Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s clearly heart broken at missing the captaincy then the flag

Sad to see him go. Such a warrior who sets a great standard around the club and in the training track

Hopefully it’s a seemless trade. Will be strange seeing him in a swans jumper 😔

Contrary to what others think… I think young Carmichael is ready to play that hybrid mid half forward role

Either way just good to see some rejuvenation and another spot open up for a kid

3 years would be hard to knock back & the swans are always contending. That said would you prefer to challenge for a flag with a new team or with one where you’ve played 175 games.

Plus if Adams could win one with us, the status of a Collingwood premiership player would add some $ post footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not so sure that we genuinely wanted to keep him.
We need to stop with the conspiracy theories and deal in facts. Adams is under contract. If Sydney don’t show an interest he stays.

We need to stop with the conspiracy theories and deal in facts. Adams is under contract. If Sydney don’t show an interest he stays.
The Swans didn’t decide in the last week that they were interested.

Which means the Pies didn’t decide in the last week to not stand in his way I would suspect.

Sad to see him go :(

On the topic of his replacement, I think his mid/fwd role has been taken over by Naicos. The spot that got opened up was at half back taken by WHE.

So unless a Crisp, Pendlebury or Naicos move back a mid/fwd isn’t being opened up by this departure.

Sydney have done well snatching Pie players who give great service. Paul Williams, Nick Davis and Andrew Schauble were all very good for them. I know we got Pebbles after one year there and Licuria which is a good return.

The Swans didn’t decide in the last week that they were interested.

Which means the Pies didn’t decide in the last week to not stand in his way I would suspect.
The only thing the Pies could have done would be to extend his contract. Clearly that was never an option.
All I’m saying is that Adams would be staying if there was no offer from Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back