Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just down at geilston bay watching my brother in the u'17s , i happend to spot what i think was the hobart senior team running up and down the bank on the high school ground, i got there at 9 and they were just about finished so i dont know what time they started. it would seem the coach was dishing out a bit of punishment for there performance yesterday.

VFL - Round 2
Tasmania Devils v Geelong
Geelong 21.13.139 - Tasmania Devils 10.12.72
At Bellerive Oval.

SFL Premier League - Round 2
Clarence v Hobart Lions
{Sen} Clarence 18.11.119 - Hobart Lions 8.11.59
{Res} Clarence 16.16.112 - Hobart Lions 7.7.49
{U18} To Play Sunday.
At Bellerive Oval.

New Norfolk v Glenorchy
{Sen} Glenorchy 13.12.90 - New Norfolk 7.14.56
{Res} New Norfolk 15.7.97 - Glenorchy 8.10.58
{U18} Glenorchy 26.16.172 - New Norfolk 1.2.8
At Boyer Oval.

Brighton v North Hobart
{Sen} North Hobart 23.14.152 - Brighton 11.12.78
{Res} North Hobart 24.17.161 - Brighton 5.6.36
(U18} North Hobart 24.15.159 - Brighton 4.4.28
At Pontville Oval.

Kingborough v Lauderdale
{Sen} Lauderdale 20.21.141 - Kingborough 13.7.85
{Res} Kingborough 12.9.81 - Lauderdale 11.8.74
{U18} Kingborough 18.13.121 - Lauderdale 4.9.33
At Kingston Beach Oval.

SFL Regional League - Round 2
Lindisfarne v Channel
{Sen} Lindisfarne 39.9.243 - Channel 13.5.83
{Res} Lindisfarne 23.14.152 - Channel 13.5.83
{U17} No Match.
At Anzac Park.

Central Hawks v Claremont
{Sen} Central Hawks 25.13.163 - Claremont 13.12.90
{Res} Central Hawks 22.14.146 - Claremont 6.6.42
{U17} No Match.
At Oatlands Oval.

Huonville Lions v Dodges Ferry
{Sen} Huonville Lions 17.15.117 - Dodges Ferry 14.14.98
{Res} Dodges Ferry 12.12.84 - Huonville Lions 10.12.72
{U17} Dodges Ferry 5.8.38 - Huonville Lions 5.6.36
At Huonville Recreation Ground.

Kermandie v Sorell
{Sen} Sorell 17.19.121 - Kermandie 11.9.75
{Res} Sorell 26.21.177 - Kermandie 3.2.20
{U17} Sorell 15.21.111 - Kermandie 2.4.16
At Geeveston Oval.

Cygnet v Triabunna
{Sen} Cygnet 25.28.178 - Triabunna 7.2.44
{Res} Cygnet 29.13.187 - Triabunna 9.4.58
{U17} Cygnet 22.11.143 - Triabunna 1.1.7
At Cygnet Recreation Ground.

NTFL - Round 4
Burnie v Latrobe
{Sen} Not Provided.
{Res} Not Provided.
{U19} Not Provided.
Attendance: NFP at West Park.

Launceston v Penguin
{Sen} Not Provided.
{Res} Not Provided.
{U19} Not Provided.
Attendance: NFP at Windsor Park.

Devonport v Smithton
{Sen} Not Provided.
{Res} Not Provided.
{U19} Not Provided.
Attendance: NFP at Devonport Oval.

North Launceston v East Devonport
{Sen} Not Provided.
{Res} Not Provided.
{U19} Not Provided.
Attendance: NFP at Aurora Stadium.

Ulverstone v Wynyard
{Sen} Not Provided.
{Res} Not Provided.
{U19} Not Provided.
Attendance: NFP at Ulverstone Recreation Ground.

Old Scholars FA - Round 2
Hutchins v St Virgil's
{Sen} Hutchins 37.16.238 - St Virgil's 8.9.57
{Res} Hutchins 13.14.92 - St Virgil's 7.8.50
At New Town Oval.

University v Richmond
{Sen} University 14.12.96 - Richmond 8.16.64
{Res} University 27.23.185 - Richmond 6.3.39
At University Of Tasmania Ground.

