Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly why I refused to let a practice match go ahead when it was raised at committee level! We played against them a few years ago and I've never come across a bigger bunch of f#$kwits. Heath Fox is on about $15000 to coach them apparently. Lot of plants growing up that way.

Being an ex Wanderer myself, i too have little time for Ringhole. I also place Winnaleah in the same catagory. Spend a lot of money on poor people. I know winning premierships is what its about, but not at the expense of the heart, soul and culture of your club.

Being an ex Wanderer myself, i too have little time for Ringhole. I also place Winnaleah in the same catagory. Spend a lot of money on poor people. I know winning premierships is what its about, but not at the expense of the heart, soul and culture of your club.

I agree. As soon as money gets involved at country level like our clubs are, you may as well give it away. That's why our club is so fantastic now, we are strong on and off the ground and we haven't paid a cent for it. Now businesses are asking if they can sponsor us instead of it being the other way round. Watch the Thistle grow my friends!

I dont know if anyone has heard but apparently lindisfarne forward Jarrod Kleeman is not strapping them on for 2007. I was told the other day that he has just bought a house and a dog and will not have time for football with perhaps wedding bells around the corner. Thought this would have been a massive oppurtunity with cassidy now playing at the lions.

Maybe a claremont source like yourself Barge would know a bit more?? .....

I can Hear Them Bells footy55

I haven't been on here for a few days, and she's been a bit busy in that time so I've got a bit to contribute!

Umm.....Jason Philp, the Cassidy gang... half of the Kingborough team........all of Dodges Ferry......Jon Bowring.....Most of the Brighton boys......anybody that I missed?

Now Cadoras,

Philp - Check.
Mick Cassidy - Check.
Bowering - Check.
Norfick contingent at Brighton - Check.

Dunno about Kingborough and Dodges though.

Sure Allan Haw would be on a fair whack at Dodges (anyone know why Pearsy isn't playing down there anymore?) but the majority of them would be lucky to be 21!

As for the Tigers - apart from Blighty who'd be on a mint, they've barely got anyone left to pay - all the mercenaries have left!

roosterfan said:
No sorry Roorat, not Mrs Rainbird? Don't know the lady. Is this the mother, wife or who? You've lost me half a k down race track.

Mother, Wife, Sister - up Norfick one woman could be all three!

Do you know the real reason young Rainbird left Brighton to go back to Norfick as told to me by the man himself?

ZZ TOP said:
in the short time i,ve been accessing this site i,ve noticed one thing about you wilbur. you bag,slag whine& WHINGE ABOUT EVERYTHING. have you anything positive to say about anything..

Yeah, get into him Top! I've known him for 24 years. A more ordinary bloke you will go a long way to meet!

footy 55 said:
Maybe a claremont source like yourself Barge would know a bit more?? .....

Can't help ya sorry.

Haven't seen the young gun for about six months.

Went to a couple of Claremont Cricket trainings, signed up which had the local community buzzing, and then disappeared.

His departure may well be why Claremont only won the one premiership this year!

Claremont FC apparently have a fortune left under the salary cap as they had planned on recruiting Ben Atkin and Kleeman and that's it!

Kleeman's disappearance has stunned the club and they have thus far played accordingly.

My advice to Kleeman being just 18 years old - don't even think of getting married. You've got many years of freedom left in ya! Nowhere near worth it yet.

A friend of mine went and watched the devils, and he told me the game between CLARENCE< and HOBART was shortened by 7 or 8 minutes in the last quarter. I wonder what would happen if scores were tied, or really close.

I have more as relates to this debacle.

Speaking today to one of my in the know, most reliable sources (Good evening monna!) who was telling me the time keepers were instructed by AFL Tasmania (Devils) officials that 17 or 18 minutes in "the game must stop now".

Reason? The Devils wanted to do no more than a 20 minute warm up on the ground.

Apparently 15 minutes to warm up mustn't be enough!

As my source said to me today, perhaps the Devils might have been better off actually starting the game 20 minutes before Geelong, then they might have been half a chance!

Their arrogance towards Clarence and Hobart on this occassion has further damaged what were already fractured relations with the local clubs in the Premier League!

Ben Harrison wasnt the coach, he was only the bench coach, Was there that day, bloody funny Clint Walker got dragged, cause he didnt get a kick ( but he couldnt kick anyway ) grapped the coaches board and threw it over the fence along with this jumper and then gave a massive spray to anybody in sight.

