Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot-2024-05-24-161722.png

these extra album things are getting ridiculous!
It's very deliberate. It's basically staying on top of the Billboard 200 charts and how Billboard count albums.

She knows her fans will buy 3 albums just to get all the songs.

I wouldn't be surprised to Billboard change how they count albums in the future.

Oh we can't discuss or criticize her unless we've heard the latest album

Anyway I'll leave you to it, don't quote me anymore, I haven't heard Poets so I'm not welcome

I have a big music backlog before I get around to more Taylor

Oh we can't discuss or criticize her unless we've heard the latest album

Anyway I'll leave you to it, don't quote me anymore, I haven't heard Poets so I'm not welcome

I have a big music backlog before I get around to more Taylor
Not at all, but all your “discussion was a YouTube link and the fact that you think she’s “serviceable” except you like 2 of her last 4 albums (one of which you’ve not heard).

So really, you’re not actually contributing anything.

You’ve also now packed up your bat and ball twice when it’s been pointed out that you have nothing to contribute.

What did you expect?

If you actually have something of substance to add I’m sure people would be interested.

You keep responding to me despite not wanting me here, I don't get it

I try to get out and you guys keep responding to me

I came back because someone quoted me

Please stop quoting me, I'm not interested anymore

I have nothing to add, I think she's an average artist

Now stop quoting me

Sorry I wasn’t attacking you! Just asking because you said she hasn’t released anything good since evermore, and I was intrigued cos TTPD is better than that album imo.

He's partially correct in that Midnights and TTPD isn't as good as folklore in my opinion.

I was as surprised as everyone else when Midnights won Album of the Year at the Grammys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's partially correct in that Midnights and TTPD isn't as good as folklore in my opinion.

I was as surprised as everyone else when Midnights won Album of the Year at the Grammys.
His point wasnt that as he noted he hadnt even listened to TTPD, he was just in here to take a potshot as someone who doesnt even listen to her.

Again, if he had something of any substance to critique im sure people would have listened. The fans arent dismissive of criticism when its got some merit and consideration.

His point wasnt that as he noted he hadnt even listened to TTPD, he was just in here to take a potshot as someone who doesnt even listen to her.

Again, if he had something of any substance to critique im sure people would have listened. The fans arent dismissive of criticism when its got some merit and consideration.

Yeah he was a bit antagonistic but I'd rather try not to chase everyone away tbh. I also don't think we have to listen to every album before offering an opinion especially if that person or band has a ton of them. From the sounds of it the poster listened to and had a favourable opinion of folklore and that is an album where I completely understand if you're not a fan because it's very different from pre-folklore Taylor.

I can have a discussion about that. Personally, I thought reputation was somewhat meh but many list it as their favourite. And the Anthology songs from TTPD still are taking a while to grow on me and may never do. It's somewhat disappointing imo.

Yeah he was a bit antagonistic but I'd rather try not to chase everyone away tbh. I also don't think we have to listen to every album before offering an opinion especially if that person or band has a ton of them. From the sounds of it the poster listened to and had a favourable opinion of folklore and that is an album where I completely understand if you're not a fan because it's very different from pre-folklore Taylor.

I can have a discussion about that. Personally, I thought reputation was somewhat meh but many list it as their favourite. And the Anthology songs from TTPD still are taking a while to grow on me and may never do. It's somewhat disappointing imo.
I didnt chase anyone away, i asked if he had anything to contribute and he took his bat and ball and ran off.

You also dont have to listen to every album but when you make a specific point about an artists recent stuff being average i reckon you need to have listened to their recent stuff. Its akin to panning a film you watched half of.

Your commentary about the albums is fair, i dont necessarily agree with it but its considered and thoughtful, thats a proper criticism. His was not. His whole persona in this thread border on trolling.

I was just asking the question to get a gauge of how they'd formed their opinion :(

You keep responding to me despite not wanting me here, I don't get it

I try to get out and you guys keep responding to me

I came back because someone quoted me

Please stop quoting me, I'm not interested anymore

I have nothing to add, I think she's an average artist

Now stop quoting me
If that was your point, why bother coming in here? It doesn't make much sense to me personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Back