Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to her mother attempting to castigate me for calling her Poopy. Well if you didn't want me or all her friends at school (assuming she has any with a name like that) to call her Poopy you should have given her a decent bloody name instead of getting on your high horse about when you have a baby you can call it whatever you like!
Comments like this make me so scared about naming my baby lol. I've even googled potential teasing nicknames for our frontrunners.

I look forward to her mother attempting to castigate me for calling her Poopy. Well if you didn't want me or all her friends at school (assuming she has any with a name like that) to call her Poopy you should have given her a decent bloody name instead of getting on your high horse about when you have a baby you can call it whatever you like!

Yeah, we can't let our daughter, Mackenzie, get fat. Otherwise, she will spend her school years as Big Mac!

One of my mother's cats is named Poppy. At the vet once it got mistaken for 'Poopy'.

It has since stuck.

We got stuck with my aunties cats when we took over her lease. Didn't like the female cats name and she always seemed pregnant so we named her preggas. The vet mistook it for Precious. That did not stick

Speaking of pets and baby names, I know someone whose child was named almost the same name as the (pre-existing) pet.

Perils of giving pets human names, I suppose, especially if it's the only human name you like enough to give to your child.

My niece is in this scenario. Just one added letter from the dog name to the kid name

I'm guessing you nommed the Mamas and Papas song then ;)

No. There was absolutely no outside motivation for this name. If we got my way, she would've been Alexis, or Arabella, or Alexis Arabella :p

Comments like this make me so scared about naming my baby lol. I've even googled potential teasing nicknames for our frontrunners.
We considered Aidan as a boys name when my wife was pregnant with our first kid but ruled it out because Aids.

Marge: Homer, if the baby's a boy, what do you think about the name Larry?
Homer: Marge, we can't do that. All the kids will call him Larry Fairy.
Marge: How about Louie?
Homer: They'll call him Screwy Louie.
Marge: Bob?
Homer: Slob.
Marge: Luke?
Homer: Puke.
Marge: Marcus?
Homer: Mucus.
Marge: What about Bart?
Homer: Hmm, let's see. Bart, Cart, Dart, E-art... nope, can't see any problem with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Lily the other choice? That just rubs more salt into the wound.
It certainly was. Good memory there. I have no idea why that one was rejected. I think this is the danger when you start calling the unborn baby some kind of pet name like they did. Started calling her Poppy because she was the size of a poppy seed when they found out or something. Called her Poppy through the whole pregnancy and then struggled to decide on anything else when the time came.

It certainly was. Good memory there. I have no idea why that one was rejected. I think this is the danger when you start calling the unborn baby some kind of pet name like they did. Started calling her Poppy because she was the size of a poppy seed when they found out or something. Called her Poppy through the whole pregnancy and then struggled to decide on anything else when the time came.
Lucky they didn't call her 'bean' throughout the pregnancy then.

I believe that an under 16s NSW player last night was named Bradman Best. There are some ferals following that sport.

You know in the context of some of the downright weird names in this thread, Poppy is pretty darn acceptable in my view. Beats the pants off abcde or n-a

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Terrible baby names