Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As silly as it sounds I think the dee's would be better off without him.
Having watched the dees a few times over the years he only looks after himself. He calls for the ball in all the wrong spots and then goes off at blokes for not giving it to him.
I am also lead to believe he isn't going to play in the forward line for them this year too, so where are they going to play a bloke who is as slow as a wet week and likes to get the easy ball out the back of the play all the time???
He isn't quick enough for midfield.
And he doesn't man up.

mmm wonder where he'll play???

He hasnt played in the forward line every week for a few years now. He plays alot of footy around halfback as a floating sweeper waiting for the hands out from a pack and being used as the creative release player. He isnt too bad at this role actually as he has a very good footy brain and intimidates alot of young blokes who line up on him in a HFF, which tends to stop any intial athletic advantages they may have ova him.

He hasnt played in the forward line every week for a few years now. He plays alot of footy around halfback as a floating sweeper waiting for the hands out from a pack and being used as the creative release player. He isnt too bad at this role actually as he has a very good footy brain and intimidates alot of young blokes who line up on him in a HFF, which tends to stop any intial athletic advantages they may have ova him.
he plays this role well. if it doesn,t good option to sit him in a pocket along side blokes like cox,de gooyer or clark,he,ll always bag a few each game.

interesting write-up in Saturday's Mockery about the shortage of umpires in Southern Tasmania. WIN News reporter Roger Oldridge (a known BigFooty user if memory serves me correctly) made an appearance at training last night too, although I'm not sure if his story is related

anyway, point is, if you're thinking about taking the plunge, DO IT

doesn't matter if you're a no-talent hack - in fact, you'll fit in even better! :D

seriously though guys, one of the main gripes in football (not just Tasmanian football) is the quality of umpiring, and the only way we can raise the bar is by bringing in new blood and broadening our base of decent umpires. if not, your Senior team will likely be umpired by an older umpire who is past his use-by date, or, even worse, a **** young umpire who's umpiring Senior football for lack of better options

do something about it.

spread the word - cos if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Cheers,
TF

Does anyone think that the sports administrators in Tasmania have no idea. I can't believe that in a place of Tasmania's size that they can't get local cricket grade rosters and local football rosters separate.:mad:
Why does for example NTCA cricket and NTFL football continue to overlap. Some NTFL clubs last week had to double players up in u/18's and reserves to field teams due to players playing in cricket finals. :(
Even worse is that last weekend in Launceston, all Launie based teams played at home! Talk about flooding the market! :confused:I suppose the reasons for this are that the North West Clubs grounds were being used for cricket grand finals ie. Latrobe and Devonport Ovals.
The problem is no body communicates with each other they are all in it for themselves, and not for the good of their players and the general community.
What is happening in Hobart? I believe the TCA finals were delayed due to the Pura Cup, but is it the norm for these finals to be played before Footy Starts?

Does anyone think that the sports administrators in Tasmania have no idea. I can't believe that in a place of Tasmania's size that they can't get local cricket grade rosters and local football rosters separate.:mad:
Why does for example NTCA cricket and NTFL football continue to overlap. Some NTFL clubs last week had to double players up in u/18's and reserves to field teams due to players playing in cricket finals. :(
Even worse is that last weekend in Launceston, all Launie based teams played at home! Talk about flooding the market! :confused:I suppose the reasons for this are that the North West Clubs grounds were being used for cricket grand finals ie. Latrobe and Devonport Ovals.
The problem is no body communicates with each other they are all in it for themselves, and not for the good of their players and the general community.
What is happening in Hobart? I believe the TCA finals were delayed due to the Pura Cup, but is it the norm for these finals to be played before Footy Starts?

The TCA finals finish this weekend, with footy starting next weekend (why would you start the season on easter weekend??).

Don't reckon he'd leave North. Why would he go to Lindisfarne, even with the lure of a dollar? He looked reasonably fit....well, as fit as he gets.

