Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going through the tribunal report for last week and noticed there was player who has been suspended by his club for 52 weeks.

Does not name the club or if its premier or regional club, but the players name is Micheal Latham. Does anybody have any info in regards to this?????

To be suspended for 52 weeks and no news coming from the media seems a bit strange, so have provided the link.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3049-0-0-0&a=TRIB

Looks like a Test post to me. It doesn't list a specific club. The Tribunal page is new, so I would hazard a guess it is just a listing to make sure it works okay.

Come on fellas, don't clog up this thread with shit like that. We all know that Clarence are the Collingwood of tassie footy, i don't like most of them either, but there is no need to take out your personal vendettas on this thread. Lets just talk about local footy, and not make people have to read through pages and pages of personal attacks...
Maybe we need a Bay 13 type thread for people who feel the need to express their frustration at each other. While it is funny at times to read it does take away from the footy talk.

Maybe we need a Bay 13 type thread for people who feel the need to express their frustration at each other. While it is funny at times to read it does take away from the footy talk.

I just find it a bit disappointing when you come in here and see 2 pages of new posts, and get settled in for a good read about local footy, only for 80% of them to be people bitching about their personal vendettas.

A couple of facts to clear it up:
-If you don't play fro or are associated with Clarence, you naturally don't like them
-The people running AFL Tas have no idea what they are doing and only care about the devils
-Chooka Rainbird is a good footballer
-Ben Fagan pinches people
-Kingpin is very bitter over the Hobart identity crisis (which i do not blame him for)
-Anyone not associated with Kingborough thinks they are trying to buy a p'ship
and lastly, just for Barge:
-Chris Burns is a gun footballer. i can't believe I ever doubted him. Imagine how the Mont would be going with him on the park.

There are plenty more to list, just can't be bothered...

Any coastal players able to give us the inside story about the invalid Dockers contracts as reported in the Advocate today? Matthew
Wooldridge's contract was declared invalid and he is set to play for Devonport this weekend. The advocate reckon that there are at least 24 players who signed their contracts last June, contrary to regulations and unless resigned quickly are able to go elsewhere. Players named are
Brent Archer, Brad Davis, Matthew Smith and Clinton and Craig Stretton as well as young gun Nick McKenna.

If his a*se was there, there would only be enough room for one a*se in the shot.:D

Not only that wilbur but the great mans 'plumpish behind' would have to be spread over 3-4 pages of this thread. A healthy diet of freddo frogs has put the former claremont 'king of the sheperd' in very good shape. Round is a shape after all.

Useless Idiot - Nathan Krakouer himself!

As for the Regional League squad - is it done on form or what?

Jamie Kaye has not played until last week, yet is named, same goes for Tim Ozols, last week was his second game at most, Pinner Henley probably wouldn't have played 25 games for the Robins in 2 and a half years and would be lucky to have 6 mentions for them in that time and he's in there?

Adrian Burdon not up to it? I don't think so somehow?

The Central Hawks are a goal off being undefeated and can only get 4 players in a squad of 53?

WTFs going on there, Ozguy?

Brent Webster - has done the job on Michael Darcy and Darren Garth the last two weeks convincingly, probably in better form than Ben Atkin for mine and can't even get a look in.

A walk up start in a regional league team if ever there was one and can't get in a squad of 53?

The selectors have been on the hooch down Snug with Cadoras!

Chris Burns - what made you mention him Jelly?

Apparently did his knee f'n around on a trail bike pre-season and won't see action til 2008. A big loss for the Mont.

Crucial in fact, ahead of the first ever Barge-Cadoras Cup clash this week at sunny (don't be stupid - shocking place for weather) Snug!

And before I depart - one of my iron clad reliable sources tells me today that Daddy is indeed for the moment acting as Matthew Wade's Manager.

No, not my Dad you idiot - Scott Wade!

Apparently used his friendship with G.Shipperd to his advantage to a certain degree.

And before I depart - one of my iron clad reliable sources tells me today that Daddy is indeed for the moment acting as Matthew Wade's Manager.

No, not my Dad you idiot - Scott Wade!

Apparently used his friendship with G.Shipperd to his advantage to a certain degree.

Maybe he can negotiate himself out of AFL TAS then !!!:thumbsu:

The selectors have been on the hooch down Snug with Cadoras!

Unfortunately I couldn't convince them to pick more of Claremont's mighty fleet of pygmies. The selectors were a bit concerned they would get lost in the overgrown grass on the fringes of the paddock.

Crucial in fact, ahead of the first ever Barge-Cadoras Cup clash this week at sunny (don't be stupid - shocking place for weather) Snug!

Bragging Rights up for grabs there.

Forecast
Saturday Fine. Min 10 Max 17

As for the Regional League squad - is it done on form or what?

