TAZ & #5 FOR DELEDIO

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87 said:
does everyone forget there is also pick 5???????
Hurn/Ryder/Dowler/Kennedy!!!

Chris Tarrant taking the most marks in the league at his fittest and kicking and setting up about 60-70 goals a year plus the fifth best youngster in the country

yeah that is the point! we are giving away way to much! are you ********** crazy?!

so your saying give them a potential star player plus tarrant who is already a star (and i dont care what other idiots say about him being crap be cause yeah he had a bad year, but everyone knows any club would have him in a heart beat)!

possibly the worst 'trade' ive heard. deledio will be one of the greatest players ever, and i wouldnt swap him for collingwoods whole starting 22.

MagpieScouser said:
no way jose,id want delidio tambling and richmonds first 2 picks for tazza

if the pies gave us first 5 picks in this years draft we wouldn't give you deledio or for a washed up hack.keep dreaming!!!!. :rolleyes:

remind said:
Tarrant and pick #5 for Delideo

In Eddie's dreams!

Deliedio is the next Chris Judd.!!

Why would Richmond want a injury proned overrated forward who cannot kick more than 40metres!!
Well kick straight I mean!!
Especially when you already have Ritcho.

I recon there is a level of risk for both clubs and can be a win/win trade.
Collingwood get that young star midfielder (ready made) its looking for and we can easily cover Tarrant with the young talls coming in, such as Sean Rustling, re-draft Davidson as a rookie, Brent Hall & Travis Cloke. Lets remember Buckley can cover Tarrant and Rocca is back from injury with the likes of Didak, Carecella and Davis/Egan doing the crumbing, so thats forward line covered.

Richmond gets the tall forward capable of standing up at HF taking marks on the wing supplying the likes of Richo and Browny with balls into the 50.
With that Richmond will also be getting the 5th best youngster in the country, a midfielder such as Hurn or a tall like Dowler. I think it is logical and would be suitable, i suggested it to hear opinioins, mature opinions, not bit.ching from fans of both clubs.

PieLebo87 said:
I recon there is a level of risk for both clubs and can be a win/win trade.
Collingwood get that young star midfielder (ready made) its looking for and we can easily cover Tarrant with the young talls coming in, such as Sean Rustling, re-draft Davidson as a rookie, Brent Hall & Travis Cloke. Lets remember Buckley can cover Tarrant and Rocca is back from injury with the likes of Didak, Carecella and Davis/Egan doing the crumbing, so thats forward line covered.

Richmond gets the tall forward capable of standing up at HF taking marks on the wing supplying the likes of Richo and Browny with balls into the 50.
With that Richmond will also be getting the 5th best youngster in the country, a midfielder such as Hurn or a tall like Dowler. I think it is logical and would be suitable, i suggested it to hear opinioins, mature opinions, not bit.ching from fans of both clubs.
m8 it's not going 2 happen so don't bother. Deledio will win a brownlow and captain a premiership. At Richmond :thumbsu:

Terry's Tigers said:
m8 it's not going 2 happen so don't bother. Deledio will win a brownlow and captain a premiership. At Richmond :thumbsu:
I know it won't happen, i wanted to hear peoples opinions, READ IT PROPERLY MATE, if it was up to me, i wouldn't want to cause instabitily in a team by getting rid of a star player and personally after discussing it with a mate (Richmond supporter) i don't think its worth giving away someone of Tarrants calibre AND a youngster (PICK NUMBER FIVE) for one player, no matter what hes capable of, potential is an ugly word in football buddy, don't talk him up toooooooooo much, wouldnt want to see him fall with a broken leg and ******** up his career, don't rest Richmonds fortunes on ONE player, we did that down at Collingwood with one player called Nathan Buckley, we never got a Premiership out of it. I wanted to hear some arguments for and against this trade, which is why i put it up..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M8 I talk Richmond up as fun as I have yet to witness a premiership in a life time, just like any other supporter talks their club up. U have 2 believe to good ol' theres always next year. Deledio is the most promising player we have had in a decade. That doesn't mean he is worth Tarrant and pick 5. But he has the potential to be anything. Again he will have 2 work hard. Browny will return. And it shows just how cruel the game is u finally reach your peak or play up 2 your potential eg Rhyce Shaw and the game(Injury) shoots you down. And yes I did realise it was a hypothetical.

Trade doesn't make sense for me. Midfielders with explosive pace, a great set of hands and excellent disposal are just too rare and is exactly what Richmond need more of, not less. Whilst Tarrant would no doubt be an excellent addition as a roaming forward, he is not worth what we would lose out of the middle. Deledio will be very important to the side as he will become one of the key 'inside-50' players for the tiges, finishing off the hard work at stoppages by Coughlan and Tuck. Taking him out would leave the disposal into the forward line as the same as we have had for years (ie poor), which means there is less value in having key forwards up there as the ball just won't get to them. Needless to say Deledio fits in perfectly with Wallace's gameplan.

