News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His parents live in Geelong, he supported the Cats as a kid and his favourite player is Selwood. Easy decision to make, he will go going to the Cats.

His parents live in Geelong, he supported the Cats as a kid and his favourite player is Selwood. Easy decision to make, he will go going to the Cats.

Yep - The Bloody Cats Steal Another Player we have Targeted:mad:

It's out of us and the Cats for Adams, ignore any article that says other wise.

If the trade period had of opened on Friday we would have had Adams for sure but in the last day or so the Cats have come hard at him.

I still think we'll get him (we have more to offer) but it's no certainty any more.
Why do the Cats always get Players we Targeted:mad:

Fingers crossed we get him, would be ideal for cultural and leadership reasons, and thats without even counting what he would be doing on-field. Is the right age too!

I think he is worth a lot more to us than he is to Geelong really.

Fingers crossed we get him, would be ideal for cultural and leadership reasons, and thats without even counting what he would be doing on-field. Is the right age too!

I think he is worth a lot more to us than he is to Geelong really.

Spot On and Cats got Caddy last season who are Similar players

From Facebook page AFL season and off season news
1116 SEN have reported that GWS have declined interest in Geelong's Travis Varcoe, who was reported to be trade bait to lure Taylor Adams to the Cats.
Probably not the most reliable sources(facebook and SEN) but still good news!

1116 SEN have reported that GWS have declined interest in Geelong's Travis Varcoe, who was reported to be trade bait to lure Taylor Adams to the Cats.

Hope it's true. Come on Heater do the Right Thing Mate. You could be Captain at GWS next year

I was wondering why GWS would be into Varcoe. He seems shot and not in their ideal age bracket or skill-level. Varcoe wouldn't be a bad punt for us actually - pending his knees holding up.

Varcoe has no ticker, we don't want any players who aren't prepared to put their body on the line.

Would provide good run and carry out of our backline similar to Leon (if his body was right) but I agree has a bit of a pea-heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would provide good run and carry out of our backline similar to Leon (if his body was right) but I agree has a bit of a pea-heart.
He has heaps of run, and other than costing the cats a recent final, a good ball user, but Leon knew how to manipulate his opponent by using his body. He knew how to position himself to be best placed in a marking duel and to make it easy for him to roll off his man. Barcode may be ok on a wing but I would hate to have to rely on him when it gets hard and fierce.

TradeDraft I think you'll finally hear something tomorrow mate. Adams is heading o/s with a few of the Giants boys on Tuesday. Could be a nervous wait for you if nothing's done til he returns haha

Well I hope so. Shaw and Varcoe don't look to be Traded there

CH9 News just had 3 main players as Geelong, Richmond and Melbourne.
Highly doubt he would be coming to the Pies.
Would be one of the 3 main players.

No, no, no.

We have more to offer GWS and it seems he's not dying in a ditch over Geelong at all.

He tweeted about Maxwell being a great captain but two days ago. With our leadership focus this boy could make a bee-line for the leadership in a few years.

Personally I hope that we give Ball the captaincy next year and wait to see if Pendles is up to it. He's not the best communicator to my mind.

What are the chances they just took this from the AFL.com.au trade winds though? I wouldn't believe much more on this Taylor Adams situation at the moment unless it's coming from the Pies, from his management group or from Taylor Adams himself.

It's out of us and the Cats for Adams, ignore any article that says other wise.

If the trade period had of opened on Friday we would have had Adams for sure but in the last day or so the Cats have come hard at him.

I still think we'll get him (we have more to offer) but it's no certainty any more.

What happened to the "don't worry he will be a pie" talk?

Bit premature hey.

FWIW I still hope we snag pick 9 from GWS instead of Adams

What are the chances they just took this from the AFL.com.au trade winds though? I wouldn't believe much more on this Taylor Adams situation at the moment unless it's coming from the Pies, from his management group or from Taylor Adams himself.

Don't bother me. I much prefer Luke Shuey though :D

What if we withdrew our interest because we are after someone else? Would explain why he hasn't nominated a club yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back