"Team Balance"

Remove this Banner Ad

He may take smaller forwards, Hunt usually gets the dangerous ones though. Ebert, Brown, Davey, etc... etc. Harley is not quick!! Fast forwards are just that, too fast for him. Who are all these small forwards he's beaten? All I recall is B.Johnson tearing his arseh*le out on the last 2 occasions he played on him.

A 'stopper'?? What? The guy struggles with key defensive roles and for that reason rarely gets them. Look closer when your at the game.

Pfft.. Your as thick as you have ever been. Hunt has speed and a great kick to his advantage... Harley has neither.

Convert his game?? He is exceptional at playing the 3rd man to a contest and is a great Captain.. thats his thing. One on one he is not that great... at all. He lacks strength of the big boys and speed of the small guys.

If your comparing... Hunt gets a key role nearly every week depending on match-ups, and gets a lot more of the ball than Harley anyway... I dare say he does far more damage with it also.

The fact is this bloke will make way for a player who will be more dimensional for our side. If we get leadership from other sources, it only works in our favour. Defenders today are not like they were 5+ years ago.

Yawn.... didn't read!

He may take smaller forwards, Hunt usually gets the dangerous ones though. Ebert, Brown, Davey, etc... etc. Harley is not quick!! Fast forwards are just that, too fast for him. Who are all these small forwards he's beaten? All I recall is B.Johnson tearing his arseh*le out on the last 2 occasions he played on him.

I must say, not surprising that you don't recall. Your selective memory would explain how you read this situation so wrong.

A 'stopper'?? What? The guy struggles with key defensive roles and for that reason rarely gets them. Look closer when your at the game.

See below.

Pfft.. Your as thick as you have ever been.

Personal insults when losing an argument. Classic martyk.

Hunt has speed and a great kick to his advantage... Harley has neither.

Harley takes contested marks and helps out his teammates in aerial contests. Hunt doesn't. Should Hunt be out of the team because of it?

Convert his game?? He is exceptional at playing the 3rd man to a contest and is a great Captain.. thats his thing. One on one he is not that great... at all. He lacks strength of the big boys and speed of the small guys.

Consistently beats his smaller and more agile oponents. Five years ago he was one of the best CHBs in the league. I'd call that a conversion.

If your comparing... Hunt gets a key role nearly every week depending on match-ups, and gets a lot more of the ball than Harley anyway... I dare say he does far more damage with it also.

Harley also gets key roles. How can you fail to see this? Hunt gets more of the ball, Harley does more in the air. So what?

The fact is this bloke will make way for a player who will be more dimensional for our side. If we get leadership from other sources, it only works in our favour. Defenders today are not like they were 5+ years ago.

Yeah, yeah. You wish. That's what you've been saying for years now. He just keeps going though. Must hurt hey marty? :D

Here is the post I was speaking of regarding Harley's recent record on DANGEROUS small forwards:

Really? Let's pick a few games from last year to see how well the small forwards went against Harley.

Round 11 v Adelaide - completely shut Ricciuto out. Killed him.
Round 13 v Sydney - completely shut down Nick Davis.
Round 15 v Collingwood - completely blanketed Dale Thomas.
Round 16 v Bulldogs - conceded 3 goals to Brad Johnson. Not a bad result.
Round 17 v Fremantle - obliterated Jeff Farmer. Barely sighted.
Round 20 v North - complete annihilation of Corey Jones.
Round 22 v Brisbane - shut down Brennan.
QF v North - Destroyed Corey Jones AGAIN.
PF v Collingwood - Shut down Medhurst.
Grand Final v Port - Almost saved the best until last. Outmuscled, outbodied, and comprehensively outplayed Motlop to the point of embarrassment.

So at a quick glance, that's Nick Davis, Dale Thomas, Jeff Farmer, Corey Jones (twice), Paul Medhurst and Daniel Motlop. All pretty dangerous small to medium sized forwards, all well beaten by Harley. And they're just the ones I can remember. After a rusty first game back (against St.Kilda, and even then Riewoldt only took 2 marks on him - hardly a thrashing), I don't think he was beaten again for the rest of the season. Not bad for a weak link.

I had big doubts on Harley at the start of the year, but was more than happy to be proven spectacularly wrong. I told him exactly that at the Best & Fairest count as well.

Most of this is plain made up.

Does anyone actually agree with this rubbish?

Here is the post I was speaking of regarding Harley's recent record on DANGEROUS small forwards:

Made up hey?? Explain why, instead of appealing for your idiotic mates on here to get you out of it.

Dangerous forwards? Corey Jones - injured, Ricciuto - over the hill, Farmer, Brennan WTF??? and Medhurst?? Are you serious?? What sort of argument is that???

