Team for Hawks Game

Remove this Banner Ad

I know - Half Expecting Toovey to be Captain Too
Dave maybe go away from the computer and stop posting for a couple of hours.

You are really just spouting rubbish at the moment

Dave maybe go away from the computer and stop posting for a couple of hours.

You are really just spouting rubbish at the moment

Well Going Home Shortly from Tafe and Have Tea - Should of Cooled down a bit by then

Re: Team for Hawks Game - Tank is ON

Ecstatic to have Josh back and Goldy too. Goldsack on Franklin will eventuate and is the perfect match-up for him.

Wakes got towelled up last time by Roughy and can't go with Buddy so MM is being very strategic which is good to see. Brown to man Roughhead also good match-up.

Johnson out is a beauty. However, Lonie as his replacement is disappointing. He is really playing for his career- last chance.

Toovey for Racer? MM playing his favourites is becoming farcical.

How Stanley and Iles constantly miss selection is a joke. They have been on the emergency list far too often and aren't being rewarded for good form. Add Cook for that matter too.

Only other positive is J-Mac being named as an emergency. For a first year player with a limited pre-season staking his claim is great news.

When will it ever stop!! Bad luck if you ever get in the Malthouse dog house.....

Feel sorry for McCarthy, just ask Stanley, Iles and Cook how may times they've been emergencies......

It's the Collingwood footballers grave yard! Just ask Ben Davies!

This is absolute rubbish!!

You have guys like Stanley and Iles playing their guts out at VFL level getting in the best players week in week out, only to get trumped by what must be Mick Malthouse's love child in Alan Toovey.

I don't think Toovey has got what it takes to even be an average AFL footballer, but that has nothing to do with my anger at this selection farce (ok maybe a little :D)

I was actually excited at the prospect of selection this week, thought we had a chance to inject some new blood into what has become a very stale team over the last weeks, but no Stanley, Iles, McCarthy (was an outsider I know) Dawes?? C'mon MM!!

Instead we get Lonie and Toovey!!

While Malthouse may have a "role" for Toovey, why not give it to someone who has actually earnt his spot through good form?

And don't even get me started on Ryan Lonie!

But we get over it......

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

Stanley and Iles are hard done by but the guys getting games ahead of them are playing in a different position. Don't believe the former thread title we are not tanking and rightly or wrongly MM and co. believe Lonie and Toovey would give us a better chance of winning than Stanley and Iles. He obviously thinks we need to sure up our defenders or thinks Lonie could do a similar job to R.Shaw in the middle.

If we were in the position of Melbourne, West Coast, Fremantle, Port and even Essendon we would play Stanley and Iles.

If Toovey and Lonie were his favorites they'd be in the side for a few weeks now. Favorites is just a stupid way of saying you rate the players lower than the selection panel. Toovey and Mick don't go over to each others houses each week to drink cocktails and watch Grey's Anatomy.

Well Going Home Shortly from Tafe and Have Tea - Should of Cooled down a bit by then
yeah that should do it, you are just over reacting a bit at the moment mate.

yeah that should do it, you are just over reacting a bit at the moment mate.
You are Probably Right, Hope the prove me wrong tomorrow night;)

cool nice changes.

johnson deserves to be dropped,
wakelin didnt do too well on roughead last time, even though our mids got smashed which was half the reason.
rhyce injured and wood has to go for fraser i guess, which is unlucky.

lonie im excited to see play again , never been a big fan of toovey but i dont mind seeing him get a game over the likes of johnson who seems to be going nowhere.

goldsack just needs to find that form of last year, fraser hopefully is 100 percent fit again which i doubt it.

all the doubters in this thread dont post here tomorrow night if we manage to get a win , some of the comments are disgraceful

You are Probably Right, Hope the prove me wrong tomorrow night;)
Me too mate, im not overly confident but at least make a very good contest and ill probably be ok about the loss

and To Make me even Happier we Have Scott McLaran Matthew James and Jeffery as Umpires.

Oh Lucky Us:mad:

Dont like those in's, and surely if Rhyce Shaw is and Wakelin are out for minor injuries or a rest, Leon had to be given a rest.

They've bought toovey and goldsack in to counter the defensive cluster crap that Hawthorn play, one thing's for sure, it wont be an attractive game to watch.

Ben Johnson is a bit stiff in getting dropped, would have been the perfect matchup for Cyrol Rioli, and Johnno was one of our only good defenders on Jetta last week. Still, he's turnovers are killing us, so it's not that big of a deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley and Iles are hard done by but the guys getting games ahead of them are playing in a different position. Don't believe the former thread title we are not tanking and rightly or wrongly MM and co. believe Lonie and Toovey would give us a better chance of winning than Stanley and Iles. He obviously thinks we need to sure up our defenders or thinks Lonie could do a similar job to R.Shaw in the middle.