Have a couple of mates down that way and they have told me, that he is currently on the commitee, so they must all be happy again.....

Yeah Bench coach, don't know if coach should be used.

Must be happy again and in with the crap committee. Club going fast in 1 direction.:thumbsdown:

I have more as relates to this debacle.

Speaking today to one of my in the know, most reliable sources (Good evening monna!) who was telling me the time keepers were instructed by AFL Tasmania (Devils) officials that 17 or 18 minutes in "the game must stop now".

Reason? The Devils wanted to do no more than a 20 minute warm up on the ground.

Apparently 15 minutes to warm up mustn't be enough!

As my source said to me today, perhaps the Devils might have been better off actually starting the game 20 minutes before Geelong, then they might have been half a chance!

Their arrogance towards Clarence and Hobart on this occassion has further damaged what were already fractured relations with the local clubs in the Premier League!

Interesting you mention this Barge, because back on March 24th 2001, I timekept a match at North Hobart Oval between Hobart and North Hobart which was a practice match and was the curtain raiser for the Devils first ever practice match - against the Box Hill Hawks, in which Ian Callinan kicked a goal on the final siren to get the Devils up by 6 points.

The Hobart - North game was a six quarter match of 20 minutes each, no time-on and was the first time the two sides had met since Hobart's final game in the TFL on August 23rd 1997.
I diligently kept the time between quarter breaks to a minimum to allow the match to run its full allotment, and during the early moments of the 6th quarter, Scott Wade came into the box and ordered me to end the game after 12 minutes to (in his exact words) 'get the real game on'.
Several minutes later, Wade again reappeared in the timekeepers box in the Doug Plaister Stand and told me to blast the siren at 15 minutes. :confused:
Moments later he appeared again and said that the match was pretty tight, go to 18 minutes and finish it because we want to get the sides off the ground so the teams can warm up for longer.
At this point I lost my temper with Wade and roared at him to get out of the box and got up and slammed the door Laurie Holden-style off 'The Club'!
It must've been quite noticeable because the PA announcer next door (Don Rule) was up at the adjoining window looking in to see what was happening, and the North timekeeper was in an adjoining box talking to someone and asked what the commotion was when he returned.
The match was a tight one and both sides were playing their full lists, and both sides had quite a good following there watching the match, I let it run to the full 20 minutes and Hobart won by 4 points, 9.14.68 to 9.10.64 - and Martin Free kicked the winning goal 19 minutes into that quarter.
Strange thing was, both sides - Devils and Box Hill Hawks - never appeared on the ground until another 7 or 8 minutes after the two sides had left the field.

That day just reaffirmed to me what a disgraceful lack of committment and regard Wade has towards any football in Tasmania that is non-Devils associated. :thumbsdown:

Mother, Wife, Sister - up Norfick one woman could be all three!

Do you know the real reason young Rainbird left Brighton to go back to Norfick as told to me by the man himself?
Well tell us then??

Yeah, get into him Top! I've known him for 24 years. A more ordinary bloke you will go a long way to meet!

On ya Barge...funny thing is, after being slagged off by the Top for being negative, I had a look back at my posts.....I can't seen anything negative about them, especially recent ones. Perhaps my negativity is just a natural thing I don't notice because I am a Collingwood supporter. Comes with the territory.

As far as i understand Jarrod Kleeman is the next Tommy Hawkins or even Josh Thurgood! Kleeman was offered a playing/assistant coaching position at the Tasmanian Devils but turned it down saying "I haven't got the time anymore to focus on getting back to my best footy, I now have a family and i love playing with and spending time with my newly born dog Yoji he deserves my utter attention and football now comes second!!!" It is a bitter dissapointment that kleeman wont be taking to the field in 07 and as i have watched this boy play several times and he shines like a beackon on a dark night he is unbeliveable and his talent will be sorley missed by Tasmanian Football Fans

RIP Jarrod Kleemans AFL Career

As far as i understand Jarrod Kleeman is the next Tommy Hawkins or even Josh Thurgood! Kleeman was offered a playing/assistant coaching position at the Tasmanian Devils but turned it down saying "I haven't got the time anymore to focus on getting back to my best footy, I now have a family and i love playing with and spending time with my newly born dog Yoji he deserves my utter attention and football now comes second!!!" It is a bitter dissapointment that kleeman wont be taking to the field in 07 and as i have watched this boy play several times and he shines like a beackon on a dark night he is unbeliveable and his talent will be sorley missed by Tasmanian Football Fans

