Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ll certainly make it seems they don’t want to give him up. Need max compensation for him. So for now, he’s out most important, amazing leader at the club.
Touché.

I think we will be angling for the Swans early second rounder.

We will say more - maybe the Stephens trade they will get which shapes as a FRP but accept the second rounder.

Adams has been a fine servant but I think this may be a blessing in disguise. It gives us great cap relief which we can use to front end someone this year or target someone this year or next who might have a bit more footy left. We will need to start moving on some of the older blokes soon and this is one where we can actually get some benefit in return without having to upset the player.

Given the smashing he has given his body, it would not surprise me if he hit the wall quickly.

He almost got us over the line in 2018 and will remember him fondly for that.

Adams has been a fine servant but I think this may be a blessing in disguise. It gives us great cap relief which we can use to front end someone this year or target someone this year or next who might have a bit more footy left. We will need to start moving on some of the older blokes soon and this is one where we can actually get some benefit in return without having to upset the player.

Given the smashing he has given his body, it would not surprise me if he hit the wall quickly.

Probably wins the Norm if we get up

sad that he's leaving ..great warrior for the club ..hoping we don't just fall into line with Sydney ..dont think its the end of the world if you take into consideration his age ,proneness to injuries , turnovers and also now upside salary cap relief

We need to stop with the conspiracy theories and deal in facts. Adams is under contract. If Sydney don’t show an interest he stays.
Don’t want him to stay now. He’s shown his hand here.
We have a great culture now. I see this causing division already.

Don’t want him to stay now. He’s shown his hand here.
We have a great culture now. I see this causing division already.
There won’t be any division. The club will get the deal done and we move on.

The only thing the Pies could have done would be to extend his contract. Clearly that was never an option.
All I’m saying is that Adams would be staying if there was no offer from Sydney.
Yeah I reckon an extension must have been mentioned by Tay and his management but probably for the straight bat answer back of talk next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sad that he's leaving ..great warrior for the club ..hoping we don't just fall into line with Sydney ..dont think its the end of the world if you take into consideration his age ,proneness to injuries , turnovers and also now upside salary cap relief
Hope we get relief re salary's considering we are paying Adam T and Brody G

Not gaining the captaincy probably hurt him more than was acknowledged.

Losing his midfield spot to Mitchell would have been a hit to the ego.

Missing out on another final series and a Premiershp due to injury was seemingly the knockout blow for his time at Collingwood.

He remains contracted however, is our vice captain, Sydney have pursued him and they now need to provide us with appropriate compensation.

Pick 23 would get it done on our end and I suggest we get a move on demanding it as Melbourne will be after that pick for Grundy.

Seems like Tay is a realist. It’s not only that midfield opportunities got tighter this year, we also won a GF without him. He would have played if fit, but he wasn’t and he didn’t, and we played the game of our lives to win. And midfield space should be tighter again next year, with (we hope) Macrae and Allan coming on.

I feel callous just writing this, but again I love him, and wish the best for him.

All logic aside, I’m gutted by this. Bloke has been an absolute warrior for us, terrific leader and always gave his all for the club. Was devastated he missed the opportunity to get a premiership medal, he deserved it as much as anyone on our list.

Good luck to him in the future, hope we see him around the club down the track. Thanks for everything Tay 🖤🤍

Hate to see him go, but it is what it is.

I can't see us getting a great deal for him, he's 30 years old so getting on a bit and now has a hamstring issue.
Sydney want him for 3 years.
Let’s see just how much they want him.
He’s contracted with us still.
As our statement read “the club will DISCUSS this REQUEST with Sydney”

It’s a very nonchalant response from the club. I like it.

We have all the bargaining chips here.

We have a best 22 player we’re ok having for another year (I’m personally not ok having him now).

They want him and for 3 years.

They need to make it worth out while to let him go.

i am going to zig on 2018, he made one of his classic bonehead mistakes which cost us a goal, and of course we lost by less than a goal.

Graham Wright knows exactly what he is doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back