Another one bites the dust, hey catempire?? :D I know your used to it mate.. no harm done here.

Made up hey?? Explain why, instead of appealing for your idiotic mates on here to get you out of it.

Dangerous forwards? Corey Jones - injured, Ricciuto - over the hill, Farmer, Brennan WTF??? and Medhurst?? Are you serious?? What sort of argument is that???

Another one bites the dust, hey catempire?? :D I know your used to it mate.. no harm done here.

See above.

Boring!

just give up marty.

CAT FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!11!!

head_yank.jpg

Davis, Thomas, Farmer, Milne, wouldn't call any of them slow yet this bloke you say isn't quick enough to play on smaller fast opponents flogged them all last year, throw in the medium sized guys like Jones, Ricciuto, Brennan etc. that he also flogged and he didn't have a bad year for someone only getting a game because he's Captain.

There's three possible explanations for your writing this stuff .....

[A] you can't admit you were wrong when you bagged him last season

you don't have a clue when it comes to accessing players

[C] you're yanking our chains

so which is it, personally I opt for number three.

Davis, Thomas, Farmer, Milne, wouldn't call any of them slow yet this bloke you say isn't quick enough to play on smaller fast opponents flogged them all last year, throw in the medium sized guys like Jones, Ricciuto, Brennan etc. that he also flogged and he didn't have a bad year for someone only getting a game because he's Captain.

I'm tipping both (A) and (B)

Ooooh, hatchet jobs are so much fun. Can I play?
Who'd ya cite as evidence of Hunt's prowess? Davey, Ebert, Brown?

Davey...was this the dispirited Davey who sleep-walked his way through the initial rounds of the season, esp. Rd 3? Whom commentators were lambasting for showing as much interest in the game as Hoffy's showing in your posts?

Motlop was the Port forward with the most damaging form heading into the Granny, even without the injury cloud hanging over Ebert. Can ya remind me who stood Motlop?

Brown, still recovering from his broken leg, was using wile not pace, and yet the 'speedy' Hunt lazily let him kick three once the game was dead.....Hunt was dropped for the following week, wasn't he Marty?
It's nice that you can argue Hunt manned him, it would be nicer if you could argue Hunt beat him.

Ooooh, hatchet jobs are so much fun. Can I play?
Who'd ya cite as evidence of Hunt's prowess? Davey, Ebert, Brown?

Davey...was this the dispirited Davey who sleep-walked his way through the initial rounds of the season, esp. Rd 3? Whom commentators were lambasting for showing as much interest in the game as Hoffy's showing in your posts?

Motlop was the Port forward with the most damaging form heading into the Granny, even without the injury cloud hanging over Ebert. Can ya remind me who stood Motlop?

Brown, still recovering from his broken leg, was using wile not pace, and yet the pacy Hunt lazily let him kick three once the game was dead.....Hunt was dropped for the following week, wasn't he Marty?
It's nice that you can argue Hunt manned him, it would be nicer if you could argue Hunt beat him.

Arh he's back :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: long time no see Stripey PJ'z Big footy cats board has been without some wit and class with out you ;)

where u bin ?

one thing that REALLY burns me about Bomber is Tenace. Why does he still have faith in him? Its so obvious he does not know how to kick ffs. He should have already been delisted. There are atleast 2 players that deserve a spot ahead of him, it seriously boggles the mind

Hell yes, can someone answer this??? If Bomber still has faith in Kane, i assume its for his once proven ability (back in his FIRST YEAR) of RUNNING WITH THE BALL!!! FFS Bomber, let the kid DO IT!!!.....then again, he can't kick to a target at a jogging pace let alone when the TURBO's are on....

K.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot [D] - got red-carded in a similar thread when he took up the same blinkered argument and has come back for revenge, despite getting owned last time.

marty seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Any response to the latest developments in this argument, marty? Or do you admit defeat?

Pfftt... what developments? That Harley defeated some 2nd-3rd stringers in a team, which destroyed the competition all year. So what?? You got nothin schmuck..

Not that I care... I just love that you all think my posts are garbage, yet can't wait for me to respond to fuel your boring pathetic lives... Does this make any sense?? One idiot even wastes a post by quoting me to just say "boring". Hahahaha.. :D

Hmmm... The bloke who guessed I'm yanking your chains is the winner.. :thumbsu:

Hmmm... The bloke who guessed I'm yanking your chains is the winner.. :thumbsu:
:D

I believe that means "yes", CIS.

Joshy fanboys. Squibs that fizzle together.

Rooke fans, on the other hand...

* Im acting Smart and pretending to know who that is * ;)
:eek: Cricketer, BDP!!! Additional details I'll leave to FT.
But it's his politicking that rattles Stripey's stumps.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Team Balance"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back