Yes, pick 5 is there too, but it's quite likely that the 3 top midfielders will be gone by that stage leaving KPPs. Now granted we need to start boosting our young KPP stocks, but if we took Deledio out of our midfield we're going to need a replacement otherwise we are stuck with the same problems as this year, good ball winners, no outside players to then receive and deliver. We'd also have pick 8 still available which we can use on a KPP anyway, so no urgent need for pick 5. Whoever we pick at 5 will also be a risk, there are no guarantees they will make it (trust me, at Richmond we know that a high draft pick doesn't necessarily mean you're getting a good player). Keeping Deledio there is zero risk, we all know he's going to be at worst a pretty good player, and at best he could be a superstar.

i wouldnt trade him for anything. he is worth his weight in gold, and although tarrant and your pick five would be two great players, a player like lids just can not be replaced.

jezza said:
Trade doesn't make sense for me. Midfielders with explosive pace, a great set of hands and excellent disposal are just too rare and is exactly what Richmond need more of, not less. Whilst Tarrant would no doubt be an excellent addition as a roaming forward, he is not worth what we would lose out of the middle. Deledio will be very important to the side as he will become one of the key 'inside-50' players for the tiges, finishing off the hard work at stoppages by Coughlan and Tuck. Taking him out would leave the disposal into the forward line as the same as we have had for years (ie poor), which means there is less value in having key forwards up there as the ball just won't get to them. Needless to say Deledio fits in perfectly with Wallace's gameplan.

Yes, pick 5 is there too, but it's quite likely that the 3 top midfielders will be gone by that stage leaving KPPs. Now granted we need to start boosting our young KPP stocks, but if we took Deledio out of our midfield we're going to need a replacement otherwise we are stuck with the same problems as this year, good ball winners, no outside players to then receive and deliver. We'd also have pick 8 still available which we can use on a KPP anyway, so no urgent need for pick 5. Whoever we pick at 5 will also be a risk, there are no guarantees they will make it (trust me, at Richmond we know that a high draft pick doesn't necessarily mean you're getting a good player). Keeping Deledio there is zero risk, we all know he's going to be at worst a pretty good player, and at best he could be a superstar.

Darth_Tiger said:
i wouldnt trade him for anything. he is worth his weight in gold, and although tarrant and your pick five would be two great players, a player like lids just can not be replaced.

Two logical replies i respect.. but there is an element of risk that could be taken that would be a win win situation for the Tiges, such as picking up a Hurn with #5 and him turning out to be the midfield star that he will be.
As for Tarrant, take any smart Collingwood supporter's word, this bloke will be back and firing next year, you can expect him to be bringing down 10-15 marks for 4-5 games next year and he would be having a disappointing game if he hasnt set up 2-3 and also kicked 2-3 when at his fittest and firing.. but then theres Richo.. but those replies are correct, Richmond are at a rebuilding stage and this kind of risk isn't worth it

The Dice Man said:
For what its worth, this thread is probably he stupidest pipe dream Ive read on the internet in the last 43 years.

Has the internet been around for 43 years? :confused: Geez your doing well for yourself ;)

PieLebo87 said:
Has the internet been around for 43 years? :confused: Geez your doing well for yourself ;)

You started this thread, and I doubt you'd pass my proposal.

And yes, brain surgeons at NASA were using the internet in 1962 to transmit brainwave frequencies to and from orbiting monkeys, in order to regulate their 'waiste' patterns.

If you knew your internet history, you'd know this.

The Dice Man said:
You started this thread, and I doubt you'd pass my proposal.

And yes, brain surgeons at NASA were using the internet in 1962 to transmit brainwave frequencies to and from orbiting monkeys, in order to regulate their 'waiste' patterns.

If you knew your internet history, you'd know this.
hahahahahaha cute, some bloke that follows Richmond was using the internet from NASA to make comments on football... now THATS a diehard fan.. :confused: who where you exchanging messages to? The Martians?

PieLebo87 said:
hahahahahaha cute, some bloke that follows Richmond was using the internet from NASA to make comments on football... now THATS a diehard fan.. :confused: who where you exchanging messages to? The Martians?

Sorry but where did I say it was I who was using the internet back in 1962?

You've seriously mixed up my post and gone into some bizarre fantasy land of your own creation.

Weirdo.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAZ & #5 FOR DELEDIO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back