I was talking to his uncle last night, he's staying at North.
Was offered the equivalent of the GDP of a small country to play at Lindisfarne and seriously thought about it, but the fact that he's been at North Hobart since Under 8's was the over-riding factor in him staying with the Dees.
Probably be his last year.

Chance of Trent Bartlett playing for Deloraine this weekend. Cresswell thinks he needs match fitness and requested he play. This is a complete opposite of other years when even if available he would't be released to play for us. Will help if he does as we have about half our senior list missing due to injury or other reasons, but will give us a chance to see what some of the fringe players can step up and do.

Was offered the equivalent of the GDP of a small country to play at Lindisfarne and seriously thought about it, but the fact that he's been at North Hobart since Under 8's was the over-riding factor in him staying with the Dees.

From what i have heard, he was going to be Lindisfarne's saviour, they may struggle now. Does anyone know if they have picked anyone up to fill the large void left by Cassidy and Goodsells? We have them round 2 and it could be a chance to sneak a win...

from what i,ve seen of devine at this early stage, he looks fitter[if thats possible] than he has been for years. reckon he will be around for a few years yet.

Chance of Trent Bartlett playing for Deloraine this weekend. Cresswell thinks he needs match fitness and requested he play. This is a complete opposite of other years when even if available he would't be released to play for us. Will help if he does as we have about half our senior list missing due to injury or other reasons, but will give us a chance to see what some of the fringe players can step up and do.

Dont be surprised if he lines up for a team around Hobart this year.;)

From what i have heard, he was going to be Lindisfarne's saviour, they may struggle now. Does anyone know if they have picked anyone up to fill the large void left by Cassidy and Goodsells? We have them round 2 and it could be a chance to sneak a win...

They have lost a couple to OHA as well, but have picked up Aaron Hilder from Glenorchy, Mark Kamaric from Glen/Oatlands and Todd Willing. Will be interesting to see how they go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

on a completely unrelated matter does anyone have an ODFA roster, or at least know when the first round is and who plays who ?

on a completely unrelated matter does anyone have an ODFA roster, or at least know when the first round is and who plays who ?

1st games are tomorrow.

Mt Pleasant v Ross @ Mt P
Campania v Swansea @ Campania
Bye: Woodsdale

I have the complete roster at home.

Hawks playing Uni over 6 quarters at Uni starting 12.30pm tomorrow.

Should be an interesting game.

Cheers Ozguy - don't suppose if you know if swansea are playing at home next week ? - or maybe the ODFA have enough sense not to play over easter !

Hey how about the 2 co captains of the devils.

Should I mention it again about 1 of them ????

Whoops Mr AFLTAS might get it deleted AGAIN.
Go devils and keep cool with Ice packs in the hot weather.

Cheers Ozguy - don't suppose if you know if swansea are playing at home next week ? - or maybe the ODFA have enough sense not to play over easter !

Definitely play over easter. I will post the next couple weeks when I get my hands on the roster tonight.

Hey has anyone heard from WCL, have not seen him post a thread for ages?

Kingpin, you going to watch the Lions this year ?

Last logged into Bigfooty March 28th 2007, posts mainly on the AFL Canberra forum.
Last posted on this thread 21st September 2006.

Not until this
img5846.jpg
and the Tiger are back up there :)

How did the ODFA teams go today?

Mt Pleasant beat Ross by about 30. Greg Dare jobbed Darren Kaye.

Swansea was in front against Campania 87-2 around half time. A good effort for Campania considering Swansea are the raging premiership favourites.

Mt Pleasant beat Ross by about 30. Greg Dare jobbed Darren Kaye.
How many people does that make now that have tapped Kaye's beak?

Remember once when Kaye and his old man got into a bit of strife at the Kentish, Kaye ended up with a broken nose and two nice shiners and his old man had half his false teeth missing after trying to bite a Birchall finger and breaking them (had to superglue them together when the barman found them the next day)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back