If we were in the position of Melbourne, West Coast, Fremantle, Port and even Essendon we would play Stanley and Iles.

Understand what you're saying, but who is Toovey going to play on? Couldn't Stanley have a run with role?

I actually understand the Lonie inclusion (although it makes me angry), but Toovey??

Please help me to understand! :confused:

I can't work out how Stanley doesn't get a game. Iles you can see is not AFL standard , but Stanley while not quick has alot of other things going for him.
Good to see Ben Johnson finally dropped. Toovey and Lonie are stop gap measures.

Understand what you're saying, but who is Toovey going to play on? Couldn't Stanley have a run with role?

I actually understand the Lonie inclusion (although it makes me angry), but Toovey??

Please help me to understand! :confused:

Rioli, Bateman, Williams, Dew. TBH I would prefer Cox to Toovey and tell him to shut it down because unlike others I rate his defensive skills. He just can't seem to be able to zone off well.

How the **** do Toovey and Lonie get a game ahead of Stanley? Ridiculous!

Thank god Johnson has finally been dropped. He's been real bad for too long now.

At least without Johnson and Rhyce out we might actually be able to hit a target 7 times out of 10 instead of 3.. I'm guessing Lonie gets a game because he can use it and that's what's really killing us at the moment.

I can't work out how Stanley doesn't get a game. Iles you can see is not AFL standard , but Stanley while not quick has alot of other things going for him.
Good to see Ben Johnson finally dropped. Toovey and Lonie are stop gap measures.

Why is Iles so much worse than Stanley? At AFL level they have both done exactly the same. Not that much at all. Both have shown some weaknesses Stanley's awareness and decision making and Iles kicking and defensive skills.

im actually happy to see some changes...l think bringing in Fraser for Wood instead of Bryan is a good thing as Woods didnt combine well with Fraser last time we played the hawks & his current form in general play around the ground hasnt been that good. Lonie can properly kick a footy & may give us a bit more run out of defence than Johnson has been giving us. Goldsack will give us another option for Buddy & Rough now that Wakes is being rested. He may regain some form if he knows he may go straight back out for Wakes & may show some desire now finals action is getting closer...just maybe Toovey is a player l havent seen or notice that much, l assume he has come in for Shaw...mabye he is in for a tagging role??? go pies

This is absolute rubbish!!

You have guys like Stanley and Iles playing their guts out at VFL level getting in the best players week in week out, only to get trumped by what must be Mick Malthouse's love child in Alan Toovey.

I don't think Toovey has got what it takes to even be an average AFL footballer, but that has nothing to do with my anger at this selection farce (ok maybe a little :D)

I was actually excited at the prospect of selection this week, thought we had a chance to inject some new blood into what has become a very stale team over the last weeks, but no Stanley, Iles, McCarthy (was an outsider I know) Dawes?? C'mon MM!!

Instead we get Lonie and Toovey!!

While Malthouse may have a "role" for Toovey, why not give it to someone who has actually earnt his spot through good form?

And don't even get me started on Ryan Lonie!

But we get over it......

MM has lost my support. I join the chorus for his removal. What's the point of performing well in the reserves if those who play ordinary games get selected ahead of you. Same old faces.

Last time Goldsack was promoted, he had played a very ordinary game in the reserves and Brown had said in his game report that Goldsack would need more time in the VFL before being considered for promotion. I loved Goldsack last year, but he has looked a shadow of his former self this year.

When mediocrity is so consistently rewarded, it's no wonder the team plays with so intensity and heart, and why we cannot match other teams for skill. This certainly should be considered Toovey's last chance if he fails to perform. The selections are as predictable as the team's game plan.

Rioli, Bateman, Williams, Dew. TBH I would prefer Cox to Toovey and tell him to shut it down because unlike others I rate his defensive skills. He just can't seem to be able to zone off well.

A Toovey matchup on any of them scares me!

Rioli- too quick
Bateman- too fit
Williams - too quick
Dew- ummm too fat? :D

Can see where you are coming from tho Jabso

Let hope he does his job (whatever that is) and we win....

That's what it's all about.

Why is Iles so much worse than Stanley? At AFL level they have both done exactly the same. Not that much at all. Both have shown some weaknesses Stanley's awareness and decision making and Iles kicking and defensive skills.

Because his awareness and decision making probelms at AFL level have been partly caused by lack of teamwork , and being given a dodgy handball. I watch tham at VFL level and Stanley is a cut above Iles , and has more weapons as a midfielder. This would be a perfect game for him to come in for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team for Hawks Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back