RIP Jarrod Kleemans AFL Career

What is the real story with this Kleeman fella? i have read all the garbage that you fellas have written about teh young fella over the last year or so, and can't work out whether he is actually any good or you just like taking the p1ss out of him... I am assuming it is the latter as was the case when you were talking up Gary Hayes. I used to umpire when Gary was a young bloke and he was, and I think still is, a ridiculously uncoordinated individual.

Did anyone read the paper the other day about the young Dodges player that was in court for belting a club patron with a baseball bat after a club function? Does anyone know when this happened? Looks like the club is the Regional league's version of the West Coast Eagles, with that incident, Weeds' antics on the weekend, and also Pears' apparent walkabouts...

What is the real story with this Kleeman fella? i have read all the garbage that you fellas have written about teh young fella over the last year or so, and can't work out whether he is actually any good or you just like taking the p1ss out of him... I am assuming it is the latter as was the case when you were talking up Gary Hayes. I used to umpire when Gary was a young bloke and he was, and I think still is, a ridiculously uncoordinated individual.

Did anyone read the paper the other day about the young Dodges player that was in court for belting a club patron with a baseball bat after a club function? Does anyone know when this happened? Looks like the club is the Regional league's version of the West Coast Eagles, with that incident, Weeds' antics on the weekend, and also Pears' apparent walkabouts...

SetLikeJelly Jarrod Kleeman is a highly talented young player whos junior record consists of a Best and fairest Award at Claremont FC,A couple of years at Glenorchy F.C, And the last couple of years at Lindisfarne. Kleeman is/was touted as the next best thing however due to work and family commitments has been unable to get on the park. It is also said that Kleeman has a very deep problem with an addiction to dream team kleeman has been the coach of a succesful dream team over the past few years the fern Crt Magpies however it is belived his club has gone down hill and so to has kleeman setting into a downward spiral. You may say that we are joking when we talk up kleeman but he is a fantastic football and it is one of the saddest stories in Tasmanian footy that kleeman has retired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SetLikeJelly Jarrod Kleeman is a highly talented young player whos junior record consists of a Best and fairest Award at Claremont FC,A couple of years at Glenorchy F.C, And the last couple of years at Lindisfarne. Kleeman is/was touted as the next best thing however due to work and family commitments has been unable to get on the park. It is also said that Kleeman has a very deep problem with an addiction to dream team kleeman has been the coach of a succesful dream team over the past few years the fern Crt Magpies however it is belived his club has gone down hill and so to has kleeman setting into a downward spiral. You may say that we are joking when we talk up kleeman but he is a fantastic football and it is one of the saddest stories in Tasmanian footy that kleeman has retired.

I can back up mm1999 on that one!
Attending high school with Kleeman for 4 years i got to see the talent he once shown at glenorchy and lindisfarne. His commitment has been a massive issue and i believe that can be backed up by mm1999(G.D.J.F.C) and Barge (through Claremont Cricket Club).

I really thought if he could of pushed out a big pre-season he would of been in contention to fill a key forward line spot at lindisfarne in the 1's!
Possibly the next M.Darcy of the regional league

Is there any lindisfarne boys that post on here that can tell me the progress of up and coming young gun Trent Duggan .. Would be much appreciated!

Hey lads, can anyone give me an update on Smithton? or any NTFL news in general? Played there a couple of years ago while working in Tassie and like to keep track of the club and league.

Cheers

What is the real story with this Kleeman fella? i have read all the garbage that you fellas have written about teh young fella over the last year or so, and can't work out whether he is actually any good or you just like taking the p1ss out of him...

I have never heard of him!

Must be a character made up like the great Alfred.E.Newman from the MAD magazine!.

I have never heard of him!

Must be a character made up like the great Alfred.E.Newman from the MAD magazine!.

