Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he has to follow blindly like a sheep?

Most umpires I know are allowed to have independent thought.

And I don't even wanna say what your last line makes you sound like.

It's great to have TigerFan on Big Footy, don't get me wrong. It would be to great to have more Orang-Utans on here, to explain some of the crazy decisions they make during a game. It also adds another dimension to Big Footy. But like Dockerboy said you don't see any football players bagging out fellow team mates or their club. I think the last line might make him an umpire!!!

Yes all umpires are allowed to have independent thought! Its just a matter of if you slag off your association or not!! You dont see footballers on here paying out there own team mates and team so why would umpires who are the 3rd team on the ground! And even if they did want to pay out the umpires isn't it a bit dumb to make ureself known??

now now, let's not confuse my attitude toward Tony Gibson with my attitude toward the association in general

oh, forgot to mention, I'm off to Oatlands :)eek:) tomorrow

Central Hawks should smash Claremont in both games, but I'm really curious to see what the facilities and atmosphere are gonna be like up there

should be an interesting day

Rainbird reckons he will be fine up there without the others( he truely loves himself) hope the pressure doesnt get to him as it will make him look like a dumb ass all the yappin his been doin bout himself.
heard matty smith is never surpose to play footy again, but he thinkin bout still puttin boots on, stupid i think, one hit in the eye socket again could cause some damage.

Never looked like a dumb ass your self Hawk Lady?

oh, forgot to mention, I'm off to Oatlands :)eek:) tomorrow

Central Hawks should smash Claremont in both games, but I'm really curious to see what the facilities and atmosphere are gonna be like up there

should be an interesting day

Facilities are pretty good. Clubrooms aren't huge, but they are reasonably modern.

Atmosphere should be rockin, especially for the first home game of the year. Will put the quiet Sorell crowd to shame.

And the Seniors could be closer than you predict. They match up well against us.

If you read my post not long after the one from LFC you would notice that the Hawks haven't got ahead of themselves in the slightest. It was a comment from an umpire about look out for the Hawks, not from us. And I have also noticed that LFC hasn't replied to my post about how he expected the Hawks to go last year and last week.

So please make sure you at least address your comments to the right people.

It's great to have TigerFan on Big Footy, don't get me wrong. It would be to great to have more Orang-Utans on here, to explain some of the crazy decisions they make during a game. It also adds another dimension to Big Footy.
It's good to have lots of different people on the site :thumbsu:
Jasar said:
But like Dockerboy said you don't see any football players bagging out fellow team mates or their club. I think the last line might make him an umpire!!!
Not so much on this thread no, some of the Vic country threads used to have a bit of that going on, no-one was spared :p

I noticed flicking through the Online Advocate that the proposed State Premiership between the premiers of the SFL and NTFL has been put on ice because of a lack of organisation between the two bodies.

Playing it as a curtain raiser to the Devils would be a complete load of shit in my opinion, totally downgrading the day and the meaning of the match.
It would be nice to see football working together to make something work one day....

Article located Here

Playing it as a curtain raiser to the Devils would be a complete load of shit in my opinion, totally downgrading the day and the meaning of the match.
It would be nice to see football working together to make something work one day....

Article located Here
They probably have got it about right for curtain raisers for devils games, my eight year old gets his first game at Aurora on the 28th, will probably be more interesting than the main game.
Shows what esteem SFL and NTFL comps are held in when a clash of Premiers only rates suggestion of a curtainraiser, though it would be the best crowd the Devils would get all year.

It's good to have lots of different people on the site :thumbsu:

Don't get me wrong i also think its Fantastic that we can have TigerFan on here and keeping the football world up to date from the umpiring side of things! I just believe some of the things that he is saying are far to harsh towards the umpiring association and should think through before typing.

Maybe you say these things TigerFan because your a little angry with your appointments?? Anyone with a bit of talent would deff be getting observed by various coaches in prem league or state wide (back then) but you seem to be shunted away in the bush all the time?? That tells me that you dont really have much potential. Sorry to put it so bluntly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong i also think its Fantastic that we can have TigerFan on here and keeping the football world up to date from the umpiring side of things! I just believe some of the things that he is saying are far to harsh towards the umpiring association and should think through before typing.

once again, you're confusing my attitude toward certain members with my attitude toward the association in general

Maybe you say these things TigerFan because your a little angry with your appointments?? Anyone with a bit of talent would deff be getting observed by various coaches in prem league or state wide (back then) but you seem to be shunted away in the bush all the time?? That tells me that you dont really have much potential. Sorry to put it so bluntly

come on, you can't be serious?

if you're expecting me to take the bait, you will be sorely disappointed.

I noticed flicking through the Online Advocate that the proposed State Premiership between the premiers of the SFL and NTFL has been put on ice because of a lack of organisation between the two bodies.

]A friend of mine went and watched the devils, and he told me the game between CLARENCE< and HOBART was shortened by 7 or 8 minutes in the last quarter. I wonder what would happen if scores were tied, or really close.

Scores/results from todays games anyone :- Regionals, NTFA div 2, ODFA?

