Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, how many did Tubby kick out of their 39.9 today, Cad?

Hawks by ten goals over Claremont,
Sorell over Kermandie at Geeveston,
Cygnet in a canter over the Triabunna Kangaroos,
Huonville over Dodges Ferry,

Clarence over Hobart,
North Hobart over Brighton,
Glenorchy over New Norfolk,
Lauderdale over Kingborough.

Can't remember all the NTFL and NTFA scores off the news but North L'ton (I think) had a mammoth win over the hapless East Devonport Swans.

But the highlight for me was this blunder from WIN News. They've put these scores up:

Longford 13.8.86
Deloraine 13.9.87

Colin McNiff comes on just before 6pm with "Footy Update" (or something along those lines) a basic wrap of the scores from around the state, and says "Longford just getting over the top of Deloraine."

I thought "Hang on, that's not what your scores say!"

Well bugger me, if the young fella reading the sports news half an hour later doesn't say the exact same thing to the exact same score!

UNPROFESSIONAL!

Wouldn't happen if Me or Kingpin or Wilbur35 or Cadoras or TigerFlagWavingOrangeParasite..Fan were running things in Main Road, New Town!

Would never have happened in Peter Sharp's day!
good on ya barge why don,t ya tune into southern x for all the scores & h,lites. oh thats right they don,t have em

You can't seriously call the footage they show on WIN "highlights"? They show a short piece of footage from 1, maybe 2 games and whether there is a "highlight" depends on the timing of the filming. Coverage is c r * p.

Southern X do actually provide the results in a special report later by the way....with the correct results.

You can't seriously call the footage they show on WIN "highlights"? They show a short piece of footage from 1, maybe 2 games and whether there is a "highlight" depends on the timing of the filming. Coverage is c r * p.

Southern X do actually provide the results in a special report later by the way....with the correct results.
in the short time i,ve been accessing this site i,ve noticed one thing about you wilbur. you bag,slag whine& WHINGE ABOUT EVERYTHING. have you anything positive to say about anything.

Constructive Criticism - that's what I love ... you have obviously looked up the meaning instead of paying out about crap. He as quoted yesterday, is a good footballer. Honestly how well do you know of Rainbird?? He is not full of himself, give yourself a chance to get to know this man, he is the complete perfect man anyone would love to have around his children, his football club, there workplace and if anything doesn't give himself any credit for how good he actually is. He is no way anything of a big head that is full of himself. He would be an ideal coach whether it was regional, premier or junior footy league - at least he has a reputation for a good, honest, clean and reliable player. Tell me who you don't know in footy that hasn't left a club for more coin??? And yes, before you go on - he may have regretted it, but that's life - we all do and make decisions along the way that we all regret ... Maybe oneday when you know the real Rainbird, you may have something nice to say.

Constructive Criticism - that's what I love ... you have obviously looked up the meaning instead of paying out about crap. He as quoted yesterday, is a good footballer. Honestly how well do you know of Rainbird?? He is not full of himself, give yourself a chance to get to know this man, he is the complete perfect man anyone would love to have around his children, his football club, there workplace and if anything doesn't give himself any credit for how good he actually is. He is no way anything of a big head that is full of himself. He would be an ideal coach whether it was regional, premier or junior footy league - at least he has a reputation for a good, honest, clean and reliable player. Tell me who you don't know in footy that hasn't left a club for more coin??? And yes, before you go on - he may have regretted it, but that's life - we all do and make decisions along the way that we all regret ... Maybe oneday when you know the real Rainbird, you may have something nice to say.
Mrs Rainbird???:D

No sorry Roorat, not Mrs Rainbird? Don't know the lady. Is this the mother, wife or who? You've lost me half a k down race track.

Na. I'm just an honest person that say's it how it is. Can't help it if people like the Hawk Lady don't like the truth. A team mate ... nah not that either. Just believe in giving credit when and where it's due ... as I'm sure you would with your chidlren playing sport. Maybe my title instead of Rooster fan should be headed up "Getting it Straight". Just a passionate and supportive foot fan! Not just of Rainbird either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a top bloke ofl Chooka, always up for a chat when i see him out on the p1ss. He was a gun player when he was at Kingston, seems to have dropped off a little in the last couple of seasons but a very talented footballer.

