Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauderdale missed the finals by 12.97%
Did it end up getting that close did it?
I though Lauderdale couldn't get in even if they won (I haven't got a ladder so I've got no idea).
I would've pissed myself laughing had they snuck in. :p

sportstalk07 said:
Elimination Final - New Norfolk v Hobart; Qualifying Final - North Hobart v Clarence
Be an interesting game that one out at Boyer next weekend.
A battle of who is in poorer form, New Norfolk or the Lions.
The wheels have really fallen off for New Norfolk in recent weeks and Hobart has been poor all season really, Hobart's record at Boyer isn't pleasing to the eye.
After great success at the ground in the Hudson & Browning eras (1986-1992), Hobart has only won twice there since then.
A final round win in 1993 under Wayne Petterd to deny New Norfolk a spot in the finals that year - was probably the final game of TFL football that Hobart was a force to be reckoned with - and an unlikely 1st Semi Final win in 2003 by 51-points under McGregor to put New Norfolk out of the finals race that year.
Could go either way that one.

Sportstalk07 said:
Reserves: Elimination Final - Hobart v New Norfolk
I reckon Graeme Fox's charges will get up in that one, haven't done a bad job really to get where they are considering the weekly turnover in players.
A little rumour I heard this arvo, Fox to possibly be the Hobart Lions senior coach in '08.
Apparently Lamprill wasn't greatly happy about some of things said about him and his coaching on the Hobart website (prior to it being closed down) and may coach elsewhere should things not sort themselves out up there.
Family quite eager for him to leave the Lions and continue elsewhere, so I've heard.
We'll see how that one pans out I guess.

Sportstalk07 said:
Colts: Qualifying Final - Glenorchy v Hobart
John Edge has done a great job with that side, especially with losing so many players to the reserves all season.
Should be an interesting game, but maybe the Pies might just have the experience to do the job.
I've heard they may lose Edge as well, been a few offers from around the traps - country clubs and Lauderdale being some that I've heard.
May stay out of loyalty to 'his boys' in the team, but deserves better from the club.

Did it end up getting that close did it?
I though Lauderdale couldn't get in even if they won (I haven't got a ladder so I've got no idea).
I would've pissed myself laughing had they snuck in. :p

Yeah, I thought that Hobart would have been a lot more comfortable in fifth, but they've just been so woeful and ordinary, and they did have a three game lead on Lauderdale before Round 14 I think, Lauderdale pinching a six point win.
During the day I was calculating the percentage, and when I heard the half time scores, I just quietly did the percentage.
Lauderdale would have only got on about a 260-270 point gain on Hobart (e.g. Lauderdale won by 130, Hobart lost by 130), it had to be something around that mark.
Must say, credit to the Bombers this season for a very good year, that's seen them claim the scalps of Clarence, Hobart and North Hobart today :thumbsu:

Be an interesting game that one out at Boyer next weekend.
A battle of who is in poorer form, New Norfolk or the Lions.
The wheels have really fallen off for New Norfolk in recent weeks and Hobart has been poor all season really, Hobart's record at Boyer isn't pleasing to the eye.
After great success at the ground in the Hudson & Browning eras (1986-1992), Hobart has only won twice there since then.
A final round win in 1993 under Wayne Petterd to deny New Norfolk a spot in the finals that year - was probably the final game of TFL football that Hobart was a force to be reckoned with - and an unlikely 1st Semi Final win in 2003 by 51-points under McGregor to put New Norfolk out of the finals race that year.
Could go either way that one.

I think this will turn around New Norfolk's fortunes, they should win comfortably here.
While yes New Norfolk have been a bit inconsistent, especially at the back end of the season. Hobart have been just woeful and ordinary as I said above.
New Norfolk would have their first final ringing in their ears from last year when they started slight favorites against Clarence, but Clarence showed a clean pair of heels that day.
One things for sure, whoever wins this match will get fourth this season, I wouldn't think that the likes of North Hobart or Clarence will be willing to give them any latitude.

I reckon Graeme Fox's charges will get up in that one, haven't done a bad job really to get where they are considering the weekly turnover in players.
A little rumour I heard this arvo, Fox to possibly be the Hobart Lions senior coach in '08.
Apparently Lamprill wasn't greatly happy about some of things said about him and his coaching on the Hobart website (prior to it being closed down) and may coach elsewhere should things not sort themselves out up there.
Family quite eager for him to leave the Lions and continue elsewhere, so I've heard.
We'll see how that one pans out I guess.