As far as i know the squad was secected by asking each senior club coach to select 4 players each, if this is so how can it be a true representation of the Regional Leauges best players, firstly with some coaches making bias selections in picking mates or themeselves, also some teams have 6-8 players that should be in the squad where as some may only have 1 0r 2.
what a joke

As far as i know the squad was secected by asking each senior club coach to select 4 players each, if this is so how can it be a true representation of the Regional Leauges best players, firstly with some coaches making bias selections in picking mates or themeselves, also some teams have 6-8 players that should be in the squad where as some may only have 1 0r 2.
what a joke
Am pretty sure chopper didnt have a say who went into the squad from the hawks, Agree with Barge bout only 4 of the hawks being selected think a couple of the boys were hard done by not being selected. Not that i think it would worry them. What do you think Ozguy, I agree with who was selected totally but who else if anyone do u think should have been selected from the hawks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Burns - what made you mention him Jelly?

Apparently did his knee f'n around on a trail bike pre-season and won't see action til 2008. A big loss for the Mont.

I just remember you always sticking up for him, then he had a great year last season, and your praise was finally justified. I heard the same about his knee, that he was joking around, and fair ****ed it.

The BC Cup should add a bit of spice to the clash this weekend, gives us that bit extra to play for. Will be interesting to see which Clarement turns up, they can be bloody good or downright terrible on their day.

East Devonports woes continue with the club sacking reserves coach and former club legend Chris Reynolds after an altercation with a player and four senior players making themselves unavailable in protest. Could this mean Easts already poor season will continue(foregone conclusion) with long term ramifications for the club?
http://nwtasmania.yourguide.com.au/...subclass=other&story_id=583828&category=other

Ok, I'll ask this question, will Easts be in the comp in 2008? I'll say no!
What does everyone else think about them?

Ok, I'll ask this question, will Easts be in the comp in 2008? I'll say no!
What does everyone else think about them?
I think if they want to remain a viable football club then they need to be looking at other options. With their history and tradition I would hate to see them fold altogether so they need to be looking at alternative leagues Which seems a huge stepdown at the time but speaking from experience with Deloraine it was the best thing we could have done. Luckily for Deloraine we had the N.T.F.A to go to which is a fairly strong competition, not sure of the standard of the N.W.F.A.

NWFA would be on par with regional, maybe under just. It would be very interesting if they did drop back as there are a lot of ex east players floating in that league who you'd think possibly would go back if they were to step back a league.....

Hey guys i just want to ask what the hell is going with youngster Jack Riewoldt. Richmond get pumped last week and have 7 omitions this week. Yet Jack Riewoldt is still being named as 3rd emergency? He is forever in the Tasmania media as the next big thing for Tassie and lets be honest the kid has a hell of alot of talent. Has he had a falling out with Wallace??
And just why we are on youngsters. Who gives a sh!t about Ricky Petterd! Good footballer but not even a true tassie boy and probably doesn't want to be known as one either. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Hey guys i just want to ask what the hell is going with youngster Jack Riewoldt. Richmond get pumped last week and have 7 omitions this week. Yet Jack Riewoldt is still being named as 3rd emergency? He is forever in the Tasmania media as the next big thing for Tassie and lets be honest the kid has a hell of alot of talent. Has he had a falling out with Wallace??
And just why we are on youngsters. Who gives a sh!t about Ricky Petterd! Good footballer but not even a true tassie boy and probably doesn't want to be known as one either. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Rev will play tonight if schultz doesnt play. He'll play before the moth is out.

I'm all for blooding new talent (especially in our current predicament), but you can hardly make a case for Riewoldt's inclusion when he's yet to even crack the best players for Coburg.

so there's your answer, the kid just doesn't seem to be playing very good footy at the moment

Wasnt sayin that you was Mrs Rainbird was saying maybe on the fence was! Dont believe for a second that you aint connected to on the fence, just a coincendence that at the time i asked on the fence, you logged on, And i have only most of the time ever replyed to what you have wrote bout rainbird

No Hawk Lady I am not NOT Mrs Rainbird and do not know who Roosterfan is, please help me out with just 1 question who started posting about Rainbird because searching back through the forums it appears that YOU did CORRECT?

I'm all for blooding new talent (especially in our current predicament), but you can hardly make a case for Riewoldt's inclusion when he's yet to even crack the best players for Coburg.

so there's your answer, the kid just doesn't seem to be playing very good footy at the moment

I tend to agree with you there TF. All this talk about Riewoldt yet Garland the first Tasmanian to get a gig. Basically had to play as there was no more tall timber on the Dees list with all the injuries.

But realistically TF name someone thats in form for the Tigers after last week. I dont wanna see stats with disposals either:D

Pretty sure jacks leading goal kicker at coburg this year, Nah he's not playing that well drop him to the 2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back