Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a trade request. He’d be within reason to try and I reckon Sydney would be ok moving him on.

Unlike us, they’ve treated him poorly. We valued him. He was a key part of our side.

They’ve tossed him to the scrap heap and not even named him an emergency. Shows how little they think of him.
I disagree.
One moment people here are saying they don’t blame him for leaving because he secured his future. He has a contract which will be honoured.

Since when should a club be forced to play a player if they feel his form isn’t up to standard or doesn’t fit the balance for the GF team?

I said IF that’s the only reason. Of course we don’t know why he left but there will presumably be a combination of factors, even possibly the club suggesting to him to look elsewhere. Of course he didn't end up back in his preferred role anyway, lesson being beware of those bearing gifts!

His self belief is all he has left now, so his best option is to get back into the Swans best 22. He’d be in next week given how pathetic they were yesterday.
When he went over, Heeney wasn’t playing midfield.

All of Heeney, Warner and Rowbottom are street ahead of Adams. I can’t see where Adams can possibly play outside of the role he played with us in 2024.

If that’s the real reason he left then that sort of self entitlement justifies people throwing the word karma around
In not that critical. Does Adams make it at all if he wasn't self focussed with an enormous self belief.

It's just sad that a bloke who played such a big role in our success didn't enjoy the success

Go back and watch the first quarter of the Melb final. Taylor in raging bull mode set up our final series

In not that critical. Does Adams make it at all if he wasn't self focussed with an enormous self belief.

It's just sad that a bloke who played such a big role in our success didn't enjoy the success

Go back and watch the first quarter of the Melb final. Taylor in raging bull mode set up our final series
Watched it yesterday and what I really noticed ironically was Mitchell! He was massive in the melb game and the gf, and very good against the giants. Receruiting Titch was the death knell for Adams in terms of his preferrred position

I think it’s sad for Tay, sad for us.
He was a warrior for us. I really admired him and thank him for his role in getting us to the gf.

He really made a poor decision at the end of 23 - was it emotion on missing gf? Was it the security of 3 years? I’m not sure. I think if he had his time over, Tay would have stayed and we both would have benefited.
I’ve said it before, that a Melbourne fan posted after 1st final that Adams was going to the Swans. I argued with him at the time. So he was already in deep discussions with them to move. It was well before his injury. So, I think him missing out on the GF had nothing to do with it.

Could only be contract or playing in his preferred position.

Adams obviously had a strong relationship with Buckley. Maybe he didn’t feel the love from Macrae and bringing in Mitchell confirmed that in his mind.

When he went over, Heeney wasn’t playing midfield.

All of Heeney, Warner and Rowbottom are street ahead of Adams. I can’t see where Adams can possibly play outside of the role he played with us in 2024.

Well that’s his problem and his lack of foresight about what opportunities he’d get in his preferred role. He should have gone to a basketcase club if he wanted to dictate his role on the field.

I’ve said it before, that a Melbourne fan posted after 1st final that Adams was going to the Swans. I argued with him at the time. So he was already in deep discussions with them to move. It was well before his injury. So, I think him missing out on the GF had nothing to do with it.

Could only be contract or playing in his preferred position.

Adams obviously had a strong relationship with Buckley. Maybe he didn’t feel the love from Macrae and bringing in Mitchell confirmed that in his mind.
Whatever the reason/s, I think it’s sad he wasn’t w us in 2024

Whatever the reason/s, I think it’s sad he wasn’t w us in 2024
Disagree. We need to turn over an aging list with some degree of urgency so moving him on at least reduced the number of veterans by one. Whilst he obviously would have been handy this year given our injury list, that’s just the random roll of the dice. It could have just as easily been him injured not mitchell.

Disagree. We need to turn over an aging list with some degree of urgency so moving him on at least reduced the number of veterans by one. Whilst he obviously would have been handy this year given our injury list, that’s just the random roll of the dice.
Moving them on is the easy part. Replacing them is the hard bit. There was nothing gained by Taylor's spot on the list being replaced by guys like Sullivan and Bytel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney wouldn't be too impressed with grundy either, I would imagine. His first half of the year was great but after that, he was just a very average ruckman for them again. Grundy should have his opponent yesterday but I don't think he did
Grundy always struggles against lesser known ruckman and plays well against more recognisable ones...so predictable

I would like to thank ashcroft and Hayward for turning 20 dollars into 340

Barley watched the game or any final this year

Bring on 2025

Sydney wouldn't be too impressed with grundy either, I would imagine. His first half of the year was great but after that, he was just a very average ruckman for them again. Grundy should have his opponent yesterday but I don't think he did
I thought he was pretty good. Won a lot of the footy. It's more that we have a different understanding of the game than we used to - hard won disposals or hitouts that amount to nothing aren't that useful.

I thought he was pretty good. Won a lot of the footy. It's more that we have a different understanding of the game than we used to - hard won disposals or hitouts that amount to nothing aren't that useful.
Interesting how people see it differently.

Grundy was more than reasonable, he certainly wasn't the issue.

Interesting how people see it differently.

Grundy was more than reasonable, he certainly wasn't the issue.
It was the type of game where he would have gotten massive plaudits if the mids performed and his side won.

Not sure if it's a Grundy thing to do with the buzzword of connection or just a reality that rucks just don't have that big an impact at stoppage. He would though if he had the awareness to be able to handball to advantage.

I think there was a stat Grundy had of his 35 hitouts, 15 went directly to the opposition.

I don’t think he was effective around the ground, but he ended up being one of the Swans better players.

I think there was a stat Grundy had of his 35 hitouts, 15 went directly to the opposition.

I don’t think he was effective around the ground, but he ended up being one of the Swans better players.
It was the kind of game he was playing when he was an All Australian perceived to be one of the most valuable players in the game. He won a heap of hitouts, a heap of clearances and a heap of contested footy. The footy world just looks more at the outcomes than we used to.

Our former Vice Captain shopped himself around after having his ego bruised by being playing in the forward line.

Horse blew smoke up his arse (not Fly) and he ends up not even being in the top 26 players.

A real leader would have backed himself at his current club, and in reality, he would've played plenty of midfield time at the pies this season.

Sydney didn't recruit him and sign him for 3 years because they thought he'd be depth. They've had a couple of blokes go gangbusters unexpectedly and thus don't need the extra grunt that they would have needed otherwise. Sydney didn't see it coming, so not sure why people expect Taylor to have seen it coming.

Who exactly? Heeney, Warner and Gulden were already A graders.

I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a trade request. He’d be within reason to try and I reckon Sydney would be ok moving him on.

Unlike us, they’ve treated him poorly. We valued him. He was a key part of our side.

They’ve tossed him to the scrap heap and not even named him an emergency. Shows how little they think of him.

He was in poor form for most of the season. He made a crap decision going to the Swans. It was purely a financial move. Will be stuck playing 2's for the next couple of seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back