DOSA v OHA
{Sen} DOSA 20.19.139 - OHA 11.14.80
{Res} DOSA 10.15.75 - OHA 12.2.74
At Cadbury's Oval.

Oatlands District FA - Round 3
Swansea v Woodsdale
{Sen} Swansea 13.9.87 - Woodsdale 10.14.74
Mt Pleasant v Campania
{Sen} Mt Pleasant 36.15.231 - Campania 4.6.30

NTFL and NTFA scores not even published by the Mercury was pretty pathetic really.
Demonstrating a great regard for local sport as per usual.
One of our Northern posters might have to provide those. :)

He kicked a few, Proud kicked a few, most of it was shared out between their running players and crumbers.

Not making excuses for Channels performance but it was a lot better than last weeks debacle. We had no bench in the last quarter due to injuries which made it a bit awkward.

This was on top of six withdrawals before the game from last weeks side.

The first quarter was only two points or so difference so when the Saints play well, they are able to match it.

Ill leave it to Jelly to give his version when he goes back to work on Monday.

Yes, we did certainly get pumped. There were a number of contributing factors:

1) They are better than us
2) We had 6 players (including captain and 2 others in our best half dozen) pull out from last weekend.
3) Our starting rover and centreman were both injured in the first quarter.
4) How often does a team kick 39 goals from 48 scoring shots... They were kicking them from everywhere...
5) We only had 15 players in the last quarter due to injuries (and one of them couldn't run).

So, yes it a floggin, and they are better than us, but teh scoreline was not a true indication. We were actually quite competitive for most of the game (we led at quarter time) but had everything against us. We played better than last week, pity we have to play Dodges this week who will be hoping to rebound from a shock loss to huonville.

These are not excuses either, it is just my opinion...

Also, we are missing Cadoras badly, he may have made the difference in the 2's...

:D He said he might catch up with you.....guess he knew exactly where to look!!

Don't worry, I knew he wouldn't be far away.

Tried to tell me in the last 24 hours he was south of 100kg.

Who does he thnk he's kidding?

I must have punched him too hard at Gagebrook Primary way back in 1986 and it's a case of a delayed-by-21-years concussion that is playing tricks on his brain!

Christ, I would have thought marrying a Claremont girl would have smartened him up after all these years!

Obviously not!

NTFL
Burnie 111
Latrobe 71

Ulverstone 145
Wynyard 88

Nth L'ton 252
East D'port 32

Devonport 200
Smithton 90

Launceston 118
Penguin 82

NTFA
Bracknell 137
Bridgenorth 77

Deloraine 87
Longford 86

Scottsdale 129
Hillwood 48

George Town 125
Rocherlea 49

Div. 2
Fingal Valley 165
St Pats 69

Old LTons 131
Tamar Cats 99

Uni-Mowbray 235
Campbell Town 39

Old Scotch 156
Perth 60

What does everyone think about young Andrew Weeding who decided to moon the huonville social club when he was red carded on saturday muhahaha?

Re tigerfan!
Woooooooooooooooo I bumped into my old umpiring buddy Bodgey Carmichael the other day and lets just say i told him about the horrible comments being posted on here about his fellow umpires.........
needless to say Bodge has decided on thursday night that this young tiger fan will be unavailable for 6 to 8 weeks due to the fact he wont be able to pick up the sticks..........
i love my old mate bodgey!

wooooooooo tiger fan will have brown undies...............

What does everyone think about young Andrew Weeding who decided to moon the huonville social club when he was red carded on saturday muhahaha?
That was an interesting one, do you know why he got sent off in the first place?
I assume he won't be playing this week against us, and i doubt he will play in their 1's side again this year, can't imagine the coach would want that sort of behaviour in his side...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re tigerfan!
Woooooooooooooooo I bumped into my old umpiring buddy Bodgey Carmichael the other day and lets just say i told him about the horrible comments being posted on here about his fellow umpires.........
needless to say Bodge has decided on thursday night that this young tiger fan will be unavailable for 6 to 8 weeks due to the fact he wont be able to pick up the sticks..........

