Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t mind being a fly on the wall in his exit interview!
I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a trade request. He’d be within reason to try and I reckon Sydney would be ok moving him on.

Unlike us, they’ve treated him poorly. We valued him. He was a key part of our side.

They’ve tossed him to the scrap heap and not even named him an emergency. Shows how little they think of him.

I’m not sure if anyone would take him outside of us.
Sydney wouldn't be too impressed with grundy either, I would imagine. His first half of the year was great but after that, he was just a very average ruckman for them again. Grundy should have his opponent yesterday but I don't think he did

I’m not sure if anyone would take him outside of us.
No maybe not. Serves Sydney right if they’re stuck paying him for two more years now. Idiots to give an older bloke with a body that fails him, 3 years. But I guess they have salary cap to burn.

Would we take him back? I don’t think so actually.

One of the lesser, rebuilding type clubs might want him for his experience.

Sydney wouldn't be too impressed with grundy either, I would imagine. His first half of the year was great but after that, he was just a very average ruckman for them again. Grundy should have his opponent yesterday but I don't think he did

He’s just not a competitive killer. He should have made a mess of Darcy Fort.

At 31 wouldn't be surprised if he called it a day, or he may back himself to go around again with Sydney and become a regular in their side.
I'm not sure what sides in the premiership window would actually take and make him a regular in their side each week. If he was looking to play regular senior footy, he may have to get to a North, West Coast or even a Richmond who could use his experience in their midfields....

No maybe not. Serves Sydney right if they’re stuck paying him for two more years now. Idiots to give an older bloke with a body that fails him, 3 years. But I guess they have salary cap to burn.

I'd try and get him to norf. His experience and professionalism would help their kids.

At 31 wouldn't be surprised if he called it a day, or he may back himself to go around again with Sydney and become a regular in their side.
I'm not sure what sides in the premiership window would actually take and make him a regular in their side each week. If he was looking to play regular senior footy, he may have to get to a North, West Coast or even a Richmond who could use his experience in their midfields....

I know what you mean but he was good for us in 23.

He still gave plenty to offer, this was just bad man management by Sydney.

He clearly should have played yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s just not a competitive killer. He should have made a mess of Darcy Fort.
Really disappointing. A ruckman who can't take marks around the ground and especially down the line is not what you want from a ruck. He almost looked disinterested yesterday.

We wanted to extend his career at another club that was in the premiership window. He has got what he wanted. Bad luck for him if the grass isn’t greener on the other side, he needs to play out his term with the Swans now and htfu to get back into the team.

In all seriousness, I would not take him back. I was pretty happy that he left.

I think it’s sad for Tay, sad for us.
He was a warrior for us. I really admired him and thank him for his role in getting us to the gf.

He really made a poor decision at the end of 23 - was it emotion on missing gf? Was it the security of 3 years? I’m not sure. I think if he had his time over, Tay would have stayed and we both would have benefited.

He really made a poor decision at the end of 23 - was it emotion on missing gf? Was it the security of 3 years? I’m not sure. I think if he had his time over, Tay would have stayed and we both would have benefited.
I think it was because we did his fitness test early in the week, rather than at the last minute like we would have if it was Jordy.

If that’s the real reason he left then that sort of self entitlement justifies people throwing the word karma around

People don’t actually know.

It’s more likely that another club said we will play you in your preferred role, and we will give you financial security.

He saw himself as a midfielder not a high half forward.

He got it wrong but what do athletes have it’s not self belief?

People don’t actually know.

It’s more likely that another club said we will play you in your preferred role, and we will give you financial security.

He saw himself as a midfielder not a high half forward.

He got it wrong but what do athletes have it’s not self belief?

I said IF that’s the only reason. Of course we don’t know why he left but there will presumably be a combination of factors, even possibly the club suggesting to him to look elsewhere. Of course he didn't end up back in his preferred role anyway, lesson being beware of those bearing gifts!

His self belief is all he has left now, so his best option is to get back into the Swans best 22. He’d be in next week given how pathetic they were yesterday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back