Taz Deal Done? (Now Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Taz Deal Done? (Not Confirmed)

Someone here who follows it more closely than me reckons it's a bit more than 43 for 44 suggests as 43 is a 2nd rounder and 44 a 3rd rounder and so all the GC compensation picks go in between 43-->44

so better for Freo(if this is correct)

No, it's not. The bulk of the compensation picks sit between 26 and 27.

would have prefered to force tarrant into retirement.

anyone know how many senior list spots we are likely to have after our rookie upgrades?

we've already used up 3 spots
on griffen mzungu and faulks

Draft picks we had at the start of the week were 20, 38, 55, 72, 89, 106, 123, 140. So 72 would be our 4th.

In free agency soon we would have nothing.......might as well start getting used to it

If he'd moved as a free agent we would have received a compo pick though. Not sure 100% on the rules as Taz had already been at 2 clubs so not even sure he would have qualified as a free agent. Pretty sure the compensation structure is similar to the GC and GWS compo over the next couple of years, except it is not valid for 5 years. Realistically if this move had happened in 2012 we probably would have received a pick around 19/20 depending on priority picks and the like.

May need to correct me if I am wrong guys but here is what I think we gain/lose overall in trade week:

Trade 1: Fremantle gains Faulks + Pick 61 for Pick 55
Trade 2: Fremantle gain Mzungu + Pick 44 for Pick 38
Trade 3: Fremantle gain Griffin for Pick 61
Trade 4: Fremantle gain Picks 43 + 55 for Tarrant + Pick 44

So overall:

Gain: Faulks, Mzungu, Griffin and Pick 43
Lose: Pick 38 and Tarrant.

Is this correct? or have I missed something here.... Pretty good week if im right!

Overall I think it's been a good trade week. We have gained three players who will be able to play senior footy straight away and moved one of our picks down a few spots.

Well done to our blokes I'd say it's easily a distinction mark for the week :)

We received Griffin, Faulks and Mzungu
We lost Tarrant.

I think thats a win for us.

I'm not sure if I'd take that as a trade, but for the fact that Taz was going eitherway, it's a win yea for sure.

Thinking about that pick 55, it's done the rounds hasn't it (By my reckoning: Freo -> GC -> Bris -> Collingwood -> Freo)

Interesting to see who we get from it.

I'm not sure if I'd take that as a trade, but for the fact that Taz was going eitherway, it's a win yea for sure.

Thinking about that pick 55, it's done the rounds hasn't it (By my reckoning: Freo -> GC -> Bris -> Collingwood -> Freo)

Interesting to see who we get from it.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on who we pick up for pick 55.

Pick 43 should get tarrants jersey and all the encouragement in the world so we can see him "do a suban" and make collingwood wish they had of kept it.

Im not too bummed, he is a crap bloke and 30...

If we get 100 games out of pick 43 we more than win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So minutes after we finalise the deal with Collingwood for Tarrant, Collingwood reveal details of a deal with West Coast that results in Collingwood getting pick 45 for the third round compensatory pick they got for Fraser.

They knew they were going to get it all along but chose to hide it from us until the end knowing that we would instead ask for pick 45 (i.e. as they would of had pick 43 and 45).

Reeks of Geelong last year. We held out to the end hoping for better and finally agreed to trade Drum for pick 48 or whatever then minutes later Geelong reveal a trade that netted them two picks in the 30's.

You got screwed like we got screwed last year with Ball. Very similar circumstances where the players only wanted to go to the filth. Same manager too. Held a gun to our clubs heads and would not let us get the best trade deal as they would not deal with other clubs other than the filth. I was hoping you would hold out to see how this would have been handled in the PSD. I reckon it is draft tampering. Threatening to retire if he did not go to the filth is draft tampering to me and pity it has not been tested in the PSD.

I don't know how the filth and Paul Connors get away with this again.

AFL.com has the draft order up now and it seems to confirm that 43 isn't a compo pick, I know they are end of round 2 and first pick in round 3 but it looks like switching 43 and 44 was just about a bit of pride?

Or is there some other difference between being round 2 and 3?

we did well filling holes an an getting good deals with all the other players.

But the Taz deal means overall we still got shafted.
We would of easily got a sub 40 pick from any other club
All we got for Taz was pick 55 a 1 pick upgrade is nothing, alll we can do with that is find out who collingwood are getting then pinch him.

So Sam Jacobs is worth pick 33 an 67
Jeremy laidler is worth pick 53 an a 5 pick downgrade.

No doubts about it we got bent over bigtime.
We held out all week for a massive 1 pick upgrade, guess they enjoy getting bent over by collingwood an wanted to make it last longer.
Seriously Taz for pick 55 we were better off walking out an making them use their pick 43 to pick him up in draft (if he was still available)

Did well with the other stuff but this turns trade week into a big loss.
Not only that other clubs will know to just leave it till final minutes of trade week an we will give in.

The solution is to never trade for overrated KPPs again.

yep i agree with this. while we got shafted here, i dont see that as afault of the current administration, they were simply trying make the best of a bad situation. it was schwabbolly's fault this happened, we need to learn from our mistakes and not let it happen again. im confident under bondy and harves there will be no groundhog day on this, lets face it, taz could go out in round 1, blow a knee and retire anyway, as long as we dont let this happen again, i will not be too devoed about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Taz Deal Done? (Now Confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back