Now wouldn't it be better for everyone if you got a life?:rolleyes:

Rainbird reckons he will be fine up there without the others( he truely loves himself) hope the pressure doesnt get to him as it will make him look like a dumb ass all the yappin his been doin bout himself.
heard matty smith is never surpose to play footy again, but he thinkin bout still puttin boots on, stupid i think, one hit in the eye socket again could cause some damage.

So hawk lady who do you think you are??? where do you get the audacity to sit on the site line and criticise Rainbird? He is a bloody damn good footballer and deserves every penny he gets for playing!

He would have been silly to even to have contemplated playing second class football for the Central Hawks when he can play in the Premier League a the top level and be noticed.
Get your facts right love and see where he ended up last year after his first successful season back with the Norfolk Eagles. Stop whinging and find something constructive to criticise about ... that's if you really know what your on about.

A few thumpings in the NTFA div. 2!! Will Uni-Mowbray be that good or were Campbell Town that poor..... I went down to Hobart for the weekend and was unable to watch any footy up here, dissapointing. How did your Old Scotch boys look Thistle, scoreboard says it went ok!! How did all your new recruits fair?

Re tigerfan!

Hope your mate "Bodgey" has the sense to read the posts and decide for himself, as far as I can see there hasn't been too much of a defamatory nature posted by TigerFan. Does this mean all identitys must remain a secret in case we post the wrong thing(as I am apt to do after a few drinks) in case someone dobs us in? Might have to introduce a new rule; What goes on in the forum stays in the forum.

Re tigerfan!
Bodgey Carmichael! Jesus there's a blast from the past.
He used to umpire Hobart games when they first came into the SFL, he'd be a fair age now wouldn't he?
I remember nearly being arrested for a spray I gave him and his offsider at the TCA one day :p

PS: What 'horrible comments' of TigerFan's are you referring too?
Please quote them for all to see.

A few thumpings in the NTFA div. 2!! Will Uni-Mowbray be that good or were Campbell Town that poor..... I went down to Hobart for the weekend and was unable to watch any footy up here, dissapointing. How did your Old Scotch boys look Thistle, scoreboard says it went ok!! How did all your new recruits fair?

Rumour has it that recently signed and mildly expensive old scotch player Glenn Balmforth carved up in his debut match for the collegians after making the move across the state from the Glenorchy under 19's premiership side.

i was just down at geilston bay watching my brother in the u'17s , i happend to spot what i think was the hobart senior team running up and down the bank on the high school ground, i got there at 9 and they were just about finished so i dont know what time they started. it would seem the coach was dishing out a bit of punishment for there performance yesterday.

That would've been the Hobart Under 18's mate, their 4ths and 3rds played at Gielston Bay yesterday against Clarence.
Apparently the thirds went down to Clarence by 12 points.

Does anyone know much about this young Santi fella? Kicked 10 for the Glenorchy u19, apparently he is only 15 or something... Some massive wraps on him from what i have heard. Another is young Adam Green at Kingston unger 15. Watched him play y'day, would have had 50 touches, kicks well on both feet, just has to grow a bit. Also, jordan Lovell is another young jet, he gave us a thumping a couple of weeks ago...

I laughed out loud when I read about this in the paper today. :D
Would've been at the little wooden players bench right in front of the Huonville Cricket Stand there, I can just imagine the comments!

Needless to say, I don't think Danny Ling would be too rapt to see a bloke in his side doing that, and it might be back to the two's for him for awhile.

why would I be asked to umpire at Triabunna if I was already pulling a double-header in Sorell?

and frankly, I wouldn't help Tony Gibson if he had beer-flavoured nipples

gee there is 1 i found.............my point is it is hard enough to find umpires that are willing to do the field duties let alone have a small fella in the goals bag them out............why bring up personal issues on here?
i heard tiger fan wanted to do the field but fell over head first whilst practicing with gibbo and has since not bothered cos he got a fat lip from his whistle.........not sure if that is true though!!!
i might take up the whistle to see THURSDAY NIGHT FIGHT NIGHT with bodge and tiger fan....lol....that would get a heap of new umpires up there..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back