The 'Farne downed Channel by about 160 Pts

Jesus, how many did Tubby kick out of their 39.9 today, Cad?

Hawks by ten goals over Claremont,
Sorell over Kermandie at Geeveston,
Cygnet in a canter over the Triabunna Kangaroos,
Huonville over Dodges Ferry,

Clarence over Hobart,
North Hobart over Brighton,
Glenorchy over New Norfolk,
Lauderdale over Kingborough.

Can't remember all the NTFL and NTFA scores off the news but North L'ton (I think) had a mammoth win over the hapless East Devonport Swans.

But the highlight for me was this blunder from WIN News. They've put these scores up:

Longford 13.8.86
Deloraine 13.9.87

Colin McNiff comes on just before 6pm with "Footy Update" (or something along those lines) a basic wrap of the scores from around the state, and says "Longford just getting over the top of Deloraine."

I thought "Hang on, that's not what your scores say!"

Well bugger me, if the young fella reading the sports news half an hour later doesn't say the exact same thing to the exact same score!

UNPROFESSIONAL!

Wouldn't happen if Me or Kingpin or Wilbur35 or Cadoras or TigerFlagWavingOrangeParasite..Fan were running things in Main Road, New Town!

Would never have happened in Peter Sharp's day!

If he's in the 2pm game then all spectators are advised to take a packed lunch as the canteen will no doubt sell out very early in the Reserves fixture, because a big body like that needs fuel!

You'll love this Wilbur35 - Craig "Ross Jnr" Grace has today fronted me to take umbridge with my comments of the other day.

He's playing in the early game, it's half time, so he should clearly be in the rooms, where has he taken his frustrations out upon me?

IN THE CANTEEN LINE!

May I add I was only there to get something to eat for my Daughter!

I have a witness to this too - I spent the day with former DOSA and OHA utility Martin Absolom!

He was there to present the Martin Absolom Sheild to the winning side!

Jesus, how many did Tubby kick out of their 39.9 today, Cad?

He kicked a few, Proud kicked a few, most of it was shared out between their running players and crumbers.

Not making excuses for Channels performance but it was a lot better than last weeks debacle. We had no bench in the last quarter due to injuries which made it a bit awkward.

This was on top of six withdrawals before the game from last weeks side.

The first quarter was only two points or so difference so when the Saints play well, they are able to match it.

Ill leave it to Jelly to give his version when he goes back to work on Monday.

So yeah any final scores?
Haven't been able to find anything yet, kept checking and hoping Kingpin had posted them.
But I did find these.......:)
What's the worst thing that can happen to an umpire when he gets home after a game?
  • His guide dog bites him.
Why are umpires so useful to society in their day jobs?
  • Because speed humps can slow traffic and save lives.
What's the hardest decision an umpire has to make after a game?
  • Which white cane to pick up in the dressing room.
What do you call a good umpire?
  • Rare.
How many umpires does it take to change a light bulb?
  • None, being able to see anything clearly has no relevance to their lives.
What do you call an umpire with an IQ greater than his shoe size?
  • Gifted.
An umpire went to heaven. On arriving at the Pearly Gates, St. Peter asked him if he had done anything wrong in his life. He replied that he was umpiring a game between Richmond and Carlton at the MCG. With just a few minutes to go, and with Richmond 104-102 up, he gave a free kick to Carlton in front of the Richmond Members Stand. 'But', he said, 'it wasn't really a free kick'. St Peter said to him, 'when was this?'. The umpire looked down at his watch and said 'about 35 seconds ago'.

A football player dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, "Ah, you're a football player -- you're in the wrong place." So, the football player reports to the gates of hell and is let in. Pretty soon, the football player gets dissatisfied with the lack of football fields in hell, and starts building and marking out numerous fields of play. After a while, they've got League competitions, Australian standard grounds and flush toilets and free admission, and the football player is a pretty popular guy.
One day, God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?"
Satan replies, "Hey, things are going great. We've got League Competitions, Australian standard football grounds and flush toilets and free admission, and there's no telling what this football player is going to come up with next."
God replies, "What??? You've got a football player? That's a mistake -- he should never have gotten down there; send him up here."
Satan says, "No way. I like having a football player on the staff, and I'm keeping him."
God says, "Send him back up here or I'll have you reported!"
Satan laughs uproariously and answers, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get an umpire?"

You'll love this Wilbur35 - Craig "Ross Jnr" Grace has today fronted me to take umbridge with my comments of the other day.

He's playing in the early game, it's half time, so he should clearly be in the rooms, where has he taken his frustrations out upon me?

IN THE CANTEEN LINE!

May I add I was only there to get something to eat for my Daughter!

I have a witness to this too - I spent the day with former DOSA and OHA utility Martin Absolom!

He was there to present the Martin Absolom Sheild to the winning side!

:D He said he might catch up with you.....guess he knew exactly where to look!!

Rainbird reckons he will be fine up there without the others( he truely loves himself) hope the pressure doesnt get to him as it will make him look like a dumb ass all the yappin his been doin bout himself.

surely this isn't the same Justin Rainbird who made his field umpiring debut at Oatlands yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back