No No He is Very Real I go to Tafe with the kid When we play Tafe Footy kleeman is always the 1st one the Skippers Pick Very Much Like Pud Darcy Is Great on the Lead Has the golden Boot I nearly once got him down to channel just After the 2006 season but that went Pear Shape after Hearing We were Doing the Beep Test Kleeman Never Could Make it Down the Channel Highway for number of reason But Truly is a Star When he wants to Be really Is

mightymagpie1999 and footy 55
Can you hear them Bells Hey Free Fizz Maybe lol

No No He is Very Real I go to Tafe with the kid When we play Tafe Footy kleeman is always the 1st one the Skippers Pick Very Much Like Pud Darcy Is Great on the Lead Has the golden Boot I nearly once got him down to channel just After the 2006 season but that went Pear Shape after Hearing We were Doing the Beep Test Kleeman Never Could Make it Down the Channel Highway for number of reason But Truly is a Star When he wants to Be really Is

Well try again and get him down Channel then!

As far as i know 'buddha' Kleeman has been spotted lurking around Glenorchy u/14's training. Perhaps scouting for the claremont team of the same namesake??? Word also has it, the big fellas mortgage has played a big part in his footy downfall, and has been stated as saying he will be happy to strap on the boots anywhere for a good quid and a weeks supply of pal meaty bites

Just a update on the Jarrod Kleeman Football Career Saga...I Spoke to his mother yesterday who is a family friend and she said Kleeman wen't to Melbourne today to look at the possible prospect of signing up with collingwood VFL Affiliate Williamstown. He is rumoured to be Renting out his newly bought house. If kleeman does take the option of playing for williamstown it is understood that the Tasmanian Devils are going to fight for his services as he would be a valuable assett here in Tassie Kleeman in a phone conversation last night said " This is a fantastic opportunity for me with my vast football experience i belive i can better the williamstown footy side so i might sus out how much they are going to pay me and if its a good offer i will take it if not i will have no hesitations in walking and playing somwhere else to try and better my likely afl career prospects.

Good on the young fella i say i hope he does well for his sake and his dog yojis sake

Did anyone read the paper the other day about the young Dodges player that was in court for belting a club patron with a baseball bat after a club function? Does anyone know when this happened? [/quote]

My understanding is it happened at the start of last year and was the reason why Dodges wouldn't clear him to play anywhere else...Wilbur35 would know most of the details as it caused him many a run in with one S.Wade.

The youngster can definitely play the game and I think was named as an emergency for the Clarence seniors this week.

You can't seriously call the footage they show on WIN "highlights"? They show a short piece of footage from 1, maybe 2 games and whether there is a "highlight" depends on the timing of the filming. Coverage is c r * p.

Southern X do actually provide the results in a special report later by the way....with the correct results.

While I agree WIN's coverage is not outstanding, I wouldn't say it's cr*p.

At least they have a crack ... It's not like they would have the rescources of the mainland stations.

I saw Oldridge and Fisher (cameraman) at North Hobart last night doing a story (and right when Geappen did his hammy).

Don't reckon you'd find southern cross working after hours on local footy.

I agree. As soon as money gets involved at country level like our clubs are, you may as well give it away. That's why our club is so fantastic now, we are strong on and off the ground and we haven't paid a cent for it. Now businesses are asking if they can sponsor us instead of it being the other way round. Watch the Thistle grow my friends!

True Thistle, but country clubs out of town do have to spend some coin. Its just a matter of who you recruit, and in regards to Ringa and Winna, how you "pay" them.

While I agree WIN's coverage is not outstanding, I wouldn't say it's cr*p.

At least they have a crack ... It's not like they would have the rescources of the mainland stations.

I saw Oldridge and Fisher (cameraman) at North Hobart last night doing a story (and right when Geappen did his hammy).

Don't reckon you'd find southern cross working after hours on local footy.

I agree that is great. My comment that coverage is poor was mean't to be general comment in regard to the overall coverage of local footy by all media outlets, not a direct attack on WIN's coverage, which at least exists.

Did anyone read the paper the other day about the young Dodges player that was in court for belting a club patron with a baseball bat after a club function? Does anyone know when this happened?
My understanding is it happened at the start of last year and was the reason why Dodges wouldn't clear him to play anywhere else...Wilbur35 would know most of the details as it caused him many a run in with one S.Wade.

The youngster can definitely play the game and I think was named as an emergency for the Clarence seniors this week.

Can play and I bet he is glad it is over. How many 30 year olds do I know that play for OHA AND are West Coast supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back