News Teams..

Remove this Banner Ad

rather him in the team than S Selwood, but agree on Smith we need speed and the boy has it in loads or at least did. SMITH IN THE TEAM ASAP

There should be question marks over his pace given the incredible effort to improve his endurance. Pace can be recovered, you can't play in the midfield or even across half back without good running power.

Thank god Mcginnity is dropped, people like him because he tries hard but that isn't good enough.

Here is to ash smith hopefully dominating in the wafl this week :thumbsu::thumbsu:

McGinnity is a rich mans version of Priddis. Better speed, Utility, More Dynamic in close. Can go in and get the hard ball and actually take real body on body pressure and get the ball out.

Priddis has his fans but ill still back my thoughts that if he was to get injured, that we as a team would benifit. Even if he was sidelined alongside, Shuey, Kerr, Masten and a yet to debut Stevens.

He's like what Fevola was for Carltons forward line, only totally unremarkable.

Really? I've only heard negative things about Scott's disposal. If that's true he should play more of an aggressive role you would think?

Scott Selwood seriously lacks composure and sure hands. What he does have is one seriously good and very natural kicking action in my book, if he can improve his composure and work on his smarts he would be an incredible footballer.

Still a long way to go in Scotts career and improvement will come as he continues to develop.

I don't buy the whole we can't drop seinor players argument.

Senior players IMO:

• Glass
  • Hurn
  • Cox
  • Waters
  • Rosa
  • Priddis
  • Kennedy
  • Lecras
  • Selwood
  • Butler
  • Lynch
  • Embley
  • Mckinley
  • Nicoski
These guys have played enough games to warrant being named a "senior player". No reason why we can't get rid of nicoski,lynch,embley,selwood in terms of maintaining a team with enough senior players. Look at the dogs list the last few years, they have had a very little number of senior players but have still been a top 4 side.

Of all the teams you pick as your example of youthful leadership you pick the Bulldogs? The oldest team in the league?

Priddis has his fans but ill still back my thoughts that if he was to get injured, that we as a team would benifit. Even if he was sidelined alongside, Shuey, Kerr, Masten and a yet to debut Stevens.

Guy's bulletproof though, which is helped by not having a sprint gear.

I still have a sneaky suspicion Worsfold will look to move him on at the end of the year... you know, tell him limited oppurtunities and a trade might be better for his career.

Only reason i say this is that when interviewers ask Woosha about him, he isn't too glowing with praise. It would also be wise to just keep playing him at max time so his stats look pretty at the end of the year.

McGinnity is a rich mans version of Priddis. Better speed, Utility, More Dynamic in close. Can go in and get the hard ball and actually take real body on body pressure and get the ball out.

Don't think so. Mcginnity has better athleticism and that is about it. Priddis work at clearances>>>>>>>> anything Mcginnity can do.

I'm not even a priddis fan...

Take out Aker,Hall,Johnson, and see how you go.

31- Eagleton, Hudson
29- Hahn
28- Gilbee, Hargrave, Lake, Giansiracusa
27- Murphy, Boyd, Morris, Cross

Only Murphy and Hargrave will be missing on the weekend because they are both injured. All are best 22.

You were saying?

A better example would of been Collingwood.

Hmm we are only 3 years younger on average and 60 games less experience PER PLAYER against Geelong.

That can't be healthy haha.
Interesting that 3 years ago, the same Geelong team started winning flags...

So age-wise, we are only 12 ladder places off where we should be lol.

Interesting that 3 years ago, the same Geelong team started winning flags...

So age-wise, we are only 12 ladder places off where we should be lol.

each year that passes by doesn't add 3 years to our average, as each year there has to be a turn over of players, which is normaly young guys pushing the old out. So really 3 years is prob nearly more like five years behind

Feels like the next flag is that far away to be honest :(

Considering you would have also been saying that in 06, 94 and 92 given your track record you not entirely the best judge on these things though Cuzz ;)

I dont even care about the team lists anymore. Before the seasons out I demand

Ashley Smith plays 5 games. Hes not in great form but neither would Gary Ablett if he was playing for that shitheap of a side called Perth

Koby Stevens debuts

Hurn gets a few games in the guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The average age of the WC team is 23 years and 1 month. Not sure if it's the lowest ever but it wouldn't be far off. Will certainly be the youngest team out there on the weekend.

To put it in perspective the average age of the Freo team (which is considered young) is 24 years 3 months.

the average annual income in australia is about $80k. How does that explain Kerry Packer etel.

It isnt that simple - it is the number of key roles being playes by players with lesst tha 20-30 games

we are very very young as a team.

You have to be kidding! He gets less then half the ball Priddis does. Priddis would be getting so much praise playing for a team like Geelong. We just dont have enough players running beside him.

I cringed every time McGinnity got the ball against carlton. Looked like he was going to get pinged for holding the ball every time. Gets wrapped up way to easily IMO and doesnt look like his making any effort to get rid of it.

Wouldnt be on any other teams list

Awesome - was peeved I didnt get tickets to the game yesterday, then got a call this morning from SGIO saying Id won a draw for a "Gopher Package"... cheuffer driven from home to the game, tickets, $100 food/drinks card, and a 'gopher' to go and get our orders for us and bring them to our seats!!! Thanks universe :thumbsu:

Poor gopher - might have to have some fun and order things only sold on the opposite side of the ground to where we sit :p

How quickly people jump of the McGinnity bandwagon.

Yeah I have never understood the hate for him this year, yes he needs to improve in certain areas but he is still young and inexperienced.

He tries his guts out and he would compliment a good team, unfortunately because we are slow and are skills are substandard his deficiencies stand out more.

He is on the cusp of our best 22 but I am still willing to give him more time and games to improve, I think he can prove an important cog.

Yeah I have never understood the hate for him this year, yes he needs to improve in certain areas but he is still young and inexperienced.

He tries his guts out and he would compliment a good team, unfortunately because we are slow and are skills are substandard his deficiencies stand out more.

He is on the cusp of our best 22 but I am still willing to give him more time and games to improve, I think he can prove an important cog.

That's all he can do. People give him so much credit for shutting down a 3rd yr player with OP.

Very happy with the changes. Although I'm not a huge fan of Dalziell I'm happy to see him given a go. Really hoping that Smith or Stevens come in soon like most people.

Was preying for Notte but knew it was a long shot, happy to see Brown in.

Embley to kick 4 and stun us all, beginning an amazing 3 year run where he turns into a goal machine in his twilight years. Just kidding, he'll still be shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Teams..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back