across a site that can find old, no longer in use websites and retrieve them.
The old SFL site was on the old SFL Footy Show website, that was originally known as the Huon Footy Show which originated back in 1993, became the SFL Footy Show in 1998 and had its own website called Footy Radio which had the SFL guestbook on it.
They actually broadcast SFL matches back in 2000 and 2001 but ran out of money to continue and eventually drifted away.

I remember those two websites - they werent too bad, considering the net wasnt that big back then.

And finally, here's one you'll love - the first Devils website - biggest bunch of user-unfriendly crap that was ever invented.
Some thing's never change! HEAR HEAR!

Do any of the old websites that you have managed to track down still work or are they just photos of what they looked like?

Cadoras,

http://img452.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sflfrontpage2000qs6.jpg http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sflguestbook2000kw6.jpg http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sflfrontpage2001wo2.jpg http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sflrumourspage2001ub9.jpg http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sflfrontpage2002or0.jpg http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sflfrontpage2003ze2.jpg
http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devilswebsitehy4.jpg

Is this the site you use KP http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

http://web.archive.org/web/20000817211112/http://www.footyradio.com.au/

Is anyone able to get hold of scores for todays sfl scores while I'm on the road at work?
Can't get along to a game unfortunaltely today:mad:

Do any of the old websites that you have managed to track down still work or are they just photos of what they looked like?
Some do have workable page links but others don't, it's a bit of a lottery really.
I tried the old Hobart website when it was on a Freeservers host, but no dice, and the site has always had a front page whereby you had to click on a pic of the TCA Ground gates to enter, or the logo to enter, and unfortunately I couldn't access past that point with them.

Roorat - got it one :p :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back