Team: GF Replay

Remove this Banner Ad

What if Presti came in to play on Kosi, N Brown took Riewoldt with Reid still the go-to man but on a flank, releasing Maxwell/O'Brien to shadow Goddard. Maybe too disruptive to the backline, but Presti has generally destroyed Kosi and Nathan has shown he can oppose Riewoldt. This gives the backline an extra tall to play on Riewoldt if Brown fails and Reid could be swung forward to play on Fisher if he again proves a nuisance.

Reid Presti Toovey
Maxwell N Brown Johnson
H Shaw Pendlebury Thomas
Sidebottom Dawes Macaffer
Davis Cloke Didak

Jolly Ball Swan

L Brown Beams Wellingham O’Brien

I've moved from one change to two.

In: Medurst, Goldsack
Out: Davis, Blair

Medhurst wouldn't need to be that fit to do a better job in that forward pocket than Leon.
I actually really like the idea of having Goldsack at half back and giving Maxwell the run with role on Goddard. This means Shaw can play half back, where he is better suited, and the side seems so much more flexible with Goldsack in it. Another option is giving Toovey the run with role on Goddard. Again, Goldsack takes his place in defense. A few of those high balls inside fifty were not killed when Maxwell couldn't do it, I'd love Goldsack around to thump the ball away.

Let's just hope they acknowledge Leon's poor chasing efforts and drop him. I would've rather him have no kicks and 7 tackles. His chasing and pressure was really sub standard, and Buckley definitely noticed. It'll be a Malthouse v Buckley battle I think, Malthouse for Leon, Buckley for a change, even though i say Medhurst I think they are more likely to go for Lockyer.

Seriously though, Medhurst could kick 4 this weekend, Lockyer couldn't, and neither could Davis.

I've moved from one change to two.

In: Medurst, Goldsack
Out: Davis, Blair

Medhurst wouldn't need to be that fit to do a better job in that forward pocket than Leon.
I actually really like the idea of having Goldsack at half back and giving Maxwell the run with role on Goddard. This means Shaw can play half back, where he is better suited, and the side seems so much more flexible with Goldsack in it. Another option is giving Toovey the run with role on Goddard. Again, Goldsack takes his place in defense. A few of those high balls inside fifty were not killed when Maxwell couldn't do it, I'd love Goldsack around to thump the ball away.

Let's just hope they acknowledge Leon's poor chasing efforts and drop him. I would've rather him have no kicks and 7 tackles. His chasing and pressure was really sub standard, and Buckley definitely noticed. It'll be a Malthouse v Buckley battle I think, Malthouse for Leon, Buckley for a change, even though i say Medhurst I think they are more likely to go for Lockyer.

Seriously though, Medhurst could kick 4 this weekend, Lockyer couldn't, and neither could Davis.

I agree 100%.

Blair has done a great job this season but just like against Geelong.....he looked off the pace!

Medhurst is our best chance at scoring goals compared to Leon or Lockyer.

Lockyer has been a great servant of the club....but this season he has been a f%#king bum.
Mr. Rubber chest!

Is it worth Blair keeping his spot though with Ball looking injured/playing as bad as he did last week?

Watching the second quarter, Blair was really handy with his in and under work.

Is it worth Blair keeping his spot though with Ball looking injured/playing as bad as he did last week?

Watching the second quarter, Blair was really handy with his in and under work.

It's a tough call kacks32.......i don't think Ball will play as poorly to be honest.
Goldsack will be a handy in but the key is replacing Leon with a GOAL KICKING small....Medhurst is the wild card!

I think Medhurst and Leon are exactly the same and when they are bad its very bad. If Mick had Medhurst in his plans he would have gave him more game time before the finals such as the the round 22 game and also he wouldnt have dropped him straight aay after the Essendon game. Medhurst is a very lazy footballer and I dont think we need a player like him.

Tell Beams, Barham is in line for his spot this week...let him stew on that for a couple of days :)

Seriously, Bucks has just rapt up Blairs game...so only changes might be because of niggling injuries...got a funny feeling MM might go with "he can't play that and again" with Davis

It's a tough call kacks32.......i don't think Ball will play as poorly to be honest.
Goldsack will be a handy in but the key is replacing Leon with a GOAL KICKING small....Medhurst is the wild card!

Yeah its such a tough situation, Goldsack definitely needs to come in!

Medhurst and Leon is such a weird one, because both will most likely do very little... maybe we could play Shaw up forward as we have seen in 5 minute bursts and Rhyce has done for the Swans throughout the year.

I've now changed my thinking to Blair for Goldy.
I don't think we can play Blair and Ball in the same side when we're looking for extra run.
Goldy to go back to Milne and BJ to play midfield, maybe even plenty of minutes on Hayes and exploit his one paced run.

Nah ya can't drop Beams. He's averaged 20 disposals and a goal a game over the year.

If he can get near that output on Saturday he'll be very important.

Plus he seems fit, and with ??? over a few players, we don't want to go dropping talented fit players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medhurst is our best chance at scoring goals compared to Leon or Lockyer.

