Preview Team vs Hawks (Dead Rubber Game for Pies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon now everyone, it's plainly obvious what MM is doing here, leaving Leon and Meds in the VFL so that we win the only final the club is playing this week.:p:D

Very Good Point Matty.

McCarthy being picked this week is a joke! Medhurst and Leon should have been looked at ahead of him. Why would we pic ka players on the eve of the finals that has only played one game this season and isnt even that good. What a joke.

well I was at his only game this season against St Kila, you obviously weren't

You obviously weren't at the Essendon game a few weeks back to see Medhurst then (just thought I'd get involved in the judging a whole player's career on one game thing we have going on here).

I don't get the selection of McCarthy?

We seem to have a team of midfielders and backs.

I really think we need at least one of Davis or Medders.

I've heard we may rest Thomas & Johnson, so expect those 2 in. JMac IMV has more scope for growth than Wellingham, give him some continuity & he'll be a gun. That is past this year but in a dead rubber, you have to give him a taste so he has a preseason like Wellingham did this year.

You obviously weren't at the Essendon game a few weeks back to see Medhurst then (just thought I'd get involved in the judging a whole player's career on one game thing we have going on here).

Medhurst is a better player and his form is much better then MaCarthys at VFL level. Is such a suprising selection but Mick may have a good reason in picking him, with him in the side another player gets an extra weeks rest and it would be much easier for Mick to drop MaCarthy then someone else for the finals. I think for the doggies match leon will replace macarthy in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medhurst is a better player and his form is much better then MaCarthys at VFL level.

Medhurst is (potentially that could be was) a better player when he is fit and firing but that's nearly 2 years ago now. His form in the VFL hasn't been much better than McCarthy's either, you're just clutching at straws.

Medhurst, the x-factor forward we need that has averaged a grand total of 10 possessions and 0 goals over his last 3 AFL appearances. Forgive me for not being too distraught over the prospect of him sitting this game and the coming finals campaign out.

Let's all judge McCarthy off one game this season and conveniently cast aside Paul Medhurst's 2 years of mediocrity when we kick up a fuss about these inclusions :rolleyes:

Rusler at 17:43
Hey I'm with you on that one. Davis, Medhurst and Didak always seem to destroy us and I see none are playing this week.

I'm interested because I suspect the Dogs team this week is picked more on who we will be needing next week. Harbrow and Gilbee have been useless against Leon, Medhurst and Didak and i'm racking my brains thinking who we have that can match them (Picken for Didak, Wood maybe for Davis). Now we may not even have to worry about Davis and Medhurst- makes no sense at all to me.,

Rusler at 17:43
Hey I'm with you on that one. Davis, Medhurst and Didak always seem to destroy us and I see none are playing this week.

I'm interested because I suspect the Dogs team this week is picked more on who we will be needing next week. Harbrow and Gilbee have been useless against Leon, Medhurst and Didak and i'm racking my brains thinking who we have that can match them (Picken for Didak, Wood maybe for Davis). Now we may not even have to worry about Davis and Medhurst- makes no sense at all to me.,

Didak and Davis will most likley play against you guys but i doubt Medhurst will.

Should be worth noting for those that are worrying about us leaving our superstar goal kicking forward for an average run of the mill midfielder in McCarthy that over the past month McCarthy has kicked 7 goals and Medhurst a grand total of 2.

I'm personally happy to see J-Mac get a run. His VFL form since his return has reportedly been better than Medders. I wouldn't be surprised if Davis came back in as a late change (can he play VFL?).

McCarthy? That's surprising, but increasing the number of players ready for finals football can only be a good thing. I hope he makes a better fist of this opportunity than the one he got earlier in the year.

I'm personally happy to see J-Mac get a run. His VFL form since his return has reportedly been better than Medders. I wouldn't be surprised if Davis came back in as a late change (can he play VFL?).

Yer i doubt he would be allowed to play in the VFL maybe just give him a weeks rest and bring him back for the doggies game. As for Medhurst he got 32 touches last week and kicked 3 goals.

Iinvig mate I agree with you, but going on like this you'll drive yourself insane lol

The worst that happens is JMac plays bad, and we replace him with probably Davis next week. The best he plays fantastically and we have bigger and better selection headaches next week.

Honestly what is the problem with playing an inform talented youngster in a dead rubber, if rounds was fit and he got selected no one would batter an eye

Didak and Davis will most likley play against you guys but i doubt Medhurst will.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. I don't understood why you wouldn't play Davis this week though after missing last week. Even if he plays next week and you win that means he will have 1 game in five weeks- he will be very underdone if you guys make the PF.

IMO the reason we lost Cooney, Johnson and Higgins before that was that they were not match fit. I'm sure you guys will learn from our mistakes.

Really happy to see Medhurst is on the outer- always kicks goals against us. Do you want to trade him?

Medders had his chance. He blew it. Get over it already.

Regardless of whether Medhurst plays in the finals, he should've been picked this week. It keeps options open. We need a small forward. We've got midfielders covered.

If McCarthy plays well against Hawthorn does he keep his spot?
Who does he force out?

If I didn't think it was a significant error, I would get over it. My whole point is that he hasn't been given a proper chance, a 99-point belting of Essendon is not an accurate reflection of how the games we'll be playing in the next month will pan out. McCarthy's past three AFL games have been just as poor as Medhurst's from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back