By the way, any bets on where Bowring will play next year? he hasn't got many left until he's got the full SFL set of socks and shorts.... With it being round 3, he would already be in talks with any prospective clubs.

A few thumpings in the NTFA div. 2!! Will Uni-Mowbray be that good or were Campbell Town that poor..... I went down to Hobart for the weekend and was unable to watch any footy up here, dissapointing. How did your Old Scotch boys look Thistle, scoreboard says it went ok!! How did all your new recruits fair?

All the lads seemed pretty happy about it. Perth went the knuckle when they got down by 6 goals. Our club doctor/senior player had his jaw broken in two places which was pretty devastating. Will Tatchell hurt his knee again aswell. He was a Tassie Mariner but had 2 knee reconstructions as a teenager. This was his first game in 5-6 years so it's terrible news.

All the recruits did pretty well. Matty Harvey from Hobart was BOG keeping last years leading goal kicker to one goal. "Worm" D'Emden was great off half back. Brayley Coombes was hard. Josh Petterwood dominated kicking 7 goals from HFF and Choco Whatley was great in his first game for the club sice switching from OL's.

We're very happy with the margin, but the game was ruined by Perth headhunting. Not many brains between them.

As far as Uni and Campbelltown goes, I think Uni are very good and C'town are terrible. The margin in the reserves was over 200 points aswell.

I witnessed one of the more remarkable situations I have seen at a footy game on Saturday. At the Scottsdale Crows vs Ringarooma match, about 15mins into the first quarter, Ringarooma player Tim Wheldon, was dragged by the runner after getting carved up by his opponent. As he came towards the bench he took his jumper off, threw it at the bench coaches and told them to @@@@ off!! and he was going home!!!
From then on it was a slanging match between him and the Ringarooma coaches and supporters. At this point, one of the more senior players from Ringarooma chased him around the boundary and it was Box on!!! A few good ones thrown!!! As I said this was 15mins into the first match of the season for Ringarooma. By the way Ringarooma were soundly beaten by the Crows by 25 goals +, a very disappointing effort by the 'rooma, as they have spent a fair bit of $$ in the off season!!!

Exactly why I refused to let a practice match go ahead when it was raised at committee level! We played against them a few years ago and I've never come across a bigger bunch of f#$kwits. Heath Fox is on about $15000 to coach them apparently. Lot of plants growing up that way.

The player was Clint Walker (I believe he is now the 2's match manager), and the coach was the great Ben 'Bolts' Harrison, coach of the premiership winning Blackmans Bay Cricket Club. I wasn't there but heard that it was quite a funny incident.

I think Harrison was the bench coach, and quite poor.

Na. I'm just an honest person that say's it how it is. Can't help it if people like the Hawk Lady don't like the truth. A team mate ... nah not that either. Just believe in giving credit when and where it's due ... as I'm sure you would with your chidlren playing sport. Maybe my title instead of Rooster fan should be headed up "Getting it Straight". Just a passionate and supportive foot fan! Not just of Rainbird either.
we are all hear because we r fans of foootball, everybody has different opinions on how they find people obviuosly mines different to yrs. We have a few boys playing at central hawks that r very loyaly and had been to bothwell as well, that was offered the coin and didnt except out of loyalty

The player was Clint Walker (I believe he is now the 2's match manager), and the coach was the great Ben 'Bolts' Harrison, coach of the premiership winning Blackmans Bay Cricket Club. I wasn't there but heard that it was quite a funny incident.

Ben Harrison wasnt the coach, he was only the bench coach, Was there that day, bloody funny Clint Walker got dragged, cause he didnt get a kick ( but he couldnt kick anyway ) grapped the coaches board and threw it over the fence along with this jumper and then gave a massive spray to anybody in sight.

Have a couple of mates down that way and they have told me, that he is currently on the commitee, so they must all be happy again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back