That will be interesting, Hobart are a side in the twos that aren't a star studded crop, just a hard working bunch. Clarence can be a bit bitsy in the twos, and have been known to have their flat periods too. Either way, should be around 10-20 points the margin.

John Edge has done a great job with that side, especially with losing so many players to the reserves all season.
Should be an interesting game, but maybe the Pies might just have the experience to do the job.
I've heard they may lose Edge as well, been a few offers from around the traps - country clubs and Lauderdale being some that I've heard.
May stay out of loyalty to 'his boys' in the team, but deserves better from the club.

Great bloke Edgey, I've met him a number of times at Hobart games and probably one of the nicer guys around. Again a good young side that like the reserves, aren't star studded, but they will be honest.
Glenorchy should win this one reasonably easy, about 6 goals I'd say, they just have too much scoring power for the Lions to contain.
One thing, if Edgey leaves, expect a few youngsters to follow with him, as would normally be the case when coaches depart clubs.

Yeah, I thought that Hobart would have been a lot more comfortable in fifth, but they've just been so woeful and ordinary, and they did have a three game lead on Lauderdale before Round 14 I think, Lauderdale pinching a six point win.
During the day I was calculating the percentage, and when I heard the half time scores, I just quietly did the percentage.
Lauderdale would have only got on about a 260-270 point gain on Hobart (e.g. Lauderdale won by 130, Hobart lost by 130), it had to be something around that mark.
Must say, credit to the Bombers this season for a very good year, that's seen them claim the scalps of Clarence, Hobart and North Hobart today :thumbsu:

I think this will turn around New Norfolk's fortunes, they should win comfortably here.
While yes New Norfolk have been a bit inconsistent, especially at the back end of the season. Hobart have been just woeful and ordinary as I said above.
New Norfolk would have their first final ringing in their ears from last year when they started slight favorites against Clarence, but Clarence showed a clean pair of heels that day.
One things for sure, whoever wins this match will get fourth this season, I wouldn't think that the likes of North Hobart or Clarence will be willing to give them any latitude.

That will be interesting, Hobart are a side in the twos that aren't a star studded crop, just a hard working bunch. Clarence can be a bit bitsy in the twos, and have been known to have their flat periods too. Either way, should be around 10-20 points the margin.

Great bloke Edgey, I've met him a number of times at Hobart games and probably one of the nicer guys around. Again a good young side that like the reserves, aren't star studded, but they will be honest.
Glenorchy should win this one reasonably easy, about 6 goals I'd say, they just have too much scoring power for the Lions to contain.
One thing, if Edgey leaves, expect a few youngsters to follow with him, as would normally be the case when coaches depart clubs.

Umpired 2 Hobart games in the colts. Rely on certain players a little too much, the guys nicknamed coxy and spider especially. Big fella in the ruck is useless around the ground and gives away way to much to the taller, more mobile ruckmen.

They have won each time I umpired them, against Kingborough and then Lauderdale, but did not look at all convincing, especially against Lauderdale when the Bombers played 1 good quarter (in which they kicked only 3-4 goals, albeit in the mud and slush) to win by 2-3 goals IIRC.

I expect Glenorchy to thump them, and for Kingborough to surprise in the finals.

NEFU
Lilydale 33.19.217
Ringarooma 1.1.7

Winnaleah 21.10.136
Scottsdale Crows 13.6.84

Leven
Railton 40.10.250 (A Stretton 16)
Castra 2.1.13

Mole Creek 18.14.122
Latrobe Saints 8.5.53

NWFA
Motton Preston 20.17.137
Wesley Vale 12.8.80

Forth 21.11.137
Turners Beach 6.6.42

Match of the Round
East Ulverstone 23.23.161
West Ulverstone 12.16.88

Spreyton 15.8.98 Paul Hampton 5 to pass 100 goals this season
Sheffield 10.16.76

Darwin
Second Semi
Ridgley 19.13.127
Yolla 7.9.51

ODFA
Swansea 14.11.95
Mt Pleasant 14.8.92(not 95 Examiner)

Woodsdale 20.10.130
Ross 8.5.53

Kingborough 11.19 (85) - Brighton 12.13 (85)

was joking with a mate before the game that neither team knew how to win :D

that said, we had to get the scoreboard changed no less than 4 times in the final quarter of this one. Brighton were somehow credited with an extra goal at one stage, and Kingborough's total didn't add up until about 2 minutes before the siren

good thing we got it changed though, cos I would have been lynched otherwise :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Wilbur35,

Due to Claremont's participation next Saturday I will not be attending the Williamstown clinic at Bellerive as previously planned.