Lockyer has been a great servant of the club....but this season he has been a f%#king bum.
Mr. Rubber chest!

Before everyone starts bagging Lockyer, remember the drawn game against Melbourne when he kicked a crucial late goal. Lockyer would provide a real calming presence in our forward line. Sure, he won't kick 4 but might kick 1 or 2 steadying goals at crucial times. He is a great set shot and wouldn't look to dish off to the inexperienced Blair like Thomas did.

With the normally accurate Dawes off line last weekend, the forward line lacked an experienced player to step up, take a mark and kick a nerve settling goal at an important time. Lockyer could well be that man. Sure Medhurst could provide more flair and has more upside, but Lockyer could be the man for the moment.

Beams won't be dropped. we dont have anyone to replace him with plus he never has two shockers in a row.
Davis dropped himself last week and Blair's been shaky in all the finals, which is expected from the kid.
The ins will be out of Goldsack, Medhurst and Lockyer and that would be my order of preference. Medders despite not playing for awhile will present huge headaches to aints defence, could even potentially tag Fisher.

I've decided* I want Medders and Goldsack in the side, but not sure who the second out should be. Bombing it in long doesn't work with Fisher/Gilbert/Gwilt, so rather then having a small crumber to clean up non-existent crumbs, Medders can be used as another hit up target in the forward line. He's a good mark and an accurate kick. Goldsack comes in to do a job on Goddard.

So...

In: Medhurst, Goldsack
Out: Leon, ?

I reckon Blair played alright and we'll need his clearance work if Bally has limited gametime again. Beams was quiet but think he'll turn it around. So not sure who's out for the Sack.

*Haha, I'm really Mick, hence why "I've decided" :p

I've decided* I want Medders and Goldsack in the side, but not sure who the second out should be. Bombing it in long doesn't work with Fisher/Gilbert/Gwilt, so rather then having a small crumber to clean up non-existent crumbs, Medders can be used as another hit up target in the forward line. He's a good mark and an accurate kick. Goldsack comes in to do a job on Goddard.

So...

Out: Leon, ?

I reckon Blair played alright and we'll need his clearance work if Bally has limited gametime again. Beams was quiet but think he'll turn it around. So not sure who's out for the Sack.

*Haha, I'm really Mick, hence why "I've decided" :p

I agree. Medhurst would be a great lead up forward and i think he would stretch the Saints defence.
Sack on Goddard seems a good match up.

Out: Leon, Blair

I think some fresh legs and experience could be the way to go.

Out: Blair, McCaffer
In: Medhurst, Lockyer

Blair is a trier but like all young players, after 6-7 games needs a rest. McCaffer just hasn't done enough the past 2-3 weeks.

The only other one would be Davis for Goldsack

Regardless of changes the Pies will touch em up this week!!

I find it very strange to see so many people wanting guys like Lockyer and Medhurst back in the side.

These guys have not played any football whatsoever in a month. They had their chances late in the season but weren't up to it. Guys like Blair and Macaffer came in and made an instant impact.

Everyone wants Davis dropped...yet are demanding the inclusion of guys who couldn't get a kick in a game we smashed the opposition...and haven't played since

Yes Davis was quiet...but he didn't look off the pace. He had very little actual match time...and when he was around the ball he made something happen...including some decent tackles.

If Davis is dropped for Goldsack, then I can understand it because atleast GOldy has played some footy recently and has been good.

As for the others...they have absolutely no form to justify selection. They would get selected based on their name alone. At least Davis has that final quarter goal to hang his hat on. It was a very telling moment of the game.

I think some fresh legs and experience could be the way to go.

Out: Blair, McCaffer
In: Medhurst, Lockyer

Blair is a trier but like all young players, after 6-7 games needs a rest. McCaffer just hasn't done enough the past 2-3 weeks.

The only other one would be Davis for Goldsack

Regardless of changes the Pies will touch em up this week!!

Don't see how you could possibly drop McCaffer when he is our one defensive forward who played his actual role on Saturday, chasing and tackling unlike Leon and to an extent Blair.

If anyone mentions MaCaffer's name as a possible out, they should be shot.:eek:

He is exactly what we need, and is one of, if not our best defensive forward, and replacing him with a player like Lockyer or Medhurst is down right football suicide.

I can only see Davis and Blair as the only 2 players who have any chance at all of being "dropped" for the replay, talking about anyone else is fantasy, or in the case of MaCaffer, stupidity.

The "Caff" will be playing, don't you worry about that.

If anyone mentions MaCaffer's name as a possible out, they should be shot.:eek:

He is exactly what we need, and is one of, if not our best defensive forward, and replacing him with a player like Lockyer or Medhurst is down right football suicide.

I can only see Davis and Blair as the only 2 players who have any chance at all of being "dropped" for the replay, talking about anyone else is fantasy, or in the case of MaCaffer, stupidity.

The "Caff" will be playing, don't you worry about that.

I agree Matty123, Caff will play.

Goldy & Medhurst for Davis & Blair.

I understand that Medders has missed a bit of footy, but we need to try something in the small forward department because Leon struggled again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team: GF Replay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back