I will be seriously spewing if the Great Man
0,1658,5616524,00.jpg
is playing in said clash.

Regards
Your fellow Seagull
Barge

was joking with a mate before the game that neither team knew how to win :D

that said, we had to get the scoreboard changed no less than 4 times in the final quarter of this one. Brighton were somehow credited with an extra goal at one stage, and Kingborough's total didn't add up until about 2 minutes before the siren

good thing we got it changed though, cos I would have been lynched otherwise :p
LOL nothing's changed there then by the sounds of it!
Seriously, with all the coin they've got they could at least employ someone (maybe an adult) with half a brain that can at least add up and do things properly.
Used to give me the shits going to country grounds where they had 8 year olds doing it and you'd never know who was winning or how much you were winning by.
That'd look good in this new 'statewide league'!! :eek: Farcical...

That's okay Barge, I had gathered that would be the case.

I don't think the great man would waste his time coming down here to play against witches hats even if the Pies weren't desperate for his return.

That's okay Barge, I had gathered that would be the case.

I don't think the great man would waste his time coming down here to play against witches hats even if the Pies weren't desperate for his return.

Given you made this post at 9.10am and sent me a pm at 9.15am, am I to assume correctly that when you enter your spacious office of a morning the first thing you do is check the Tasmanian Football Thread on Big Footy?

Anyone else catch the ABC News?
They reported on the Statewide league
  • It does not have the support of clubs in Tasmania(spoke to North Launceston and Clarence Presidents)
  • AFL Tas has not consulted with the Clubs, rather told them what they say will be happening.
  • Proposed League is one club representing each area such as Clarence on the Eastern Shore but not using the name Clarence and made up of best players from the Eastern Shore Clubs. Commenting on the "luke warm" reception from the clubs Wade commented he is not concerned with how they receive it.
Devils(now for the good news)
  • Unless the Devils receive a further $350,000 from the AFL the Devils will go into recession next year(yay) This is on top of the $700,000 extra they have already been promised.
  • No alliance(which is why they will need more funding)
  • Re-signing with the VFL - no SANFL deal.
Think that was the gist of it. Shhh I think I hear the sound of Scott Wade digging his own grave!:rolleyes:

Got the damn computer back after it conked out,

Quote off an article on the ABC news website,

"The general manager, Scott Wade, says AFL Tasmania has formed a long term plan to improve the game.
"It will be built for the young fellas who are 12,13,14 and playing now," Wade said.
"The past is the past and what we're thinking about here is the future so we are trying to build a proposal that is for the future and is sustainable."

Is it my imagination or am I seeing pigs and little fairies flying through the sky?

OZ - Where is this weeks ODFA game being held as your Hawks are playing at Oatlands - assume it is Woodsdale V Mt Pleasant at Campania?

Yes exactly, and the hill on the broadcast side had about four people on it when they showed it in the second quarter.
Just showed a shot of Cressa in the coaches box, looks like he's just got out of bed :eek:

Watch Mr Cresswell in this weeks "Dare to be a Devil" ads - he looks like he is half asleep as well. :D

OZ - Where is this weeks ODFA game being held as your Hawks are playing at Oatlands - assume it is Woodsdale V Mt Pleasant at Campania?

Yep back down there. Don't think there will be quite the excitement as there was during the Woodsdale/Ross match.

And Sportstalk, what was that message in your blog about Ben Atkin being on report? No one seems to know anything about it.

Yep back down there. Don't think there will be quite the excitement as there was during the Woodsdale/Ross match.

And Sportstalk, what was that message in your blog about Ben Atkin being on report? No one seems to know anything about it.

Must have been withdrawn afterwards, that came from the Match Manager that I spoke to during the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back